Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 07-31-2014, 11:37 AM   #57
Taser Deployed

Drives: 2012 Blk ZL1
I never see what the big deal is. I've never met someone who couldn't learn to drive a stick. I learned how to drive a motorcycle before a manual car which in my opinion is way harder than learning to drive a stick. I know men, women, old men, old women, and teenagers that drive manual cars. What the hell does that have to do with them being manly. Let's be honest folks. Driving a car period no matter the transmission isn't nuclear physics. The simple and right answer is drive both and get the one that best fits you and your situation.
Taser Deployed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 11:54 AM   #58
Shakeandbake

Drives: 2014 Black ZL1
I don't have a beard , sweet chest hair or huge muscles. I'm probably not a real man. I'm 160 pounds and I drive a manual becuase I grew up riding motorcycles. I have severe add and it helps that I remain constantly engaged.
I've had auto cars before and it's just not for me, I become to easily distracted. But regardless it's no ones place on this forum to tell someone else that there preference is inferior. Practice some god damn acceptance and leave them alone becuase a "real man" would not give 1/2 a **** about judging someone else.
You get that auto and you flappy paddle shift your heart out.
1960 Ford thunderbird 390 FE
2014 Camaro ZL1
Shakeandbake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 11:59 AM   #59
ZL1-V

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taser Deployed View Post
I never see what the big deal is. I've never met someone who couldn't learn to drive a stick. I learned how to drive a motorcycle before a manual car which in my opinion is way harder than learning to drive a stick. I know men, women, old men, old women, and teenagers that drive manual cars. What the hell does that have to do with them being manly. Let's be honest folks. Driving a car period no matter the transmission isn't nuclear physics. The simple and right answer is drive both and get the one that best fits you and your situation.

Es muy facil,

If you drive in heavy traffic for an hour every day then get an automatic. No traffic manual. It's the "learning" portion that gets most people when starting out. Some get frustrated and just give up". You can only jerk the car into a stall so many times before your left foot comprehends it! I had my Ducati set up to do track days with GP shifting so I had to relearn shifting 1 down 5 up to 1 up 5 down.
ZL1-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 02:08 PM   #60
ZL1 Spoked

Drives: Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeandbake View Post
I don't have a beard , sweet chest hair or huge muscles. I'm probably not a real man. I'm 160 pounds and I drive a manual becuase I grew up riding motorcycles. I have severe add and it helps that I remain constantly engaged.
I've had auto cars before and it's just not for me, I become to easily distracted. But regardless it's no ones place on this forum to tell someone else that there preference is inferior. Practice some god damn acceptance and leave them alone becuase a "real man" would not give 1/2 a **** about judging someone else.
You get that auto and you flappy paddle shift your heart out.
Flappy paddle your heart out LMAO

604 RWHP 602 LBS/TQ
ZL1 Spoked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 12:48 AM   #61
RedRock ZL1

Drives: 2015 ZL1
Lol, even Porsche is quitting the manual trans. To each his own.
RedRock ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 01:07 AM   #62
eymang

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS & 1991 Vert
I think he should look at the available resources for service or warranty repair. If none in his area he would be better off with a manual trans in regards to maintenance. just my thoughts...
eymang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 01:28 AM   #63
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Drives: 13 ZL1#182, 85 CJ7, 16 Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by eymang View Post
I think he should look at the available resources for service or warranty repair. If none in his area he would be better off with a manual trans in regards to maintenance. just my thoughts...
I may be wrong, but I believe the autos have had fewer maintenance issues than the manual.
Old 08-01-2014, 06:18 AM   #64
alyssasdad
Go VOLS!!!!!

Drives: ZL1 #1344 VR, M6
If people buy manuals to make up for their other shortcomings, then why do they want short throw shifters?
alyssasdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 07:27 AM   #65
Z/28Dan

Drives: 2013 HWSE Indy Festial #26
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05SilverStreak View Post
If you dont have enough to hold on to between your legs, get a stick. For those of us who arent lacking in that department get an auto. When your on vacation in a traffic jam the auto allows you to relax and know that your in charge of your destiny. If you want to be reminded of when you were in high school and couldnt afford shit for luxury get a MANual. They say that you are a MAN if you drive a MANual. However the guy that cuts my grass every week and washes my cars is MANuel. You decide.

Dan
Z/28Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 10:23 AM   #66
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyssasdad View Post
If people buy manuals to make up for their other shortcomings, then why do they want short throw shifters?
They buy the short shifter because it matches their original equipment.
Old 08-01-2014, 01:14 PM   #67
ChocoTaco369
145lb Powerlifter

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taser Deployed View Post
LS3>L99
LSA>LS3 & L99
Yes, oops this is the ZL1 forum. My point still stands. In my opinion, going from manual to an automatic in this type of car is quite a letdown in terms of performance, control and fun factor. Rarely do folks look at a muscle car with a manual transmission and ask the driver, "Why didn't you go with the auto?" The OP is European where most know how to drive manuals and manual transmissions are still the "standard," so it would probably be an even bigger letdown than for a born-and-raised American.
Old 08-01-2014, 04:47 PM   #68
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
Yes, oops this is the ZL1 forum. My point still stands. In my opinion, going from manual to an automatic in this type of car is quite a letdown in terms of performance, control and fun factor. Rarely do folks look at a muscle car with a manual transmission and ask the driver, "Why didn't you go with the auto?" The OP is European where most know how to drive manuals and manual transmissions are still the "standard," so it would probably be an even bigger letdown than for a born-and-raised American.
Which transmission do you have (brand/model)?

Tags
automatic, españa, manual, zl1