Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 07-19-2018, 12:38 PM   #1
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS CV CE
Question Car You Wish That You Never Sold

I was reminded by a recent post of the 1975 Monte Carlo that I used to own 20+ years ago. It was black with the front clip & top of the engine chromed. There was a kid working at the corner gas station where I'd fill it up, who would always say to me, "I'm going to buy your car from you." Of course, I'd simply laugh it off.
Then one day, he said that he saved enough money & made an offer for the car that I couldn't refuse - I've forgotten the amount now.
I sold the car to him, but about three months later, I received a notice in the mail that the car had accumulated an exorbitant amount of impound fees & was about to be auctioned. The kid never changed the ownership & it was impounded less than a month after I sold it to him. Had I known it would happen, regardless of the dollar amount, I wouldn't have sold it. Anyway, the following video is similar to it:

What car do you wish that you didn't get rid of & the story behind it?

Old 07-19-2018, 12:59 PM   #2
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
This was by far my favorite car that I've owned. I ordered this car new in 2002. Sunset Orange Metallic, 6 speed, Camel Leather, Hurst Shifter and 12 disc CD player options. Put the TT2s on right after I bough it because I did not like the newly redesigned wheels on the WS6.

I drove this one about a year and had to sell it due to life changes and needing to unload some debt. Sold it to a dealer in Dallas(Sewell). I ended up working for Sewell around 4 years later and decided to try and track down my car. I discovered through dealership records that the buyer of the car had an accident in it and the repair bill was over $13k. I was heartbroken. I actually ended up finding it on Ebay about 6 months after this but I just couldn't bring myself to buy it because I knew the extent of the damage that had been done. Now, I wish I would have bought it anyway.

GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 01:24 PM   #3
mr_honez
Wifey Lover

Drives: 2013 Crystal Red 2LT/RS
Mine is a 1982 Sandstone Beige Olds 98 Regency Brougham. I was the first car the wife and I bought together in 1990. Bought it used from Honda dealer that was *just* traded in. It was absolutely immaculate and was a dream buy for us back then. Drove the wheels off her and put over 200K on that car, and never had any issues with her ever. Turned like the Queen Mary, drank gas like nothing else I've ever owned, (Including a 1999 Expedition w/a 5.4L Triton) and built like a tank. But she had acres of space inside to sit in and sprawl out during long trips, and rode like you were sitting on a cloud. Her trunk was absolutely massive as well, and will say it could carry as much as my Camaro and the wife's 2013 Fusion combined. Steering wasn't sharp at all but she wasn't designed for track use so that was all part of the appeal. We sold her in the late 2000's after we got a Ford Contour(!), and we have regretted that decision ever since.
Attached Images

Old 07-19-2018, 01:37 PM   #4
steakmaker

Drives: '10 Camaro SS,Jeep Commander Hemi
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXSSCE View Post
I was reminded by a recent post of the 1975 Monte Carlo that I used to own 20+ years ago. It was black with the front clip & top of the engine chromed. There was a kid working at the corner gas station where I'd fill it up, who would always say to me, "I'm going to buy your car from you." Of course, I'd simply laugh it off.
Then one day, he said that he saved enough money & made an offer for the car that I couldn't refuse - I've forgotten the amount now.
I sold the car to him, but about three months later, I received a notice in the mail that the car had accumulated an exorbitant amount of impound fees & was about to be auctioned. The kid never changed the ownership & it was impounded less than a month after I sold it to him. Had I known it would happen, regardless of the dollar amount, I wouldn't have sold it. Anyway, the following video is similar to it:

What car do you wish that you didn't get rid of & the story behind it?

