Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 05-17-2013, 08:25 AM   #1
LRod

Drives: 2SS/RS/A6 Victory Red
Mounting RGB scanner under hood...help

Hey guys. I used to have the scanner (two strips) mounted on the side of the engine bay to light it up for car shows. Since I put in the CAI cold air intake, I had remove and now I want to relocate to the top and the bottom area of the engine bay, but the double sided 3M tape is not holding. One reason is because one side of the scanner is arched some....so it keeps popping off. What else can be used to keep this in place and withstand the heat? Like I said...I tried 3M, I tried industrial strength velcro. I want to make sure it is secure really good so that it don't fall off and get wrapped up in the engine bay when driving. Appreciate the help!
Old 05-17-2013, 09:44 AM   #2
Jerry7297

Drives: 2018 2SS/ 1LE
Go to Home depot and purchase the stuff in the link below. I do not endorse the website. That is just what had the best pic when i googled the tape. I have used it on all kinds of stuff.

Just roll out a piece and stick your scanner on top of it and cut off the access. Then remove the other side and stick it in you engine bay. Good luck

http://www.restockit.com/exterior-we...ar10=googlepla
Jerry7297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 10:02 AM   #3
LRod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry7297 View Post
Go to Home depot and purchase the stuff in the link below. I do not endorse the website. That is just what had the best pic when i googled the tape. I have used it on all kinds of stuff.

Just roll out a piece and stick your scanner on top of it and cut off the access. Then remove the other side and stick it in you engine bay. Good luck

http://www.restockit.com/exterior-we...ar10=googlepla
Thanks for the feedback! Will definately check it out!
Old 05-19-2013, 05:17 AM   #4
LRod

The top part of the engine bay's scanner bar keeps coming off still. I think its because the bay area is a little curved. Maybe I should just go with the led strips then. Just wanted to utilize this scanner so it doesn't go to waste.