Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 03:00 PM   #85
UsedTaHaveA68

Drives: Hyundai Sonata
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayhawk View Post
Just thought I would put in my thoughts on this...
Tag said he knew that dyno testing would be taking place, which he was fine with. To me, the dyno puts way more stress on the engine/drivetrain than a couple burnouts. He knew and was ok with them doing full load dyno pulls to redline, so to me, this is not that big of a deal. The only issue is the tires, and they didn't even do a real burnout, so I don't know what the big deal is. The only reason I wouldn't do this to my car is because I want to break it in before running it that hard, but that is out the window if you are doing dyno pulls at 12 miles. Personally, I want to be the first one to drive like an a-hole in my new car, but other than that, I wouldn't really care much about this. I would agree though, it is bad form to post vids like this without asking the owner first.

And by the way, that thing sounds awesome.
A screaming burnout is much harder than a controlled dyno run. With a burnout like that, you're exerting extremely high shock loads on all parts of the drivetrain, which is MUCH harder on everything than a loaded run from 2500-6500RPM. Think about it, which hurts more? Some one rearing back and punching you in the chest, or someone putting their fist on your chest and pushing as hard and as quickly as they can?

And everyone seems to worry about what damage these guys might have done during their "testing." I'd be more worried about future break-downs. The dealer can void the warranty if abusive driving is suspected. Let's say for no good reason one of your U-bolts break (and I know this is unlikely, I'm just making a point). All the dealer has to do is pull up this video and say "nope, sorry your warranty is void due to abusive driving." Then you're SOL.

Also, if it were mine, I probably wouldn't be too terribly pissed off about a fly-by and a quick acceleration... but to do it on a two-lane public road with other traffic around is just inviting disaster. The idiots didn't even take the traction control off, which causes the loud "pop" someone commented on. This shows the people in the shop have NO respect for other's property and will certainly not be receiving any of my business. Nice work Stainless Works!
Old 05-23-2009, 03:07 PM   #86
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDBeck23 View Post
I'd be more worried about the brakes being abused from driving the car a million miles an hour down tiny ohio roads and having to jam the brakes.

Im sorry, I can tell this has been highly debated. I dont care why they did it, it should have never been done! PERIOD! Hats off to Tom Henry for jumping all over them and communicating with TAG, you guys are awesome, if I only lived closer!

Stainless will not be getting my business, if they'll disrespect a customer's car like that, I cant imagine their customer service will be all that great.
That has got to be a speed record.

I wouldn't call that a tiny Ohio road, that is a residential street. This was probably not done near their shop, looks to me like someone just having too much unauthorized fun where they shouldn't. Someone knows who was driving the car, time and distance study can determine speed, 3X to 4X the limit. If i'm understanding Tag, it was dealt with.
Old 05-23-2009, 03:15 PM   #87
Jamie Mac
NCM-WINR

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM 2014 2LT Stingray
So is the guy having problems with second gear or is he letting off the gas to get the traction control to release the brakes?
Old 05-23-2009, 04:28 PM   #88
Blownhotrodder

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Nah, looks like hes an idiot and doesnt know how to drive. Maybe he needs to stick with fabbing instead of abusing customers cars.
Old 05-23-2009, 06:49 PM   #89
Matt'sSS
From 2 door to 5 door

Drives: C5 Vert->CGM SS RS M6->SRT8 Magnum
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan1080 View Post
When people build a performance engine, if they are serious about it they put it on the engine dyno and take it to redline and back quite a few times for break it. After that it is good to go hard once they put it in the car. If you do that then the pistons are seated the best they could be. I think driving it fairly hard off the get go is good for it.
As someone else mentioned, testing & breaking in a controlled environment on a dyno is considerably different than bouncin off the rev limiter & miss shifting in a huge burn out. The high speed passes are not as much of an engine concern in comparison, but much more illegal I would think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDBeck23 View Post
I'd be more worried about the brakes being abused from driving the car a million miles an hour down tiny ohio roads and having to jam the brakes.
IMHO, I would be considerably less worried about a hundred or two $ worth of break pads compared to a what, $6-$7,000 engine? Or at least a several thousand dollar rebuild taking a hell of a lot more than the one hour brake job... Sure it's still an issue, but I'd be concerned with the big stuff.
Old 05-23-2009, 08:25 PM   #90
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T
Tag its clear your a nice guy but im going to be honest here. Bare minimum they should buy you a set of new tires for the back. You could take it farther thats up to you but least they can do. Good luck bro love your ride.
Old 05-23-2009, 08:58 PM   #91
Camarino
DrIvE iT LiKe Ya STOLE It

