Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 03:42 PM   #99
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by z28racer View Post
Wow ! Are you saying we do not have real Jobs?????
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowSStopper View Post
To me, this is how it came across.

No ... what he was saying is that moderating this site is not a real job, compared to what we all do to pay the bills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSBlack View Post
The reason given as to why these threads keep getting moved doesn't hold water.

Scan the General Discussion, the "main" section and there are threads about warranty......not moved.........tire store issue.......not moved.........bolt-ons.........not moved.

I don't think I'd ever been in this section before today. It's sweeping it under the rug......if it quacks, It's probably a duck.
There are countless threads that slip by, we can't watch the site continuously for new threads to be made in the wrong place. But if we see a thread that should be moved, we will move it to its proper place. There is a grey zone where some threads might cover multiple topics, but asking the site staff why specific actions were taken regarding other threads? That definitely belongs in Site Related Questions.

Anyways, since you mentioned that there are a bunch of threads that should be moved in 5th gen general, and since I've got the day off (Canadian Thanksgiving), I'll get over there & clean things up a bit. In the future, if you see a thread thats out of place report it & we won't have to wait for a conspiracy-theory based complaint to act upon it.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 10-08-2012, 03:42 PM   #100
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
When you see those threads, or any thread that appears to be in the wrong section please report it. You can report threads by pressing this link:

We (the mods) can't read every new thread that pops up, that'd just be impossible. We do what we can, when you guys report posts/threads/PMs etc it makes our lives 100x easier. So again, if you see a thread that's in the wrong section please report it.

Now that I'm a moderator on a different forum, I can fully back up how much this helps.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:43 PM   #101
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSBlack View Post
The reason given as to why these threads keep getting moved doesn't hold water.

Scan the General Discussion, the "main" section and there are threads about warranty......not moved.........tire store issue.......not moved.........bolt-ons.........not moved.

I don't think I'd ever been in this section before today. It's sweeping it under the rug......if it quacks, It's probably a duck.
I left a few hours redirect on it so people could easily find where it went. If I swept it under the rug then I did a lousy job at it. Sorry that I missed the other threads. I'll get to them soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post

I didn't know plastic rusts.

Plastic? Nope....

Old 10-08-2012, 03:54 PM   #102
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
I left a few hours redirect on it so people could easily find where it went. If I swept it under the rug then I did a lousy job at it. Sorry that I missed the other threads. I'll get to them soon.

Plastic? Nope....

... Well then... Ummm..
Old 10-08-2012, 03:56 PM   #103
Switchin2Chevy

Drives: Currently 2015 Mustang GT manual.
Just like other's have mentioned, I'm glad that the OP's issue is making the rounds and getting the attention it deserves. I hope they can get it resolved the way they want it to be resolved.
Old 10-08-2012, 04:03 PM   #104
Switchin2Chevy

I put this on the other thread before it closed so it couldn't get answered but maybe someone knows the answer... "Just wondering... has anyone mentioned passing this along to law enforcement? With these techs "joyriding" and doing donuts under the guise of diagnosing a problem, weren't there some sort of laws broken..??"
Old 10-08-2012, 04:05 PM   #105
2010SS2SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 2SS
There were NO laws broken! Dealership employees routinely "test drive" customers cars.
What would they arrest them for "illegal burn out"? On audio tape it could have been the car next to them, how would they know?
Old 10-08-2012, 04:14 PM   #106
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SS2SS View Post
There were NO laws broken! Dealership employees routinely "test drive" customers cars.
What would they arrest them for "illegal burn out"? On audio tape it could have been the car next to them, how would they know?
really? did you listen to the whole thing? the tech basically admits HE burned up the clutch and then states a plan to defraud the customer AND GM by double dipping and getting the pressure plate covered under warranty and the customer to pay for the clutch and having them billed under separate work orders..
Old 10-08-2012, 04:31 PM   #107
Switchin2Chevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. iNCREDIBLE View Post
really? did you listen to the whole thing? the tech basically admits HE burned up the clutch and then states a plan to defraud the customer AND GM by double dipping and getting the pressure plate covered under warranty and the customer to pay for the clutch and having them billed under separate work orders..
thank you...
Old 10-08-2012, 04:32 PM   #108
Infinite-T

Drives: 2011 1LT RS RJT
Quote:
In most states burnouts and doughnuts could be charged as reckless operation, failure to control vehicle, excessive show of acceleration, and many more. ( I was in law enforcement for 7 years before an injury forced career change)

Yes, I suppose the recorded sounds of engine revs and squealing tires could have been from something else except for the fact that the occupants were recorded discussing the execution of the maneuvers as they were being recorded.

For those that remember what the OP was about and care for an update, he posted an extended version of the recording on his YouTube channel ( Even more disturbing and showing absolute disrespect of the customer and his car) as well as an update that he heard from Chevy Customer Service who is now "investigating the situation"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
If you'd rather drive a civic that eats your soul than a camaro that eats your wallet then thats your choice.
Old 10-08-2012, 04:41 PM   #109
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
The bad thing with this site is there is NO unity! Too many know it alls and way too many people that if they don't like what you have to say, just wanna be assholes.
This thread shouldn't have been locked it should have been left open to support the OP.
Sorry if the Mod's don't like this but one of their own stepped on toes by posting some information that shouldn't have been posted.
I honestly don't care any longer, I've been member of this site since I purchase my car in 09 and am tired of the "dealerships are evil" and "ohh my god they did that? SUE them" posts Everyone here races everyone here has road raced, if you haven't your LIE'N but yet theres not threads allowed?? LOL! you guys have fun with the site and feel free to look me up on a REAL car site like www.houstonperformancedriving.com
You say the thread shouldn't be locked so we can support the OP,

...then you say the Mod shouldn't help and support the OP by posting Facebook info.

Quote:
Now you say the OP doesn't even have a legal case.

I'm thinking you enjoy the drama and are just playing both sides here. JMHO
Old 10-08-2012, 04:55 PM   #110
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Wow..... Just thought I would post before somebody locked this one too
Old 10-08-2012, 05:08 PM   #111
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite-T View Post
In most states burnouts and doughnuts could be charged as reckless operation, failure to control vehicle, excessive show of acceleration, and many more. ( I was in law enforcement for 7 years before an injury forced career change)

Yes, I suppose the recorded sounds of engine revs and squealing tires could have been from something else except for the fact that the occupants were recorded discussing the execution of the maneuvers as they were being recorded.

For those that remember what the OP was about and care for an update, he posted an extended version of the recording on his YouTube channel ( Even more disturbing and showing absolute disrespect of the customer and his car) as well as an update that he heard from Chevy Customer Service who is now "investigating the situation"

Here's the new/updated youtube video - it's bad. Like really really bad.

Old 10-08-2012, 05:19 PM   #112
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
I think we all need to put recorders in our cars from now on when going to the dealership for service. I know I will.

Closed Thread