Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 09-20-2018, 08:43 PM   #1
0-120

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS LS3
Camaro Owners Do Use Public Transportation

Saw this lovely ZL1 this evening after I got off the rail. I wonder how many of us do use public transportation...
Attached Images

Old 09-21-2018, 01:40 AM   #2
rocknroll_jeph

Drives: 11 Camaro V6 RS, 03 BMW Z4
That is an interesting conversation I have had with some of my friends. I live in a huge city with very good, fast and cheap public transportation. When I was in college I took public transportation to go everywhere and just about everyday. However, since I bought my first car 11 years ago I haven't been back on a bus, I have only been on the subway once and in a cab 2-3 times. When I bought my Camaro in 2013 I even stopped riding my Ducati.

The reason why I don't is because as good and cheap that public transportation is, I would rather drive myself or have a couple of friends with me along for the ride. I like to be in control, if I stay out late I don't want to have to find a cab and often I am taking a lot of stuff along with me, a guitar or amp for example that would be impossible to take along otherwise.

When I was young and had a head full of ideas I was so against the private car owners, but now that I'm older I realize that there is a reason to have a car that is more than just a status symbol.
rocknroll_jeph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 06:43 AM   #3
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
I live in BFE so the last time I used public transportation was in Tokyo in 1997.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 07:41 AM   #4
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
There was a period in my life when I was living in Seattle (Capital Hill), and could take a single bus downtown where I worked. I didn't have a car at the time. I remained bus-bound for about 6 years. By then I was living in Greenlake (north of Seattle) and having to take 3 transfers to get to Kent (south of Seattle), taking about 1-1/2 hours each way...I finally got a car again.

Since then, I've always had a car to commute and prefer it that way. One of the reasons I got a car again was because I had to travel to Portland regularly to support offices there and elsewhere for remote terminals on the mainframe I ran. I could not have done that job if I didn't have a car.

My current job is a 2 minute walk from where I live (right next to the business). I still have my car, and use it for weekend driving and errands. Where I put 57000 miles on the car in a little over a year, I've put 1000 miles on it in the last 3 months.
Old 09-21-2018, 08:25 AM   #5
Jay_LHD3

Drives: 2019 F150 RCSB Abyss FX4
Even though I had a car I rode the buses in Ames, IA to get to classes and downtown. Most University towns seem to have a good public transportation system.

Plus, for the ZL1 parking. I do the same when the opportunity presents itself!
Jay_LHD3 is offline   Reply With Quote