Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 10-22-2019, 11:13 AM   #29
Silver02ws6

Drives: 2013 2ss 1LE HCH - 500WHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
I have a short list of upgrades when the clutch gets replaced. I'll add the Tick Master Cylinder to it.

As for the demeanor of the 6060 I think much of the complaints come from people who previously drove import vehicles which at least give the impression of being more refined. I learned how to drive on an old Datsun pick up but would regularly drive an old Chevelle and C3 both with Muncie 4 speeds in them. There's a definite difference in feel. Then I went 20 years or so driving autos like a schmuck when I got my 1LE there was a learning curve but I realized early on that this trans liked to be manhandled, like I said gorilla mode.

I 100% agree there's room for improvement and some of the mods do help. I found acceptable improvement with the separate reservoir and the fluid change but when I do the twin disc and throw out bearing I'll also do the extra tail shaft bearing, an MGW shifter, the Tick bleeder and Master. I'll also probably run the Tremec MTF.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Cant remember specifics but believe the tick has pretty varied reviews for the 5th gen leaning towards negative. Would research that pretty heavy to make sure you do it once!
Silver02ws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 11:58 AM   #30
608RS

Drives: 2015 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver02ws6 View Post
Cant remember specifics but believe the tick has pretty varied reviews for the 5th gen leaning towards negative. Would research that pretty heavy to make sure you do it once!
if you're referring to the Tick Master Cylinder replacement, i can vouch for this part and say it has fixed my issues with my clutch pedal losing pressure during high-RPM shifting. although the original poster here seems to have more serious issues than just what i had.

2015 Camaro 2ss, NicKey Performance built/tuned
608RS is offline   Reply With Quote