Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

Old 03-26-2010, 09:12 PM   #295
Qwkss

Drives: Hoopty Winter Beater
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
I didn't actually get that far in the conversation to ask. When the first words I heard was "five thous..." I said at that point, "it will have to wait a while!"

If you need a demo L99 to put one in so that you have one to dyno and take videos of, you may use my car - as long as I get to keep it

Are you going to come to the meet tomorrow? I'd love to meet you!
Well not that good of a deal.

Nope:(
I have to help work on a customers Camaro at my shop in the am. Im sure we will meet thou.
Qwkss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 09:20 PM   #296
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Craig and his clan are great guys... thats why I always push their shop! They do great work and are very eagar to help, even if it is just answering questions.
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 10:32 PM   #297
SilverIceman

Drives: Camaro SS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwkss View Post
I need to install/sell an Edelbrock in the coming months, smoking deal, if you are interested.

Hmmm.

Is that the E Force with the cover that looks like an LS9? Very sharp!

Does it come with Edelbrock's optional 5 year, 100,000 mile warranty?

SilverIceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 04:45 PM   #298
GC-Camaro

Drives: 2014 Impala
Mod day was great fun! Thanks again Heinzd01.
Attached Images

GC-Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 07:31 PM   #299
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
I had a great time meeting you all. Thanks to Heinzd01 and family for hosting. GC-Camaro beat me to posting a pic, but here is mine!
Attached Images

Last edited by Darth_Emma; 03-27-2010 at 08:21 PM.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 07:32 PM   #300
Darth_Emma

A special huge big THANK YOU to 1 RD JEWL for all his help with my car today! You rock!

My CAI intake works great! I love what it has done to make my car sound and drive better.
Old 03-27-2010, 08:05 PM   #301
Darth_Emma

Someone at the gathering today asked me who makes the DRL harness that 1 RD JEWL was putting in his car. I found the link, so I'll post it here. It is made by Adaptive Performance. Here's the link:
http://www.adaptiveperformance.com/camarodrl.htm
Old 03-27-2010, 08:12 PM   #302
1 RD JEWL

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS_RS- RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
Someone at the gathering today asked me who makes the DRL harness that 1 RD JEWL was putting in his car. I found the link, so I'll post it here. It is made by Adaptive Performance. Here's the link:
http://www.adaptiveperformance.com/camarodrl.htm
Also don't worry about the feedback you see. For $38.50 I rolled the dice and received it 10 days after my order. Lots of negative on his site, but no complaints here. They just don't communicate via the site so I would just order and trust it will come.

I would go with PayPal so you can file a dispute if needed. I had no need and it was plug-n-play today. Great product.

Delivered 25 Aug 2009:
2SS/RS LS3
1 RD JEWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 08:37 PM   #303
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Mod day was awesome.

We got the following done:

Darth Emma took the plunge and did her first mods, with some help from 1 RD JEWL. She installed her CAI and CGM bowties. I didnt get to chat with her much and RD JEWL spearheaded her works since he had done it before. I think she had a great time and the GCM bowties looked GREAT!

EM got her car all cleaned up and we all checked out her painted on heritage stripes. Looks great, I take back saying to stop them!

hrpiii got Pfadt lowering springs installed on his wifes Phantom! I am sold, the check is in the mail! We also changes out the rear diff fluid to Mobil 1. See below for an after photo. A hair over 1" lower on all 4 corners. WOW!

Low bubba got his Hurst installed and is says it was a vast improvement over stock! The install of the shifter is a snap with the lift, maybe 30 minutes.

1 RD JEWL installed the fog/DRL jumper, LED fog lamps and the SLP skip shift eliminator. Also, even after we picked on him a but, got to wash up the jewl. I must say, RJT is beautiful!

Drew10 got new diff fluid. Another Mobil 1 change. Now all he has to do is figure out that nasty vacuum line leak.

SilverIceman got to show off his new chambered exhaust system. It was a really nice throaty sound.

bartking swapped out his winter wheels for his fancy RS wheels and gave his RJT a well needed bath. Lookin good!

RS_Man got 1 Mustang seat in his Ranger. He will have to scheduel another day to do the driver seat. This was by far the most work done today. Hats off to Dougs dad!

GC-Camaro was there but didnt have any mods done. He just showed off! (see below)

HeinzD01 and I didn't get to work on our ABL kits but we will plan another day where we can dedicate the day to working on just that. Seems it may be more delicate and we wont need to use Randy's hammer!

Furthermore, I am calling Pfadt on Monday to see about an order of 3 lowering spring kits. Drew and I will hopefully be sporting the kit in a few weeks when we go to C5Fest... Randy will have to wait till we get back but we will also be installing them on his IOM. The install was very easy and just take a look! This is pure love!

And this only deserves one thing...

x infinity! Thanks GC, now I have to order the grille!

Thanks again Doug!
Old 03-27-2010, 10:22 PM   #304
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
That heritage grille is starting to grow on me...

Glad to see you guys had fun.
Old 03-28-2010, 08:42 AM   #305
Darth_Emma

The heritage grill looks much better in person than in any picture I've seen. I'm thinking of getting one, but I have to get my drop springs/sway bars and headers first.
Old 03-28-2010, 07:50 PM   #306
GC-Camaro

Drives: 2014 Impala
JR, glad you liked the grill. If you want to get one pre-painted, check this link out.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65430

GC-Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 08:08 PM   #307
heinzd01

Drives: 2010 SS RS, 1976 Type LT
I hoped everyone enjoyed the Saturday mod day. I did though I've been exhausted since.

I see hrpiii posted pics in this thread.

Thanks all!!!
heinzd01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 09:19 PM   #308
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinzd01 View Post
I hoped everyone enjoyed the Saturday mod day. I did though I've been exhausted since.

I see hrpiii posted pics in this thread.

Thanks all!!!
Me too! It wore me out!

Thanks again for hosting!