Drives: 2005 Mustang, '68 Camaro Z28
WOW

JUST
WOW

have read all four pages and i really can't add anything
can someone post links to all the vids so we can...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
\

Oh, and I sent stainless a message about the comments on youtube.

There are still 3 other videos that can be commented on....by anyone....if anyone wants to say positive things about their ...road tests.

I said something nice.
Old 05-23-2009, 09:03 PM   #92
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarino View Post
WOW

JUST
WOW

have read all four pages and i really can't add anything
can someone post links to all the vids so we can...
LOL, I'd love to help, but stainless banned me from posting...
Old 05-23-2009, 09:12 PM   #93
Camarino
DrIvE iT LiKe Ya STOLE It

Drives: 2005 Mustang, '68 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro_corvette View Post
LOL, I'd love to help, but stainless banned me from posting...
lol well i posted a comment on this video after stainless said:

Quote:
We would be more than happy to discuss road test procedures with you, Doug. Please give us a call @ 800-878-3635. The vehicle needs to be put through normal operating procedures that you, as the owner, will put it through. There are no leaks, no rattles, and no check engine light.
I POSTED:

Quote:
luckily considering the owner didn't have a chance to break it in yet and just wanted his exhaust put on....sooo what would've happened if after your "testng" there were some leaks, rattles, and a check engine light. ?? especially after TOM told you NOT to get on the car...

i know doug handled this already AFTER sharing his story with a bunch of us on CAMARO5.COM......

Last edited by Camarino; 05-23-2009 at 10:11 PM.
Old 05-23-2009, 09:24 PM   #94
SSmoke

Drives: 2SS IBM m6 / 04 Nissan Titan
Send a message via AIM to SSmoke Send a message via Yahoo to SSmoke
Tag I'm glad you're taking it so well because I would be pissed. I tried to post on the vid- it'll probably get denied, but had to say what I had to say.
Old 05-23-2009, 09:29 PM   #95
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Out of respect for Tag and Tom I won't say what I think about Stainless Works and their 'road test procedures'.
Old 05-23-2009, 09:33 PM   #96
2SSJIM

Drives: 2012 CRT ZL1 #1400
I would be suing the crap out of them! You have the proof!
Old 05-24-2009, 01:52 AM   #97
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt'sSS View Post
Holy crap Tag, that's about the biggest multi reply I've seen in my life!

Sorry for the TLDR post, unfortunately it seems to be my calling card...

Don't be sorry. Thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by patriotpa View Post
Tag,

It might be a good idea to post one of your fellow officers discreetly on that road for a few days. I'd hate for someone's kid to get killed because some asshole was racing up and down the street.
I like this idea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSJIM View Post
I would be suing the crap out of them! You have the proof!
Yep. The proof is in the videos.

Someone else mentioned police too.....let's see...

wrong plates on a car that is unlicensed....
racing...
reckless driving....

All class B misdemeanors in Texas....

punishable by jail time and fines.

Now....how smart are the guys posting up the videos.
Old 05-24-2009, 01:58 AM   #98
catmaster1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post

Don't be sorry. Thank you!

I like this idea.

Yep. The proof is in the videos.

Someone else mentioned police too.....let's see...

wrong plates on a car that is unlicensed....
racing...
reckless driving....

All class B misdemeanors in Texas....

punishable by jail time and fines.

Now....how smart are the guys posting up the videos.

Thats what i was saying. Pretty stupid. you dont film yourself robbing a bank then put it on the internet...Dumba$$! I guess it just means they wanted to be caught....get em!

Closed Thread