Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 06-14-2018, 09:37 PM   #1
2slik

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
BTR Stage 3 cam, 75hp Nitrous shot, stock fuel pump...will it work??

I know the title is a little vague but, here's my question. I have a 2010 SS M6 currently running 1 7/8 long tubes and cat delete. I have purchased and will be installing a BTR stage3 cam and a ZEX nitrous kit that uses the stock fuel system. Ive searched the forum for the answer but, cant seem to find someone asking the same exact question which is...will the stock fuel system be enough with my setup if I dont spray more than a 75 hp shot? Anyoone running this type of setup without an upgraded fuel system please chime in.
2slik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 08:35 AM   #2
Badbubba
GrINned & JUICEd

Drives: 15STI, 10Expy, 10 2SS/RS M6, 47KB1
I did not like the fuel pressure drop and, even more so, the slow recovery with a small shot. 2010 LS3 with bolt-ons, no cam. May just be my pump, yours may differ.
GPI SS3 Cam & stuff,N.O. Plate(dedicated fuel tank,progressive,fuel hose upgrade,remote opener,heater,console switches),LNC2000,CTAP,ARH 1 7/8" LTs/gutted cats/X pipe/mufflers,Jet Hot coated LTs,GPI HPT Tune,CAI, Scoop,Rx Catch Can,Gates heater hose relocation, Remote clutch & auto brake res,Metco loop,Momentum Tunnel Brace,TSW Nurb 18",555 & 05,Pfadt trailing arms & toe rods,Autometer WB,Fesler Pillar Pod,LED strips (int),Lloyds floor & trunk mats,LED DRL/front turn & license plate,DRL harness,VLEDs tail lights,Plasticoat Bowties. Ord: Oct 5, 2009 Rec: Nov 19, 2009 13.17@112.6 stock
Badbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 08:53 AM   #3
LsxDoctor
15 Year LS1Tech Member

Drives: 2010 ss 391ci LS3
There are a few cars here running about 550 hp on boost and people making 600 on motor with stock injectors. With that small of a shot you should be fine but after a few runs you're going to want to turn up that 75 shot to something bigger. It gets addicting! Personally I would get some bigger ones for the future or start saving up now.

Hope this helps

http://www.rcfuelinjection.com/technical
LsxDoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 10:51 AM   #4
UNRIVALED SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Send a message via Yahoo to UNRIVALED SS
It will work but there is no extra fuel volume. You are going to be right up against catastrophe. I also wouldn`t do it on pump gas. Just good policy.
UNRIVALED SS is offline   Reply With Quote