Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 11-21-2018, 02:19 PM   #85
sjmautoprod

Drives: '16 2SS
Sure. You can have more than one device able to control a given system.
sjmautoprod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 09:34 AM   #86
a.morblu

Drives: 2011 Sinister SS
So... It appears to be a connectivity issue with the app and the master. Once added into the app the app does not see the wireless network connection to the master. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a compatibility issue with the app and Android 9.0 Pie on the Pixel 3. If I have time I'll run the debug and dig a little more into it.

As far as I know, no one has the binaries to modify the source app code so we might be dead in the water for new phone updates.
Old 11-23-2018, 10:04 AM   #87
sjmautoprod

That also sounds like when the Master gets scrambled and needs to be reset. This is from a customer that sent his in before NightOwl went away...

Quote:
I go in to Wifi settings, phone finds and connects, then open app and no connection !! Really strange
Is the LED on the Master blinking?

Try with the Master connected to an AC USB adapter just to make sure it's getting good power. Joe said that he saw a lot of flaky car adapters.
Old 11-23-2018, 11:54 PM   #88
chef-beavis

Drives: IOM 2013 2SS/RS, Greenie, 06 FXSTBi
Tony,

Thanks for staying in touch on these. I hope mine never craps out. Will it be possible to find good controllers for my stuff, if it comes to that?
chef-beavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 10:24 AM   #89
sjmautoprod

Me too!

Sadly, there is nothing out there like what we had. :(

Nothing that I have evaluated does any sequencing across channels. Very basic zone/group control is it. I did just stumble across a new system that does sequencing and I am digging into it.

I wanted to go back and finish what I started with our own system, but the app has been the tough part, not really the hardware.
Old 11-25-2018, 02:13 PM   #90
a.morblu

Drives: 2011 Sinister SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmautoprod View Post
That also sounds like when the Master gets scrambled and needs to be reset. This is from a customer that sent his in before NightOwl went away...

Is the LED on the Master blinking?

Try with the Master connected to an AC USB adapter just to make sure it's getting good power. Joe said that he saw a lot of flaky car adapters.
Yes, it's blinking. I'll give this a try and also try it with another android device on a lower version to see what I get.
Old 02-23-2019, 10:22 AM   #91
SR71

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS
Anyone know how to get the Night Owl app on android? I got a new phone and the app didn't come over and cant get it anymore from the Play Store.
Old 02-23-2019, 12:24 PM   #92
sjmautoprod

I can help. PM me your email address.
Old 03-07-2019, 11:21 PM   #93
-Im.z2ight-

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS "Diablo"
My led board got water in the box and went out. I just got time to take off the bumper and discover this. I’m trying to figure out what I should do. I loved the night owl kit.
Mod List: GM NPP Dual mode exhaust(Fuse pulled), AGP Twin Turbo 54/57, ZL1 Fuel pump with flex fuel sensor, ADM FPCM, ID1000 Injectors, diamond racing forged pistons, BTR twin turbo cam stage 2, Lunati forged H beam rods, BTR trunnions, ARP head studs, Vararam power wedge, MightyMouse Wild catch can, PFADT 1.25" drop springs, BMR Strut tower brace, 20x10.5 Giovanna Mecca rear and 20x9 Giovanna Mecca fronts, R1 Concepts drilled and slotted rotors, Hawk HPS pads, Night Owl RGB halo kit, and more...

Future Mods: Dual fuel pump and more...
-Im.z2ight- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 07:23 AM   #94
sjmautoprod

Sorry to hear that. We can make adapter harnesses when you are ready so it's at least plug-n-play.
Old 03-15-2019, 03:13 PM   #95
-Im.z2ight-

Quote:
Sorry to hear that. We can make adapter harnesses when you are ready so it's at least plug-n-play.
Can you give me more information on how much and how it would work? I’ve been trying to figure out if there is a new controller I can swap over too but I haven’t found any with this same plugs.
Mod List: GM NPP Dual mode exhaust(Fuse pulled), AGP Twin Turbo 54/57, ZL1 Fuel pump with flex fuel sensor, ADM FPCM, ID1000 Injectors, diamond racing forged pistons, BTR twin turbo cam stage 2, Lunati forged H beam rods, BTR trunnions, ARP head studs, Vararam power wedge, MightyMouse Wild catch can, PFADT 1.25" drop springs, BMR Strut tower brace, 20x10.5 Giovanna Mecca rear and 20x9 Giovanna Mecca fronts, R1 Concepts drilled and slotted rotors, Hawk HPS pads, Night Owl RGB halo kit, and more...

Old 03-15-2019, 03:34 PM   #96
sjmautoprod

I'd need a bit more info on exactly what you were looking to do. PM or email me (tony@sjmap.us) the details and I can get you a ballpark figure (if not a hard quote).
Old 03-15-2019, 04:06 PM   #97
-Im.z2ight-

Quote:
I'd need a bit more info on exactly what you were looking to do. PM or email me (tony@sjmap.us) the details and I can get you a ballpark figure (if not a hard quote).
I sent you a PM thanks for your quick replies. I am trying to decide if I can save this kit or go to a 6th gen headlight design.

Old 04-19-2019, 10:34 PM   #98
sjmautoprod

If anyone started having issues recently, check here...

https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showt...5#post10495755

Tags
halo, night, nightowl, owl