Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 05-09-2019, 02:14 PM   #15
paulsandhu

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Z View Post
I just gave ADS a quick call. It will be released in the US by end of May. MSRP will be $249.99, plus the RR module. RR MSRP is $189.99 but most places sell it for 149.99. So at full MSRP we looking at $440. At retail, with coupon codes, maybe $350.

To me, if it's all as advertised, it's worth it.
I had someone quote me $1500 CDN for full kit + radio (the screen) + install. Install seems pretty simple, but I think I may finally add a front and reverse camera.

Current Modifications:
  • Hurst Comp HardDrive Stick Kit
  • K&N Blackhawk CAI
  • Anvil Carbon Fiber Notch Spoiler
  • Ceramic Coated Satin Black Wrap
paulsandhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 10:40 AM   #16
destroyerg

Drives: Chevrolet ss
Quote:
Reading the specs on the maestro site. If your HU supports it, it will allow you to read and clear codes.

I've seen OBDII splitters, not sure if they work though
Which hu support this?

Best,
destroyerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 12:09 PM   #17
Marty Z

Drives: 2015 Bright Yellow 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyerg View Post
Which hu support this?

Best,
I only checked the Kenwood DDX9705S, but you can check yours on the maestro website
Marty Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 12:55 PM   #18
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
Quote:
...What I don't like about the PAC unit is that you can't change vehicle settings without hooking up a laptop. What I hate about the 3 current options is the sunken look. As far as quality goes, I believe that maestro products have a pretty good track record.

It's not just the PAC unit and Camaro. Manufactures across the globe believe they are Gods to be worshiped and you are not worthy of touching their electronics. There are different pieces of legislature floating around congress to make it illegal to alter vehicles, though should be years/decades before any of them pass. Meanwhile, manufactures are doing everything they can to obtain complete ownership of the aftermarket industry (not just audio).

Many (all?) of the SQ/SPL groups I'm in have moved past this fight (using/altering the OEM audio). There is simply no need to touch an OEM audio system today, even the aftermarket head units are obsolete as nothing they offer is useful. Current technology is streaming; one simply needs a HQ digital source (iPad, Zues, Tablet, etc) with a pure digital out, into a DSP and you're done. OEM speakers are gutted (replaced with resistors) or simply relocated. An aftermarket system is installed separate from the vehicle's electronics, from the alternator to speaker. The irony of it all is that it's cheaper and far more efficient. The whole idea of "lets replace the OEM HU" is dead, the technology has been available for 5 years or more.
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 01:23 PM   #19
Marty Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
It's not just the PAC unit and Camaro. Manufactures across the globe believe they are Gods to be worshiped and you are not worthy of touching their electronics. There are different pieces of legislature floating around congress to make it illegal to alter vehicles, though should be years/decades before any of them pass. Meanwhile, manufactures are doing everything they can to obtain complete ownership of the aftermarket industry (not just audio).

Many (all?) of the SQ/SPL groups I'm in have moved past this fight (using/altering the OEM audio). There is simply no need to touch an OEM audio system today, even the aftermarket head units are obsolete as nothing they offer is useful. Current technology is streaming; one simply needs a HQ digital source (iPad, Zues, Tablet, etc) with a pure digital out, into a DSP and you're done. OEM speakers are gutted (replaced with resistors) or simply relocated. An aftermarket system is installed separate from the vehicle's electronics, from the alternator to speaker. The irony of it all is that it's cheaper and far more efficient. The whole idea of "lets replace the OEM HU" is dead, the technology has been available for 5 years or more.
I whole hardheartedly disagree. Just because some people like the OEM stereo, doesn't mean everyone else does.

I don't have a backup camera, I want a backup camera. So what do I do, just give up and blame it on fate?

I still use CDs, yes CDs, those round things that double as mirrors in a pinch. So the mylink POS is out of the question for me. Believe it or not, the iphone generation has not taken over.
Old 05-15-2019, 04:51 AM   #20
Ponchonutty

Drives: 2012 SS L99 Converible
Quote:
Reading the specs on the maestro site. If your HU supports it, it will allow you to read and clear codes.

I've seen OBDII splitters, not sure if they work though
I’ve installed their other kits in other vehicles and yes, you can pull up cel codes and erase them if you use a capable headunit.
Old 05-17-2019, 02:03 PM   #21
Marty Z

Looks like soundoftristate.com already has it in stock for $199.99, and the RR is $129.99.

So at $329.98 it's no more expensive then the second version of the PAC kit with the HVAC controls included. And you don't have to buy the PAC updater either.

https://www.soundoftristate.com/idat...estro-kit-cam1
Old 05-18-2019, 12:39 AM   #22
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
This guy is going to be doing an install of one soon, it looks. Go to 11:12.

Old 05-18-2019, 07:29 AM   #23
Leo72793

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeXR View Post
This guy is going to be doing an install of one soon, it looks. Go to 11:12.

I love those guys. i drope 5 hours to meet them, fantastic place. Only thing i wish is they didnt put all those plugs underneith. Useless for me. Make it something optional, or have itpup up and hide insdie like a port glovebox.
•Speed Engineering Longtube Headers w/ Magnaflow HF Cats
•Bo White PnP Stage 2 TB
•GPI SS2 VVT Cam w Cometic thin gaskets 10.69 compression
•Xpipe w/ Res Delete and NPP Exhaust
•Tuned By Anonymous Calibrations
•Gen5DIY Mylink Conversion W/ Backup Cam
•Morel 3 way custom speakers, Infinity 860w Subwoofers in trunk baffle
•Helix P6 6ch amp w/ 8ch DSP and P1 Sub amp
Leo72793 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 01:04 PM   #24
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo72793 View Post
I love those guys. i drope 5 hours to meet them, fantastic place. Only thing i wish is they didnt put all those plugs underneith. Useless for me. Make it something optional, or have itpup up and hide insdie like a port glovebox.
The ports are truly hideous. They also appear to have saved about 10 cents by machining the exact same size and shape hole for all the ports, which makes them seem like even more of a cheap afterthought. Would have preferred they didn't make the top so button-heavy and put the climate controls back at the bottom instead of HDMI and all that excessive I/O.
Old 05-18-2019, 02:43 PM   #25
buldog13

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
I'm a little confused with the million different interfaces they make. I understand I need CAM1 and the RR interface.
If those are the only two things I buy(Plus a deck) will the following work;
Will there be options for Chimes to play through the aftermarker sterio or possible will the factory chimes still work?
I don't care about onstar but will the stock sirusxm work?
Will the steering wheel controls work?

Thanks for any help

Last edited by buldog13; 05-18-2019 at 04:58 PM.
buldog13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 04:11 AM   #26
Marty Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by buldog13 View Post
I'm a little confused with the million different interfaces they make. I understand I need CAM1 and the RR interface.
If those are the only two things I buy(Plus a deck) will the following work;
Will there be options for Chimes to play through the aftermarker sterio or possible will the factory chimes still work?
I don't care about onstar but will the stock sirusxm work?
Will the steering wheel controls work?

Thanks for any help
I believe all you need is the CAM1, the RR, and the head unit. but I personally will wait until the Five Star guys put out their install video.