Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 01-24-2014, 03:37 PM   #1
super60
Built with Pride "Oshawa"

Drives: 2011 Chev Silverado Z71 Crew
Congratulations to each of you!

Congratulations to everyone here at C5 who was able to acquire their order numbers for the 5thgen Z/28. All of us here in Oshawa take great pride in building your Camaro's, and I look forward to being a part of your Z/28 Build Team. Thank you for supporting GM & Team Chevrolet. Best Regards from Oshawa.

Mike Judge
Super60

In Memory of Dawson Ellert .
super60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 03:40 PM   #2
Slapshot

Drives: 2010 2SS
Has production started on these things yet?
Slapshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 03:48 PM   #3
Skylane765

Drives: ZL1-1LE, Z/28
Can't wait to get it. Thanks! Give us heads up when you start the Z28 build

Last edited by Skylane765; 02-01-2014 at 04:19 PM.
Skylane765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 03:56 PM   #4
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapshot View Post
Has production started on these things yet?
No. Production won't start until 2nd quarter
Old 01-24-2014, 03:59 PM   #5
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Thanks to you and everyone in Oshawa for
your efforts to build us the best beast on the road
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 04:38 PM   #6
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by super60 View Post
Congratulations to everyone here at C5 who was able to acquire their order numbers for the 5thgen Z/28. All of us here in Oshawa take great pride in building your Camaro's, and I look forward to being a part of your Z/28 Build Team. Thank you for supporting GM & Team Chevrolet. Best Regards from Oshawa.

Mike Judge
Super60
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet View Post
Thanks to you and everyone in Oshawa for
your efforts to build us the best beast on the road
Thank you guys, looking forward to diving this bad boy.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 11:42 PM   #7
350 HRSS
GM Toyz Lover

Drives: GM Toyz
Thanks Mike! Can't wait to see these in person! Looking forward to this delivery! Thanks for all the attention to details
Old 02-01-2014, 04:20 PM   #8
Skylane765

Drives: ZL1-1LE, Z/28
Thanks Mike, give us heads up when the build starts on the Z28.
Skylane765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 03:48 AM   #9
Reefblue42

Drives: '20 ZL1/'97 SS LT4
You guys are awesome...keep up the great work out there!!
Reefblue42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 12:58 PM   #10
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Thanks, Super! Hope to see you @ BBOMG 6...
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 09:17 PM   #11
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
,,,true that. It will be short work for you guys no doubdt, so take the extra time to do it right. It's a special ride.
Old 02-10-2014, 12:56 PM   #12
brt3
Runs with scissors...

Drives: '14 Z/28s SIM/SW
Quote:
Originally Posted by super60 View Post

Mike Judge
Super60
Hi Mike,

Please give my regards to the team there. I just rec'd final confirmation from my dealer on my 2014 Z/28 and can't wait to get it on the track!

I'm not saying this next bit as a brag; I only mention it to give you guys some kudos and to let you know how much many of us appreciate your work. I've driven over 1,000 miles on the Nordschleife during 5-6 days of track events over the past two years. I've been driving a C63 AMG Black Series for track day events here in CA, and actually got to drive one of these on the Ring during one of my track events there.

Shortly after the Z/28 was announced, I put my AMG on the market and sold it. I was getting extremely tired of dealing with Mercedes; though the car itself was bulletproof on-track and an absolute blast to drive, I had a number of issues with the car and got tired of dealing with MBUSA -- who don't seem to care much about their customers.

The Z/28 was love at first glance (or, more accurately, first read). I was already working out the details of building a track-day car that was based on either a Camaro (first choice) or Mustang. Essentially, I wanted something like a streetable 302S, so that I could drive to track events and avoid the truck and trailer. The Z/28 is nearly perfect in every regard and probably better -- since my own build would not have had access to the Multimatic suspension and CC brakes.

As soon as I get my Z/28 it will be broken in carefully, then put into circulation at Laguna Seca, Sears Point/Infineon/Sonoma Raceway, and Thunderhill. Though it will rule my garage, it will most definitely NOT be a Garage Queen. Looks like my Christmas is going to come sometime in early May this year, and 2014 is going to be a GREAT season on-track!

PS: Is there any chance of getting the autographs of the build team, inside the trunk lid, for example -- or someplace else that works?
Old 02-10-2014, 01:01 PM   #13
Mikebrinda

Drives: Ferrari F430 Spider F1 Azzurro Arge
Quote:
Originally Posted by brt3 View Post
Hi Mike,

Please give my regards to the team there. I just rec'd final confirmation from my dealer on my 2014 Z/28 and can't wait to get it on the track!

I'm not saying this next bit as a brag; I only mention it to give you guys some kudos and to let you know how much many of us appreciate your work. I've driven over 1,000 miles on the Nordschleife during 5-6 days of track events over the past two years. I've been driving a C63 AMG Black Series for track day events here in CA, and actually got to drive one of these on the Ring during one of my track events there.

Shortly after the Z/28 was announced, I put my AMG on the market and sold it. I was getting extremely tired of dealing with Mercedes; though the car itself was bulletproof on-track and an absolute blast to drive, I had a number of issues with the car and got tired of dealing with MBUSA -- who don't seem to care much about their customers.

The Z/28 was love at first glance (or, more accurately, first read). I was already working out the details of building a track-day car that was based on either a Camaro (first choice) or Mustang. Essentially, I wanted something like a streetable 302S, so that I could drive to track events and avoid the truck and trailer. The Z/28 is nearly perfect in every regard and probably better -- since my own build would not have had access to the Multimatic suspension and CC brakes.

As soon as I get my Z/28 it will be broken in carefully, then put into circulation at Laguna Seca, Sears Point/Infineon/Sonoma Raceway, and Thunderhill. Though it will rule my garage, it will most definitely NOT be a Garage Queen. Looks like my Christmas is going to come sometime in early May this year, and 2014 is going to be a GREAT season on-track!

PS: Is there any chance of getting the autographs of the build team, inside the trunk lid, for example -- or someplace else that works?
Ditto the above thanks. And if anyone at the factory reads this, they can sign the 2014 Z/28 headed to me through Connell Chevrolet!
Mikebrinda is offline   Reply With Quote