Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 10-31-2010, 11:12 AM   #29
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black IOM
ACT GM Clutch Kits for 2010 Camaro

Considering there are numerous single and twin disk offerings from ACT. Could some of you share the kit part # you are using. I've attached a PDF version of the ACT clutch kit part# for convenience.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf ACT GM Clutch Kits.pdf (40.5 KB, 238 views)
Old 10-31-2010, 06:19 PM   #30
ducatisl
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 2SS 6m
Location: Fort Walton Beach...surrounded by da** pickup trucks I can't see around!
T1S-G01
Procharged F1A-94 on a 416 LSA block, Callies/Manley/Scat/Melling/Cloyes/ARP/Ferrea/Landspeed/Hi-Ram/FIC/Tick/Alky/ Strange/QA1/DSS/BMR/RPS/Tilton/GZM/Fore/AEM/ATi/JGS etc., built/tuned by me and Innovative Street Technologies
'Mo's Seemingly Endless Build Thread
ducatisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 08:23 PM   #31
2010_camaro

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
Knocking the dust off this old post. Was looking at this clutch and wanted to see if anyone else has been running this clutch. Didn't know if the slave cylinder needed changed or shimmed

https://www.instagram.com/whoopa_ss/
2010_camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 08:43 PM   #32
ducatisl
Emerald Coast Camaros

Location: Fort Walton Beach...surrounded by da** pickup trucks I can't see around!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010_camaro View Post
Knocking the dust off this old post. Was looking at this clutch and wanted to see if anyone else has been running this clutch. Didn't know if the slave cylinder needed changed or shimmed
No shims on slave. Began slipping after a couple years. Especially after I went Procharged. Now running RPS billet twin with a Tilton slave. The Tilton is pretty damn awesome to say the least.
Procharged F1A-94 on a 416 LSA block, Callies/Manley/Scat/Melling/Cloyes/ARP/Ferrea/Landspeed/Hi-Ram/FIC/Tick/Alky/ Strange/QA1/DSS/BMR/RPS/Tilton/GZM/Fore/AEM/ATi/JGS etc., built/tuned by me and Innovative Street Technologies
Old 09-05-2016, 09:54 PM   #33
2010_camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatisl View Post
No shims on slave. Began slipping after a couple years. Especially after I went Procharged. Now running RPS billet twin with a Tilton slave. The Tilton is pretty damn awesome to say the least.
You have a part number or a link to it?
Just saw the ACT clutch was in my power range. 1200hp

Old 09-06-2016, 06:02 AM   #34
ducatisl
Emerald Coast Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010_camaro View Post
You have a part number or a link to it?
Just saw the ACT clutch was in my power range. 1200hp
I ordered thru my welder/fabricator buddy Adam, at Innovative Street Technologies (you can look them up in Facebook). He ordered thru Vengeance Racing. As far as part numbers, the invoice wasn't real helpful and the box was ultimately drop shipped from Carolina Clutches, with all the individual bags of parts all put into the same larger box, as if everything was hand picked. The nice thing about ordering from my buddy is that he takes care of any problems with the order since he's local to me (I'm real pessimisstic about vendors getting anything right these days). That said, I don't think you'll have any problems at all ordering thru Vengeance as they're obviously very legit and work with these cars every day.

Tilton slave is a 6000-series. RPS is a BC2 for 5th gen. I know if you go to the Tilton website it's a little confusing, but it's probably the flat face one for T56/Magnum/TR-6060, 8.5-11 inch clutch. Vengeance includes both a remote bleeder line as well as that very important adapter tfitting o attach one of the -4an braided lines to the 5th gen master cylinder. And, of course, the instruction sheets had hand written changes to clearance values for the Tilton. It can be a little tricky measuring, but a large dial/digital caliper and a metal straight edge that can is longer than the bellhousing's width are what you need. No spacers needed, you just spin the Tilton base in/out to get your clearance.

I'm not a huge believer in these ultra expensive dollars to be spent on RPS clutches, but I'm just not ready for the 4L80 switch. That said, I was happy with the ACT when it was new and probably had a better experience with it than others.

Whatever clutch you end up with, definitely try and fit the Tilton slave (as packaged with all the lines and that unique adapter by Vengeance) into your plans. It's definitely one of those parts that will save you alot of headache and you'll keep it for as long as you keep that transmission.
Old 09-06-2016, 07:38 PM   #35
2010_camaro

That's more than I care to deal with.
I'm just looking for a drop in clutch that won't slip