Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 08-12-2020, 10:35 PM   #1
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
I was browsing the net and this ad link kept coming up

This kept coming up with a pic. and I clicked on it.

https://www.dodge.com/challenger.htm...02&sid=5176513

This is why Dodge is selling Challengers and Camaros are not selling. I'm not in the market for a Challenger but it still got my attention enough to click on to check out the cars.
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 10:55 PM   #2
I`m Batman

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS M6
I run Pi-hole at home, so I don't see ads. But I'm sure Dodge puts out a lot more advertising than Camaro.
I`m Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 06:23 AM   #3
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by MackSteelPrivateEye View Post
This kept coming up with a pic. and I clicked on it.

https://www.dodge.com/challenger.htm...02&sid=5176513

This is why Dodge is selling Challengers and Camaros are not selling. I'm not in the market for a Challenger but it still got my attention enough to click on to check out the cars.
It's been debated on this forum since the first Christmas. There's people on here who actually believe advertising the Camaro is not worth it for GM and defend their position to keep marketing minimal for it.

Thank you for proving them wrong. Again.
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 06:48 AM   #4
RyanR623

Drives: SS A8, NPP, Red Hot
That and the brotherhood of muscle commercials on TV i see almost every day.
RyanR623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 08:58 AM   #5
L78toLT1

Drives: Hyper Blue 2016 2SS 6M
The advertising certainly doesn't hurt Challenger/Charger sales but a similar ad campaign by gm would not boost Camaro sales to Challenger levels imo. The Dodge offerings are infinitely more liveable as dd family vehicles. I get it that most of us did not buy our Camaros for these purposes, but I'll venture a guess that most Dodge owners did. There's also a significant number of folks that live and die by straight line performance. Gm could reel in those guys with an lt5 powered ZL1
2016 Hyper Blue 2SS/6m/MRC/NPP/Silver Rally stripes/ZL1 wheels & brakes/GForce DS and axles/ZLE Cradle Bushings/FE4 ARB front & rear/SEMA Grill/Rotofab dry/95mm TB/Magnuson 2300/Full LT4 fuel system/JMS boost-a-pump/E85 Sensor/Ported CID heads from LME/Cammotion PD cam/Thompson Motorsports forged shortblock/catted Kooks 1 7/8 headers /JRE remote tuned
L78toLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 09:21 AM   #6
MarkSS1958

Drives: "19" 2SS 4xBlack "16" Ram 4x4
Personally I don't mind driving something a little more rare around my small town Hey if they quit nmaking them at some point the c8 vette will become affordable for me
Old 08-13-2020, 09:48 AM   #7
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Dodge sells more pony cars than ford and chevy. Challenger really has no competitor.

This has been the case for over 15 years.

Aggressive pricing and financing + not driving cost up by being all that great of a vehicle + having usable rear seats == sales these days.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 01:50 PM   #8
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkSS1958 View Post
Personally I don't mind driving something a little more rare around my small town Hey if they quit nmaking them at some point the c8 vette will become affordable for me
I like that they're kinda rare but at the same time I don't want the Camaro to go through the same fate it did in 2002. One thing about Mustang guys that they have that we don't is that it's been in continuous production since 1964.

Also you can't get a C8 with a real manual transmission anymore. That eliminates the car for me all together. And I won't buy used or electric.
Old 08-13-2020, 02:01 PM   #9
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
same as all other annoying spam
Old 08-13-2020, 02:20 PM   #10
bigd1276
2017 HyperBlue 2SS

Drives: 2017 HyperBlue Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post
It's been debated on this forum since the first Christmas. There's people on here who actually believe advertising the Camaro is not worth it for GM and defend their position to keep marketing minimal for it.

Thank you for proving them wrong. Again.
Much longer than that.

Number 3?

2010 IBM 2LT RS......Traded for.....
2012 IBM 2SS RS......Traded for.....
2017 HBM 2SS
bigd1276 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 04:21 PM   #11
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post
Also you can't get a C8 with a real manual transmission anymore. That eliminates the car for me all together. And I won't buy used or electric.
Manual transmissions suck. So you press some buttons with your fingers or shift with your hand and you dont have to play with your feet. So what?

If you miss the extra motions, just pretend with your feet. No sense in using obsolete tech out of some habit. You'll be like the sad old guys who still refuse to touch efi.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 04:43 PM   #12
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post
Manual transmissions suck. So you press some buttons with your fingers or shift with your hand and you dont have to play with your feet. So what?

If you miss the extra motions, just pretend with your feet. No sense in using obsolete tech out of some habit. You'll be like the sad old guys who still refuse to touch efi.
You're entitled to your opinion. I will also not argue that today's performance automatics are great stuff, they are not the slush boxes of old.

But for some of us sad old guys, there's more to it than just shifting fast, that's not really what it's all about. I'm not trying to change your mind, just adding a little perspective as to why some of us like manuals, it's just a part of the driving experience we enjoy.

But to the topic, yes Dodge does a lot more marketing. But they also are the only one left that has held true to the muscle car spirit, and they proudly proclaim that. This speaks loudly to a great number of people. I still prefer my Camaro to a Challenger, but we have a 50th Edition Sinnamon Stick Scat Pack Shaker on our showroom floor that is one cool looking car. (Yeah, I worked up some rough numbers on it, lol.

Last edited by MrChrisLS3; 08-13-2020 at 04:54 PM.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 06:07 PM   #13
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigd1276 View Post
Much longer than that.

Number 3?
I was trying not to name names but yeah lol
Old 08-13-2020, 06:07 PM   #14
Staves

Drives: women crazy
I don’t recall seeing a Camaro ad on TV or elsewhere ever.
Staves is offline   Reply With Quote