Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-08-2018, 09:31 PM   #15
gsxrturbo

Drives: 2010 ss
I hit one on a sport bike doing 160 and the bird came threw the headlight and made a mess.
gsxrturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 09:34 PM   #16
StreetRage320
Those who need me got me

Drives: 2022 ZL1 A10
not a Camaro story...but I was in my Silverado doing 80 mph @ 1:30 a.m. with the windows down to help keep my alert/awake. I went under an overpass and a giant freaking owl must have been underneath it or something and swooped down at my truck. Hit him head on, feathers EVERYWHERE insdie and out.
Old 08-08-2018, 09:58 PM   #17
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetRage320 View Post
not a Camaro story...but I was in my Silverado doing 80 mph @ 1:30 a.m. with the windows down to help keep my alert/awake. I went under an overpass and a giant freaking owl must have been underneath it or something and swooped down at my truck. Hit him head on, feathers EVERYWHERE insdie and out.

Good thing it didn't hit the windshield.

When I was a kid my grandfather hit a bird when we were ripping through Kansas. Upper right windshield. Smashed the shit out of it. We had to stop and have it repaired before we could continue. It was probably a crow. An owl would be worse, I'm sure.
Old 08-08-2018, 10:13 PM   #18
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Out in eastern Nevada there is some loco bird that plays chicken with you on the highway. That, or they are just suicidal, because many end up like the OP's.
Old 08-09-2018, 12:48 PM   #19
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Let's see what I've hit;

a Wild Turkey - it's head came through the Windshield

3 Vultures at once - they just bounced off the hood - no damage

a Alligator - bent a steering arm

a million Squirrels - I hate those varmints and one of my neighbors is the Squirrel rescue Lady!

a couple of Foxes - they are stupid, they look at you spin around a couple of times, then get hit

between Tampa & Sarasota, they have these crazy half-breed cat-squirrels that stand-up on their hind legs to look at the car that's going to hit them. Then it's like John Daly took out his Driver and BOOM!
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 01:04 PM   #20
farm rat

Drives: 2011 Vistory Red 1LS
I had a turkey that almost came through an open passenger window. I had a hawk take off with a rabbit and I hit the rabbit. Clipped the talons of a Bald Eagle with the roof.

None of these in the camaro though.

2011 1LS M6 Victory Red

Sold
1967 Coupe Green and White
1969 SS 396 Hugger Orange
1969 Z/28 All original White with deluxe interior
1970 RS Blue
1978 Coupe Fugly Green
1978 WS-6 Trans-Am Factory 4 speed
1985 IROC-Z Red
farm rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 01:34 PM   #21
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
Let's see what I've hit;

a million Squirrels - I hate those varmints and one of my neighbors is the Squirrel rescue Lady!

a couple of Foxes - they are stupid, they look at you spin around a couple of times, then get hit

between Tampa & Sarasota, they have these crazy half-breed cat-squirrels that stand-up on their hind legs to look at the car that's going to hit them. Then it's like John Daly took out his Driver and BOOM!
Damn. That is almost an entire zoo. Other than bugs, I have not hit any animal of significant size.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 03:52 PM   #22
SSGraybeard

Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6
Haven't hit anything in the Camaro, but...

I was in my low profile BB jet boat on a glassy smooth lake around dusk going wot (probably 80 mph) a 12" trout jumped out of the water to catch a bug, he caught enough air that he hit me square in the face. Felt like someone had cold cocked me! Got back to camp all bloody & everyones asking what happened? I reach in & grab mr trout haha. Yes we ate him that night, tasty!
K & N CAI, Vmax PTB, Moroso CC, MSD Blaster Coils/8.5 MSD Plug Wires, Kooks LTH W/ HF Cats, Custom exhaust system W/ Noweeds Cutouts, Upgrade bushing kit for Hurst shifter, Hurst Line Lock, DSS Stage 4 Axles, DSS one piece CF Drive Shaft, Custom Built 1000 HP Clutch, BMR Drag Package/Toe Rods/Coil Over Conversion etc., BMR Extreme rear sway bar, BMR Sub frame connectors, BMR trans tunnel brace, BMR DS safety loop, Nitrous Outlet wet system W/100 shot, Nitto 315 DR's for strip, 315's for dd, Dyno tuned at 406rwhp/407rwtq N/A, 561/569 on Nitrous.
SSGraybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 05:43 PM   #23
orange devil
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 SS 2019 mustang GT
Been lucky not to hit anything in the camaro..but mustang..not so lucky:/ picture of last victim
Attached Images

orange devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 08:20 PM   #24
Gordy87

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Well..... Not really a "going to fast when" but still pisses me off..

Just in the past 1.5 months, I've hit 4 squirrels, 1 possum, 1 rabbit (swear it had to weigh 75lbs), and 1 deer.

All this after freshly painted and installed ACS composite splitter, side skirts, and rear extensions.
Really thinking about giving up on driving for rest of the summer.
Gordy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 01:18 PM   #25
AieaboyHI

Drives: 2011 IBM 1LT RS
When the cop tells you that you were going so fast that I have the option of arresting you and impounding your car for a month.
AieaboyHI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 01:43 PM   #26
SynergyGreenSS

Drives: 2011 2SS
I can’t tell you why but so far I’ve hit five birds in my camaro. I actually just hit one yesterday and it pushed my grill out of my bumper..
LSA Supercharger, BTR Stage 3 PDS Cam, Yank 3200SS, Weapon X Stage 2 intake, LSA Heads, Flex Fuel, Ported throttle body, Speed Engineering Headers, NOWEEDS, ZL1 fuel pump, DSX AUX Pump, ID-1050X injectors, 3” pipe to NPP mufflers, 3.91 gears
SynergyGreenSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 04:45 PM   #27
MiniBig

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #398
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFred View Post
I ran over a goose. My silly neighbors were feeding them and the droppings were everywhere. I thought I would scare them, but one didn't run fast enough.

I got a garbage bag and a shovel and scooped it up.
The good part, the neighbors quit feeding those filthy things!
Good neighbors are very hard to come by.
MiniBig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 04:52 PM   #28
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
Let's see what I've hit;

Man... lol, you don't **** with squirrels;

Spec is offline   Reply With Quote