Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 09-15-2009, 01:01 PM   #15
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
notice where it is

it's a little late for that

the engine bay needs a good wash while the motor is out anyway...lol
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 06:05 AM   #16
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro Lt Vin #1974
and here this whole time ive been seeing this really cool professional picture all prettied up and everything, its has been of a non moving piece of metal.LOL..just kidding man..i have seen you post a ton since ive been on this site and i never knew that your truck in the picture had been on the disabled list..you should be able to get social security when that happens..if you need any advice on the install just ask me..mad dad is MR. BF GOODWRENCH himself, and can fix or rig just about anything up to run good. we had an old 80s camaro that everyone told him he couldnt fit this old beat up straight six engine in...in less that an hour he had that engine in somehow and i drove that car for about 4 years till we painted it Joy orange from some paint we got from our deep mines shuttle car refurbish shop we worked at, well i guess and the paint gun we used to pain the shuttle cars too and painted it orange as hell..man that car was U.G.L.Y. but looked cool had a black bra and shit..LOL..A N Y W A Y S. i was rambling like a mother fer. anyways if you need any advice just make it pretty detailed and exactly what you want and ill relay the question on to him and reply as quick as i can...not saying you need any help at all but just offering a helping hand...but again just kidding about the hunk of metal thing............................................. .......................................or was i.
Mohrg Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 06:09 AM   #17
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro Lt Vin #1974
ohh and another thing, i read this whole thread thinking that you were doing something soo incredibly utterly original to a 2010 camaro and found that you never once mentioned one..LOL...GOT ME!!! but now im interested in your truck..i just bought a 2004 Chevy 2500 HD for only 6k...it has 140000 miles but its a two owner and i bought it for winter cause once the snow and ice hits the salt hits and my car hits the garage..i can handle snow and ice but the salt is a big no no..and i dont see strapping a deer to the top of the hood once deer season rolls around..but that would make for some great camaro5 pics huh. that and i dont want to put a trailor hitch on my car to pull my 4 wheelers everywhere too...damn i guess im more of a hick that i like to admit..but shit im from West Virginia..cant help it.
Mohrg Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 07:36 AM   #18
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
I have a 2007 Impala SS with the 5.3, and it is damn impressive, 305 Horsepower, I was shocked how fast the car is, it's great beating the mustang gt's in a 4 door car, your gonna love that 5.3.
2010 SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 12:37 PM   #19
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohrg Beast View Post
and here this whole time ive been seeing this really cool professional picture all prettied up and everything, its has been of a non moving piece of metal.LOL..just kidding man..i have seen you post a ton since ive been on this site and i never knew that your truck in the picture had been on the disabled list..you should be able to get social security when that happens..if you need any advice on the install just ask me..mad dad is MR. BF GOODWRENCH himself, and can fix or rig just about anything up to run good. we had an old 80s camaro that everyone told him he couldnt fit this old beat up straight six engine in...in less that an hour he had that engine in somehow and i drove that car for about 4 years till we painted it Joy orange from some paint we got from our deep mines shuttle car refurbish shop we worked at, well i guess and the paint gun we used to pain the shuttle cars too and painted it orange as hell..man that car was U.G.L.Y. but looked cool had a black bra and shit..LOL..A N Y W A Y S. i was rambling like a mother fer. anyways if you need any advice just make it pretty detailed and exactly what you want and ill relay the question on to him and reply as quick as i can...not saying you need any help at all but just offering a helping hand...but again just kidding about the hunk of metal thing............................................. .......................................or was i.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohrg Beast View Post
ohh and another thing, i read this whole thread thinking that you were doing something soo incredibly utterly original to a 2010 camaro and found that you never once mentioned one..LOL...GOT ME!!! but now im interested in your truck..i just bought a 2004 Chevy 2500 HD for only 6k...it has 140000 miles but its a two owner and i bought it for winter cause once the snow and ice hits the salt hits and my car hits the garage..i can handle snow and ice but the salt is a big no no..and i dont see strapping a deer to the top of the hood once deer season rolls around..but that would make for some great camaro5 pics huh. that and i dont want to put a trailor hitch on my car to pull my 4 wheelers everywhere too...damn i guess im more of a hick that i like to admit..but shit im from West Virginia..cant help it.
well, i took those pics last fall when it did run then PS'd the OBS wheels & cab lights. thanks for the help offer. if i run into something i can't work out, i'll hit you up. i never mentioned a camaro because i ain't gt one yet :( it would be funny to see a deer strapped to your hood, though

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SSRS View Post
I have a 2007 Impala SS with the 5.3, and it is damn impressive, 305 Horsepower, I was shocked how fast the car is, it's great beating the mustang gt's in a 4 door car, your gonna love that 5.3.
305, really?! the LS6 heads only got you an extra 10hp over the truck engine? it's still pretty fun to have the LS4 in a family car!
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 02:54 PM   #20
tjbusa
Serious Sleeper

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS M6
You are going to be really happy with the tried and true 5.3, I don't know how you've stood being without your truck since May 27th. You have a really good MOM if she's been letting you drive her car all that time. Best of luck to get rolling soon.

Fact of Life:

After Monday and Tuesday
even the calendar reads...
W T F
tjbusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 07:53 PM   #21
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjbusa View Post
You are going to be really happy with the tried and true 5.3, I don't know how you've stood being without your truck since May 27th. You have a really good MOM if she's been letting you drive her car all that time. Best of luck to get rolling soon.
yeah... it's been a real pain, but hopefully i'll be driving my truck again shortly.

so after 2 weeks of rain, it's finally cleared up enough to get some work done... too bad i'm still waiting on my freakin wiring harness!!
Old 10-02-2009, 05:49 AM   #22
zebra
just can't seem to leave

oh... another interesting tidbit of info:

**missing text added to OP**

i reckon that's all for now...

Last edited by zebra; 10-23-2009 at 01:20 AM.
Old 10-13-2009, 09:51 PM   #23
zebra
just can't seem to leave

maybe i can get some work done now before it really gets cold. next week's forecast has highs in the mid-50s! :(

Last edited by zebra; 10-23-2009 at 01:20 AM.
Old 10-14-2009, 08:18 PM   #24
Blood

Drives: 2003 Silverado z71 1500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
ain't exactly sure
i reckon a couple weeks... hopefully less
Diesel, expensive? It may be, buuttt you get twice the gas mileage.
Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 02:19 AM   #25
zebra
just can't seem to leave

i'll be sure to find some interwebz again somewhere so i can update the OP later

ps - don't worry, Spike. i'll try & remember to take some pics...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood View Post
Diesel, expensive? It may be, buuttt you get twice the gas mileage.
something tells me i ain't gonna get 40 mpg in that beast

my truck, with the v6, averaged about 20 mpg hwy @ 70 & about 16 in town
i actually clocked it a couple weeks ago & the excursion gets about 12 in town & 17 hwy with the cruise on 55

Last edited by zebra; 10-23-2009 at 01:21 AM.
Old 10-20-2009, 11:43 PM   #26
zebra
just can't seem to leave

just when i thought i was getting somewhere at least the flywheel & clutch kit are on and the fuel lines are modded

Last edited by zebra; 10-23-2009 at 01:21 AM.
Old 10-23-2009, 01:22 AM   #27
zebra
just can't seem to leave

super humongous update to the OP.

read it
Old 10-23-2009, 08:27 AM   #28
Xanthos
PWA Relapse