Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-07-2013, 11:55 AM   #15
AustinWithrow

Drives: 2013 Cammed/LSA Conversion 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
How much money are you willing to spend?
don't really have a spending limit... just what ever comes to mind.
Old 09-07-2013, 11:58 AM   #16
blk13SS

Drives: '13 1SS LS3 '05 Neon SRT-4
Are there any Camaro out there running the 1/4 mile stock(with maybe a tune), gears, suspension mods and tires? I'm interested in knowing what their times are
2013 1SS LS3/Cold Air Inductions/VMAX ported tb/TSP 1 7/8 LTs and xpipe/factory NPP axleback/BTR stg 3 cam kit/ZL1 injectors/3.91 gears/MGW sts/DSS carbon fiber driveshaft/DSS 1000hp axles/BMR LCAs & adj. toe rods/DSMLIGHTS E85 dyno tune 454/427 running out fuel. ZL1 fuel pump, McLeod twin disk, and retune coming soon!
blk13SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 12:02 PM   #17
AustinWithrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by christianchevell View Post
ss mod, zl1 mod, CAI, quantum capacitor with 9.7 gigawatt imploder.

Yes gears get it to the ground and make a real seat of the pants feeling as you go fast quicker and do you know your gear ratio? DO you have a automatic or a stick? These things matter, and then there are different things to be considered v-6 vs v-8 and if a new throttle body would help, and other various items and next thing you know you have thousands dumped into a v-6 and if that's what floats your boat.......

And of course money always matters..........
Sticking with a v6 for a couple years, but I am going with a CAI intake for my next mod. my gears are 3.27. (I think). Throttle body in the near future!
my mods I plan are the CAI, Ported TB, Solo high Flo cats, Drag radials, and maybe dry nitrous in the future too.
Old 09-07-2013, 12:05 PM   #18
AustinWithrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by blk13SS View Post
Are there any Camaro out there running the 1/4 mile stock(with maybe a tune), gears, suspension mods and tires? I'm interested in knowing what their times are
went to the track last night, and a guy was there and was running his 2010 SS. only mod was Borla Cat-Back. and he was running 13.6 or 13.7 all night??
Old 09-07-2013, 12:07 PM   #19
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by blk13SS View Post
Look at the fast lists. Tons of info there. I'm sure you'll find that combo somewhere.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 12:07 PM   #20
Juiced1
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 2SS CAMARO 45th
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinWithrow View Post
don't really have a spending limit... just what ever comes to mind.
Ah, didn't notice the year. It's a bummer the LLT headers never really took off so no one is in a rush to push out a set for the LFX. Solo makes a nice set of high flow cats for the LFX that will help the power output some but obviously not like a set of long tubes! Nitrous is the easiet power addder but I'm not sure if you're willing to toss it on. You can't touch the bang for the buck and it is safer then most think.
Juiced1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 12:14 PM   #21
etmx183

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT RS
My signature will give you the whole list for an LFX with an Automatic transmission to put you into the mid 12 second ETs. I went 12.541@108.19 on Friday night. Daily street driven car and I still get 27/28 MPG. I only run premium fuel also so my fuel trims are always ready for some action. If you want to go real fast and no budget limitation you need to talk to GretchenGotGrowl about the twin turbo setup.

Last edited by etmx183; 09-07-2013 at 12:34 PM.
etmx183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 12:25 PM   #22
AustinWithrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by etmx183 View Post
My signature will give you the whole list for an LFX with an Automatic transmission to put you into the mid 12 second ETs. I went 12.541@108.19 on Friday night. Daily street driven car and I still get 27/28 MPG. I only run premium fuel also so my fuel trims are always ready for some action. If you want to go real fast and no budget limitation you need to talk to Gretchen about the twin turbo setup.
awesome man, sounds good! thanks!
Old 09-07-2013, 01:49 PM   #23
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
My recommendations for the strip:

lighter 18" rear rims with sticky tires is my top suggestion.

Past that I'd recommend an intake, throttle body, and tune. High flow cats if you want to spend the money.

Last but not least, get that suspension working better to keep you planted to the ground. Bushings, controls arms, sway bars.

That should make a nice difference over stock.

If you want to go really fast, you need to look at forced induction.

By the way, have you ran at the track yet? If so, what was your times?
Old 09-07-2013, 03:17 PM   #24
AustinWithrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
My recommendations for the strip:

lighter 18" rear rims with sticky tires is my top suggestion.

Past that I'd recommend an intake, throttle body, and tune. High flow cats if you want to spend the money.

Last but not least, get that suspension working better to keep you planted to the ground. Bushings, controls arms, sway bars.

That should make a nice difference over stock.

If you want to go really fast, you need to look at forced induction.

By the way, have you ran at the track yet? If so, what was your times?
what order? like do I need to do the bushings, control arms and sway bars all at the same time, or can I do them seperate? but I'm not looking for forced induction. but I have ran and my best run for last night was:

R/T: .8424
60FT: 2.2356
330FT: 6.4011
1/8 ET: 9.7368
1/8 MPH: 74.16
1/4 ET: 15.0513
1/4 MPH: 93.07
Old 09-07-2013, 03:49 PM   #25
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Op do you have an automatic or manual?
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 11:42 PM   #26
AustinWithrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacnJsn95 View Post
Op do you have an automatic or manual?
Auto.
Old 09-08-2013, 12:13 AM   #27
NoSyT
It's a Three Six, Vee Six

Drives: '12 AGM 2LT/RS & '14 Silverado LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiced1 View Post
Ah, didn't notice the year. It's a bummer the LLT headers never really took off so no one is in a rush to push out a set for the LFX.
Since the LFX engine has integrated headers and only has one tube from each side of the engine, it's pretty hard to build a single pipe to replace a single pipe.

This is why the LFX puts out 323 HP vs the LLT putting out 312.

Last edited by NoSyT; 09-08-2013 at 12:29 AM.
NoSyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 12:45 AM   #28
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinWithrow View Post
Auto.
Then i think you are limited to 3.55 gears, unless you want to swap the whole SS rear end, axles and hubs... Quite a bit of money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSyT View Post
Since the LFX engine has integrated headers and only has one tube from each side of the engine, it's pretty hard to build a single pipe to replace a single pipe.

This is why the LFX puts out 323 HP vs the LLT putting out 312.
I wouldn't say that's the whole reason it makes more power, but I'm sure it probably helps. Glad someone pointed that out for the guy that still thinks LFX headers could be a possibility.... I'm working on a double tube exit, out if the head... That'd about as close as it's going to get, but gains will probably be slim to none.
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote