Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 06-11-2011, 01:47 PM   #15
jtzako

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro SS
I guess since you mentioned installing the backup camera, which I had just done, I did not understand the need to take out the 'rear deck lid' or back seat. Neither need to come out to run those wires. (or any wires to the rear for that matter)

The only thing in the back seat area that needs to come out is the driver side rear seat interior panel. That comes out easiest if the bottom part of the back seat is out but doesnt require the deck lid or rear seat back to be out.

But to each his own.. just seems like more work than necessary.
Old 06-11-2011, 06:55 PM   #16
Gene Culley
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 SS
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandier View Post
Move the plastic clip with the screwdriver while pivoting the seat at the same time. The clip will rotate with the seat, then hold the clip in place with the screwdriver as you rotate the seat back. I had a hard time too. The trick is moving the clip with the seat rotation. You'll be surprised, it works!
Ok, that was the only thing I didn't try... was to try and rotate the clip while pivoting the seat. I'll give a try, thank you.
Gene Culley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 06:57 PM   #17
Gene Culley
Account Suspended

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtzako View Post
I guess since you mentioned installing the backup camera, which I had just done, I did not understand the need to take out the 'rear deck lid' or back seat. Neither need to come out to run those wires. (or any wires to the rear for that matter)

The only thing in the back seat area that needs to come out is the driver side rear seat interior panel. That comes out easiest if the bottom part of the back seat is out but doesnt require the deck lid or rear seat back to be out.

But to each his own.. just seems like more work than necessary.
I didn't remove the rear deck lid. I said I wanted to know because later I am going to change the speakers on the rear deck and I wanted to know how to remove both pieces. I was going to remove the seat to make it easier to run the wires. Everyone has their own way of doing things. I've very OCD and anal about how things are done and I wanted the wires routed and cable tied perfectly. I can't help it. I was born with it. However, I did not have to remove the rear seat interior panel. All of my wires ran underneath it with the rest of the vehicle wires.
Old 06-12-2011, 02:13 PM   #18
FrankT
400HP used to be enough..

Drives: 2010 2SS rs manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandier View Post
Move the plastic clip with the screwdriver while pivoting the seat at the same time. The clip will rotate with the seat, then hold the clip in place with the screwdriver as you rotate the seat back. I had a hard time too. The trick is moving the clip with the seat rotation. You'll be surprised, it works!
What he said. It's the same thing I ended up doing. Very simple, but a real pain in the a**!
Old 06-15-2011, 10:33 PM   #19
bshown

Drives: 2015 1LE 1SS/RS
If you want to remove the rear seat back why would you not just unbolt the 2 15mm bolts at each end of the mounting frame and the 18mm nut in the middle by the seatbelt buckles and take it out like that? It's much easier that way than unbolting the seatback from the pivots with it still in the car. Not to mention less likely you scratch the other trim pieces.
bshown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 11:23 PM   #20
Inuyashas_Brother

Drives: '10 Camaro LS - M6
Wait until you have to re-install the rear seat cushion. It's a PITA to get those rear hooks to latch.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:13 PM   #21
Gene Culley
Account Suspended

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bshown View Post
If you want to remove the rear seat back why would you not just unbolt the 2 15mm bolts at each end of the mounting frame and the 18mm nut in the middle by the seatbelt buckles and take it out like that? It's much easier that way than unbolting the seatback from the pivots with it still in the car. Not to mention less likely you scratch the other trim pieces.
The 18MM nut in the middle by the seat belt buckles is for the lower half. I'm looking to remove the upper half.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:13 PM   #22
Gene Culley
Account Suspended

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inuyashas_Brother View Post
Wait until you have to re-install the rear seat cushion. It's a PITA to get those rear hooks to latch.
Honestly, I thought that was the easiest part for me. Still never got the seat back out though. I haven't tried yet again.
Old 06-17-2011, 04:10 PM   #23
GearHeadPeter
US Navy Vet

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS, 65 Mustang GT Fastback
Take out the 18mm nut and the two smaller ones. The rear fold down is attached to the bracket frame, and when that is lose the rear fold down will come out frame and all.

Just be careful not to scratch the paint getting it out. Once it is out you can play around with the plastic clips as mine were all jacked up also. The first time I had to take the entire rear frame and fold down seat out, and then I fixed the plastic clips so that they were aligned better.
3rd Camaro on this forum to have a Mylink installed. Installation by GEN5DIY, Heritage Grill, Lloyds Premium Ebony Camaro RS floor mats, Empire Billet Camaro Black sill plates, AAC: LED footwell & interior lighting, Rear Courtesy Lights, LED side markers/turn signals, Plasma P13W DRl bulbs, Formula 1 Pinnacle Series tint, Roto-Fab Yellow CAI & Fuse cover, Technostalgia Afterburner LED taillights, EmblemPros custom V6 hydrocoated carbon fiber/RY engine cover, Pfadt Sport sway bars, Ofer's Backup Camera, and full Brembo brake conversion.
GearHeadPeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 01:23 PM   #24
1SsmOkin-SS
KNIGHT LIGHTNING

Drives: '12 AGM L99 SS
Send a message via Skype™ to 1SsmOkin-SS
I actually just untwisted myself to try seeking help again on that very same rear plastic panel that culley mentioned, that covers the rear 6x9 speakers, right?.. Thought it be a breeze-NOT. would most certainly appreciate Much any 411 on this particular task if anyone has been here before-Pleeease, please. Im worried about breaking the plastic or worse, triggering what I think' might be a cpl rolled up airbag looking things, no idea but def stuck....
1SsmOkin-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:45 PM   #25
OVERPAR73
2018 Garnet Red ZL1 conve

Drives: 2013 & 2018 ZL1 vert
Help, Help, Help!!
How do you remove the rear seat back on the 2013 ZL1 convertible? I have a new speaker to install but Iv'e tried everything and can't get it out! Please PM me with help, thanks.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:16 PM   #26
ToolFan66

Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inuyashas_Brother View Post

That's the easiest part..

KooKs LT Headers, Borla S-Type cat back, RotoFab CAI, Bo White PTB, RMCR tune...
ToolFan66 is offline   Reply With Quote