Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > Gaming Lounge

Old 08-03-2014, 04:49 PM   #1499
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMoach View Post
So basicly you're paying $40 for the year to get a demo/trial of a game a week early?

And unless buy 5 or 6 EA games in a year you're not getting that $40 back in discounts to just break even on paying the subscription and what the game would have normally cost.
Um yea that is not right. You pay 30 dollars for the year or 5 dollars a month if you choose to do it monthly. Those 30 dollars or 5 monthly give you access to the EA "Vault", in their they will have full games for you to download and play as long as your subscription is active. It's generally a good deal for games that come out once a year like Battlefield and the sports games.
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 04:49 PM   #1500
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Some EA titles

NFL series
NHL series
NBA series
NFS series
Dragon Age
Battlefield series(hardline next year)
Burnout
Mirrors Edge
Mass Effect
Crysis
Titanfall
PVZ
Tiger woods
EA Sports Big series
Medal of Honor series
Old 08-03-2014, 05:37 PM   #1501
MikeMoach

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
if i'm not mistaken, you get all the EA games, for $30 a year. Not sure where you're getting $40 from. Just right now, there's only 4 games available. and when the new games come out, you get the game a few days before everyone. You just don't buy the game. unless you really enjoy it, and then you can purchase it at the 10% discount, and your saved game will carry over. I think the only reason to buy a game, is if you don't plan on keeping the subscription, so you don't lose all your content.
Quote:
Originally Posted by menendez1293 View Post
Um yea that is not right. You pay 30 dollars for the year or 5 dollars a month if you choose to do it monthly. Those 30 dollars or 5 monthly give you access to the EA "Vault", in their they will have full games for you to download and play as long as your subscription is active. It's generally a good deal for games that come out once a year like Battlefield and the sports games.
Sorry hit 4 instead of 3

But you're not getting the full game with the subscription right? I would think it's like a trial, 1st chapter or 1st hour of the game or something.

Just saying that though it's nice to play a game a week before it comes out to see if I want to buy it, I don't think it's worth the money cause one a good chunk of the yearly games they put out don't change much.

Yea dragon age and others are an exception to that but games like that would normally have a demo, now since this is coming out I doubt they will put out demos so you would have to pay the subscription to them to try out the new games
MikeMoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 05:58 PM   #1502
Burn Notice24

Drives: 2012 Camaro Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyg36 View Post
Send me a PM of what you want to get for it. I may have a buyer for you.
PM sent.
Burn Notice24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 06:30 PM   #1503
PoorMansCamaro

Quote:
Sorry hit 4 instead of 3

But you're not getting the full game with the subscription right? I would think it's like a trial, 1st chapter or 1st hour of the game or something.

Just saying that though it's nice to play a game a week before it comes out to see if I want to buy it, I don't think it's worth the money cause one a good chunk of the yearly games they put out don't change much.

Yea dragon age and others are an exception to that but games like that would normally have a demo, now since this is coming out I doubt they will put out demos so you would have to pay the subscription to them to try out the new games
it's the full game. think of it like Netflix for games.
Old 08-03-2014, 07:00 PM   #1504
MikeMoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
it's the full game. think of it like Netflix for games.
Thats horrible for business that can't be right. $30 a year to play there entire game library?

They would never sell another game ever again.
Old 08-03-2014, 09:18 PM   #1505
PoorMansCamaro

It's only for xbox. Other platforms will have to buy the game.
Old 08-03-2014, 09:19 PM   #1506
PoorMansCamaro

XBoxOne Discussion - New XBox Console

And I'm not certain it's for every game. I just listed the possibility of those games
Old 08-03-2014, 09:23 PM   #1507
PoorMansCamaro

I think it's a good start to go all digital. Will save EA money since they don't have to put the game on a disk. It will also help them expand on games without being limited on disk space.
Old 08-03-2014, 09:41 PM   #1508
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Sorry hit 4 instead of 3

No, it is for the full copy of the game. EA hasn't directly stated if all games will reach their vault and nor have they said if they will be their directly after the games launch. They have reported that being in the service you will have at least a 5 day early access to titles before they launch. The time frame for the early access will vary on a title per title bases but after you play your progress will be saved and transferable to the actual game once you purchase.

Depending on the titles they add and when they add them, this could be a great service for XB1 owners. Now if titles only hit the "EA Vault" months after their initial release then it might just be a waste cause most will have already bought the game.
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 10:22 PM   #1509
PoorMansCamaro

I just know it'll be a bargain for me, since I'll be all over madden. Lol
Old 08-03-2014, 11:01 PM   #1510
MikeMoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by menendez1293 View Post
No, it is for the full copy of the game. EA hasn't directly stated if all games will reach their vault and nor have they said if they will be their directly after the games launch. They have reported that being in the service you will have at least a 5 day early access to titles before they launch. The time frame for the early access will vary on a title per title bases but after you play your progress will be saved and transferable to the actual game once you purchase.

Depending on the titles they add and when they add them, this could be a great service for XB1 owners. Now if titles only hit the "EA Vault" months after their initial release then it might just be a waste cause most will have already bought the game.
Ok this is making more sense to me.

This sounds more like like what playstation now is like, it's a back log of older titles to play at your leisure with a rental/subscription. Just this throws in the pre release "trial"

So could be days after a game releases you can play it or months or years. Am I on the same page as you now? Feel like I'm still not getting it all here.
Old 08-03-2014, 11:04 PM   #1511
MikeMoach

Personally see it as impossible that EA would let someone pay this $30 subscription and get say nhl 15 play the full game then a month later have nfl 15 full game as well.

Thats just giving games away and EA is not going to lose money by no means
Old 08-04-2014, 07:38 AM   #1512
irocnroll

Drives: '91 RS Vert, '11 Grand Cherokee
Quote:
So basicly you're paying $40 for the year to get a demo/trial of a game a week early?

And unless buy 5 or 6 EA games in a year you're not getting that $40 back in discounts to just break even on paying the subscription and what the game would have normally cost.
No you get the full version of the games. Its not ever EA game. Right now you only get BF4, Fifa, Madden and Peggle 2. But the collection will open up later. Personally I think its worth while, especially if you are the type of person who buys a game, beats it in a few months and then trades it in or sells it, or even never plays it again. As long as you keep the subscription running you have full access to whatever games are in EA's vault. Plus all of your progress is saved if you decided to cancel the sub and purchase the game disc.
irocnroll is offline   Reply With Quote