Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 11-02-2010, 01:04 PM   #29
Tiberious
Old '71 Owner

Drives: 11 Camaro Vert;97 Malibu;03 Venture
Scotty, could this oddly colored picture of IBM havebeen mistaken for the new blue you heard tell of? Maybe no new blue after all?
Tiberious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 04:25 PM   #30
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
I am sorry but I have never liked this style of wheel. It started as a 20" wheel on the SLP cars and some of last years SEMA models. Now they have bumped it to a 21" wheel with a larger spoke. The spoke design simply does not go with the svelte design of this magnificent car. It makes it look like a wagon wheel on a beautiful contemporary design. It just does not flow well with the shape. It is the same design that Ford used on their Crown Vics. Every time I see it, I wonder how they could have copied the Ford design. I think GM needs to send their wheel designers to Porsche or Ferrari so they can learn how to design a a really beautiful wheel. Just an old farts opinion.
Old 11-02-2010, 04:58 PM   #31
Shelby

Drives: 2010 SS/RS (hers), 2013 ZL1 (his)
Love the striping!!
Shelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 05:13 PM   #32
Vega

Drives: 91' Camaro RS
Send a message via Yahoo to Vega
Look maybe this is just me talking, but special edition or not im not paying $30k for a V6 Camaro, i'll opt out of the flashy special edition package that sticks you with a certain set of colors and options and instead put that $30k into a 1SS that gives you all the same stuff but with a V8 and the choice of customization...I admire what GM is doing here but its constructive criticism, a V6 is not $30k range material
Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 05:27 PM   #33
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
If I'm in a position someday to get another Camaro, this may end up being it.
Old 11-02-2010, 07:00 PM   #34
SchwarzerDrache
No, it is not an SS

Drives: SIM 2LT/RS
Stripes look good, but the wheels are not to my liking.
SchwarzerDrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 07:01 PM   #35
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
I can't believe that after 35 posts that know one posted about how ridiculous it is to have a package that salutes the radio. What's next a power window addition with free power windows. LOL

I can see it now. Bob says "Hey look at my XM radio camaro!" Ted replies ""
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 07:11 PM   #36
2010 Bumblebee

Drives: Transformers Edition Camaro 2SS/RS
Is the XM for XM radio ? As in an XM radio package? If so it's a dumb package name. Are all the special editions getting the NM wheels now? I guess the cost to certify the wheels is being divided into more than 100 cars, and the wheels are not special to the NM edition anymore because they are show on all the special editions lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
I can't believe that after 35 posts that know one posted about how ridiculous it is to have a package that salutes the radio. What's next a power window addition with free power windows. LOL

I can see it now. Bob says "Hey look at my XM radio camaro!" Ted replies ""
I just did ! Then I saw your post. I started stating back in the NM threads that this special edition game will become common place and backfire. Everyone will lose interest. We don't by collectors cars like camaros to be investments. We drive them and enjoy them, and then later on the ones that survive become collectable.

They tried this collectors game with comic books about 15-20 years ago and after a while the whole thing flopped.

The transformer edition should have been the only special edition of the car because of the movie, not because I have one. Just like the smokey and the bandit edition of the T/A. When the next transformers movie comes out they should make another treansformers special edition and that's it.

These special colors, special this , special that every 3 months is stupid. It will get old and the special editions will not be special anymore.

Northern Massachusetts & Southern New Hampshire Camaro Club
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/group.php?groupid=127

The mother of all supercharger questions thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77958

My 2010 Camaro Review
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2025442#post2025442

2010 Transformer Edition Camaro L99 Auto
2010 Bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 07:40 PM   #37
StangKiller-SS

Drives: GM products
Not a bad package, just don't know about those funky stripes on the side.
StangKiller-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 08:36 PM   #38
nashstat

Drives: 2SS Camaro
How do I get those special mats with the "camaro" lettering on them?
nashstat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 08:37 PM   #39
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashstat View Post
gmpartsdirect.com or chevypartsplus.com
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 09:41 PM   #40
Camaro Lives On
Force RECON

Drives: 2005 Saab 9-5 2.3T
Send a message via AIM to Camaro Lives On
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJedi View Post
I am sorry but I have never liked this style of wheel. It started as a 20" wheel on the SLP cars and some of last years SEMA models. Now they have bumped it to a 21" wheel with a larger spoke. The spoke design simply does not go with the svelte design of this magnificent car. It makes it look like a wagon wheel on a beautiful contemporary design. It just does not flow well with the shape. It is the same design that Ford used on their Crown Vics. Every time I see it, I wonder how they could have copied the Ford design. I think GM needs to send their wheel designers to Porsche or Ferrari so they can learn how to design a a really beautiful wheel. Just an old farts opinion.
Not quite correct on the origin. These wheels were originally on the 2007 Camaro Convertible concept with 21 in front and 22 on rear.

Then they made there way onto the 2nd Bumblebee as the same size. After that, the Dale Jr. Sema car from a few years back with 21". SLP then started using the design but as 20". Up til now... they have all had the same basic dark accents, but now without that... they seem kind of plain. So these have been floating around for a while... but are just now being used for production cars.
Old 11-06-2010, 04:08 AM   #41
SS Crush

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS/LS3
Send a message via MSN to SS Crush
I just wish they would only make V8's hotrods and skip the V6's... leave that for the Mustang crowd. I'll keep wishing though..
2011 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS - 25% 3M Tint, SS Emblems F/R, Painted Engine Cover, Fuse Box & Taillight Bezels, Technostalgia Taillights, P13W Fog/DRL lights, DRL Harness, Pioneer AVIC 8200NEX, PAC Radio Kit, Pioneer cam (sux), Blue Footwell, Blue Map & Trunk Light, EPCO Orange Camaro SS Rally Shift Knob, Borla Atak Cat-Back Exhaust, Skip-Shift Eliminator, K/N, G2 Painted Calipers, StopTech slotted rotors, pads & stainless lines, Beltronics Ticket Notifier
SS Crush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 04:09 AM   #42
SS Crush

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS/LS3
Send a message via MSN to SS Crush
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashstat View Post
Look around, there is way cooler mats with SS on them considering you have a 2SS.
2011 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS - 25% 3M Tint, SS Emblems F/R, Painted Engine Cover, Fuse Box & Taillight Bezels, Technostalgia Taillights, P13W Fog/DRL lights, DRL Harness, Pioneer AVIC 8200NEX, PAC Radio Kit, Pioneer cam (sux), Blue Footwell, Blue Map & Trunk Light, EPCO Orange Camaro SS Rally Shift Knob, Borla Atak Cat-Back Exhaust, Skip-Shift Eliminator, K/N, G2 Painted Calipers, StopTech slotted rotors, pads & stainless lines, Beltronics Ticket Notifier
SS Crush is offline   Reply With Quote