Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-03-2012, 07:41 PM   #1
stlrammer

Drives: 2017 1SS Blue
Driver Seat Back Clicking

My car has been quiet for 30 months (15K Miles) but just developed a clicking noise on driver's seat back. Sounds like the blinker is on intermittently going off (click, click with a slight echo). If you lean forward while driving there is no noise at all. When you lean back on the seat back while driving there is blinker like clicking on most every bump. Almost sounds like keys ring clicking or the blinker. Easy to reproduce by just bouncing lightly against the driver's seat back at any time. It may be tied to the seat release latch on the back of the seat as you can kind of reproduce the sound by pulling the lever with the seat fully in upright position. I have fabric seats. Anyone have this and find a fix?

Last edited by stlrammer; 07-03-2012 at 08:32 PM.
stlrammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:07 PM   #2
Cam2011

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
If your seat is all the way back just pull it forward ever so slightly. That should take care of the clicking.
Cam2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:39 PM   #3
stlrammer

I've tried moving the seat in every possible position including moving the seat base forward and back and various inclines on the seat back too. The rest of the interior is totally quiet with no squeaks or rattles. It could be an interior spring in the seat back that's clicking off of something else. Its still has bumper to bumper warranty but I feel like that could just be a trip further down the rabbit hole. I shouldn't even worry about it but thought I'd reach out to the C5 family.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:24 PM   #4
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
I have the same problem. Its the handle on that back of the seat that allows you to move the seat forward so someone can climb into the back seat. Whatever that handle is attached to, a lock or spring or whatever, has come loose, making the noise.

I just ran out of my bumper to bumper and it hasn't annoyed me enough yet to mess with it. I'll eventually get around to fixing it.
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:32 PM   #5

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrammer View Post
I've tried moving the seat in every possible position including moving the seat base forward and back and various inclines on the seat back too. The rest of the interior is totally quiet with no squeaks or rattles. It could be an interior spring in the seat back that's clicking off of something else. Its still has bumper to bumper warranty but I feel like that could just be a trip further down the rabbit hole. I shouldn't even worry about it but thought I'd reach out to the C5 family.
Mine is currently locked up!...lol...Can't pull the handle to bring it all the way forward...lol...I know if I push or pull on the seat, it will work...but I'm leaving it stuck!...I heard the fix for my deal is some sort of spray lube...I think that's all the dealer would do.

But something isn't right with these things...I never use that latch handle anyway...Wondering if you guys used yours a lot and they failed from just being used...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:33 PM   #6
austinjames
Account Suspend...Right

Drives: Synergy LS & Vulcan 1600cc
thats what she said....
Old 07-03-2012, 09:36 PM   #7
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Mine is currently locked up!...lol...Can't pull the handle to bring it all the way forward...lol...I know if I push or pull on the seat, it will work...but I'm leaving it stuck!...I heard the fix for my deal is some sort of spray lube...I think that's all the dealer would do.

But something isn't right with these things...I never use that latch handle anyway...Wondering if you guys used yours a lot and they failed from just being used...
Mine broke when I was sitting in it driving alone. I only weigh 160lbs too and it hardly ever gets used. Something just...broke...
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:40 AM   #8
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrammer View Post
My car has been quiet for 30 months (15K Miles) but just developed a clicking noise on driver's seat back. Sounds like the blinker is on intermittently going off (click, click with a slight echo). If you lean forward while driving there is no noise at all. When you lean back on the seat back while driving there is blinker like clicking on most every bump. Almost sounds like keys ring clicking or the blinker. Easy to reproduce by just bouncing lightly against the driver's seat back at any time. It may be tied to the seat release latch on the back of the seat as you can kind of reproduce the sound by pulling the lever with the seat fully in upright position. I have fabric seats. Anyone have this and find a fix?
I am sorry for the frustration that you may be experiencing with the seat issue. Have you been able to bring it to a dealership to get addressed? Please let me know if you have this option available to you.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 07-07-2012, 09:47 AM   #9
stlrammer

Dealer would just strip down the seat and it would never be the same so that's my last option. In 108 degree heat (St. Louis) I played with it touching everything connected to the base and back of the seat. I just couldn't see it being inside the seat back itself because of the clicking and echo sound of it but could be I suppose but on other hand it seemed related to the release latch. Anyway clicking has stopped. It may have been the seat belt housing (although not directly connected to the seat back which duplicated the clicking when bouncing against it). There was a coin (quarter) laying on the seat base frame I also removed. I really think its related to something in the release latch (cable running through the back of the seat bouncing off of something else). I have a feeling I haven't heard the last of the clicking although its gone for now.
Old 08-08-2012, 05:31 PM   #10
Neto1978

Drives: 2011 camaro ss victory red
mine has the same noise, I didn't know there was a a handle in the back of the seat...I will try to find it...
Neto1978 is offline   Reply With Quote