Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Motorsports Discussions

Old 03-01-2024, 11:35 AM   #1
cerberus_ss1

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
Camaro vlog

I'd like to create a YouTube vlog with my beast, how I tune it, etc., and a project to say it in one word. I'm new to all this stuff, but I really want to try it. Please recommend some intuitive editing software. Also, is it good if I use a GoPro 5? Maybe there are some experts here.
cerberus_ss1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 03:15 PM   #2
trashbasket

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Gopro hero9 black is $200 and should be just fine for what you are doing. GoPro editing software comes with it and will get you started. Once you spend enough time with it, you can move on to Adobe Premiere Pro.
Old 03-02-2024, 07:02 AM   #3
anhtuvp
Account Suspended

Drives: Man
Send a message via ICQ to anhtuvp Send a message via AIM to anhtuvp Send a message via Yahoo to anhtuvp Send a message via Skype™ to anhtuvp
I actually did something similar with my own car on my YouTube channel. For editing, I went with Movavi Video Editor because it's super easy to pick up and has all the cool editing features you'd need, like cutting clips, adding effects, and even doing some cool green screen stuff. It's great for both beginners and those who've got a bit more experience. Plus, it works fast, so you can get your videos up without spending ages on editing. As for using a GoPro 5, it's definitely a solid choice for starting out. It's pretty good at capturing all the action, especially if you're moving around a lot. If you want to dive deeper into what Movavi offers, check out https://www.movavi.com/learning-port...watermark.html

Last edited by anhtuvp; 03-07-2024 at 07:41 AM.
anhtuvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2024, 12:25 AM   #4
rocknroll_jeph

Drives: 11 Camaro V6 RS, 03 BMW Z4
I am also trying to make more videos and content, but not on youtube. I started making skateboarding videos when I was kid in the 90's using VHS tapes, and have always enjoyed the process of filming, editing and planning.

It's just a hobby and I'm not a pro at all- I'm constantly learning and evolving my skills.

Currently I use a GoPro 10 and an older iPhone for filming. I started with a GoPro 4 and on a small screen there isn't too much of a difference for casual editing, a GoPro 5 should be a nice place to start.

Editing is probably the most important and time consuming aspect. It also can make poorly shot video look amazing or if misused can make great video look terrible.

I use CapCut for the editing (it's free!). I am a part time actor and it was recommended to me by my agent, and I have had amazing results using it. There are also a lot of great how to/ tutorial videos online that have helped me use it more effectively. I occasionally use the GoPro's built in editing but it's limiting for me.

As for other gear, I have a stabilizer gimbal for moving shots, lots of suction cups and attachments for the GoPro and my next purchase will be some proper wireless mics.

When I watch videos, sloppy editing and bad audio quality always annoys me, even thought I know I am guilty of both, its a learning process and every video I make I try to get better quality and more professional looking videos. With that being said, I am trying to make a lot of videos as practice and try to get my methods and feel for my videos.

Hope some of that helps you out, and I can't wait to see your videos online soon, best of luck!
rocknroll_jeph is offline   Reply With Quote