Mine was a car I had in high school,worked three jobs in the summer to buy a 1968 Dodge Coronet R/T, 440/375hp,I bought it in 1969,traded it in and got married in 1970 went into the Army,never saw it again.Yellow automatic on the floor w/console,black interior,buckets with headrests,not all Mopar buckets in '68 had headrests,mine did.Yellow,no stripes,red striped Firestone Wide Oval F-70-14 tires.If you have a Yellow R/T,check under the dash by the steering wheel for a hole the size of a nickel,that's where I mounted the knob for a Motorola Reverb,the rest of it was under the rear shelf.Also engine was a turquoise 440,front right fender either replaced or bondo on it,someone hit me the day before I traded it in. I won't bore you any longer,you get the idea,I still miss it,but I've got some fantastic memories of the summer of '69 !
steakmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 01:54 PM   #5
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steakmaker View Post
Mine was a car I had in high school,worked three jobs in the summer to buy a 1968 Dodge Coronet R/T, 440/375hp,I bought it in 1969,traded it in and got married in 1970 went into the Army,never saw it again.Yellow automatic on the floor w/console,black interior,buckets with headrests,not all Mopar buckets in '68 had headrests,mine did.Yellow,no stripes,red striped Firestone Wide Oval F-70-14 tires.If you have a Yellow R/T,check under the dash by the steering wheel for a hole the size of a nickel,that's where I mounted the knob for a Motorola Reverb,the rest of it was under the rear shelf.Also engine was a turquoise 440,front right fender either replaced or bondo on it,someone hit me the day before I traded it in. I won't bore you any longer,you get the idea,I still miss it,but I've got some fantastic memories of the summer of '69 !
You know what they say about the '60's, "If you can remember them, then you weren't there."
Old 07-19-2018, 01:54 PM   #6
COPO_Chevy

Drives: 2015 Malibu 1LT; '87 Grand Prix LE
Send a message via MSN to COPO_Chevy
My first car was a 1969 Buick LeSabre 400 2 door sports coupe. Loved that car, bought it in high school around 2005 or 2006 as a project car. Was too rotted out from the Wisconsin winters, but I was young and fell in love with it and buicks around that time after owning it. Miss it tremendously, and thinking of getting either another, or a classic buick. Have a 1987 Pontiac Grand Prix L.E. at the moment as my fun project car, but it's not the same... Want me a classic buick. I regret selling a few cars, but selling my '69 was my worst regret.
COPO_Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 01:55 PM   #7
bigd1276
2017 HyperBlue 2SS

Drives: 2017 HyperBlue Camaro 2SS
1989 IROC-Z. T-Tops, 5.7 Ltr. The only picture I have left of her. Bought her brand new in 1989, traded her away in 1992...….
Attached Images

2010 IBM 2LT RS......Traded for.....
2012 IBM 2SS RS......Traded for.....
2017 HBM 2SS
bigd1276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 02:54 PM   #8
ChibiBlackSheep

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS, 1968 SS
I also miss my 4th Gen... I sold it to a buddy to put extra money down on my 2013. It was quite the rare little Bright Purple Metallic with T-Tops.

10 months after I sold it, it was totaled out from a drunk driver hitting it while it was parked. :(

ChibiBlackSheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 02:59 PM   #9
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep View Post
I also miss my 4th Gen... I sold it to a buddy to put extra money down on my 2013. It was quite the rare little Bright Purple Metallic with T-Tops.

10 months after I sold it, it was totaled out from a drunk driver hitting it while it was parked. :(
I realize it's a different generation, but a purple IROC-Z makes me tingly all over.
Attached Images

Old 07-19-2018, 03:00 PM   #10
chuckie669

Drives: 2011 ss
Mine was also my 4th gen t/a. That car had style unlike any other. I still remember the commercials Pontiac put out in 98 where the ta eats the car in front of him at the light
chuckie669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 03:02 PM   #11
ChibiBlackSheep

Quote:
I realize it's a different generation, but a purple IROC-Z makes me tingly all over.
Purple is by far my favorite color. I really wish there were options in purple for us now. I've heard BRM comes close, and I almost pulled the trigger on a 2013 BRM SS, but I still haven't seen the color in person.
Attached Images

Old 07-19-2018, 03:16 PM   #12
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckie669 View Post
Mine was also my 4th gen t/a. That car had style unlike any other. I still remember the commercials Pontiac put out in 98 where the ta eats the car in front of him at the light
Old 07-19-2018, 03:20 PM   #13
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep View Post
Purple is by far my favorite color. I really wish there were options in purple for us now. I've heard BRM comes close, and I almost pulled the trigger on a 2013 BRM SS, but I still haven't seen the color in person.
It's deep blue, not purple at all.

OFFICIAL BLUE RAY METALLIC (GXH)
Old 07-19-2018, 03:27 PM   #14
ChibiBlackSheep

Quote:
It's deep blue, not purple at all.
I just heard it has a slight purple hue in the sunlight. Like I said, never saw one in person. Also, never got a chance to buy the one I tried to see last weekend. It sold the night before I was able to go look at it.