Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-17-2018, 05:45 PM   #1331

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
....After a few days....(and perhaps after things have settled down somewhat)....I give the SS an "OK" for the refresh....Never cared for the Transformer vibe, and that is what the SS front looks like, the two year old Transformer car....No matter, the bones of the SS are still the same, A10 might entice some more buyers, but all in all the refresh for the SS will do until the Gen7...

The LT/V6 refresh is very, very, nice....It's too bad they can't put a V-8 into a refreshed LS Camaro and really offer something different as a low-cost V-8. It would probably outsell the re-freshed SS....Might still happen before this Gen is over....we'll see...

My guess is the SS will be price-bumped higher than ever with the new tech goodies and transmission offered...

The rear ends on all models is sort of puzzling....The more I look at it, the more it looks like the first 5thGen Sunglasses tail-lights...Again "OK" if that's what they wanted...

It's still "just" a refresh for them all....under the fascia and the plastic, hardly any change....all good. I hope they all sell well for the next few years...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 05:52 PM   #1332
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
The black bumper (or body color, or chrome, etc) is as old as Chevy's grille. But it is true that others now use this styling motif as well and others had in the past (Misu for example). In a year this will be the new look and everything else will look old. As with any other model or marquee out there. I think all in all as a package the SS looks good retro wise and will look even better with 1LE trim. Then no doubt new motors will arrive with more power, etc. And nobody will pay attention to styling details per se.
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 06:16 PM   #1333
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgocifer View Post
Challengers cheap? Compared to what? I was shopping them and a Challenger 392 T/A not as equipped as my 1LE cost more than the 1SS 1LE. I chose the 1LE because it was more bang for the buck.

Challengers sell because they are great looking especially for those folks who still like the retro look, exude pure badassness, and FCA markets them well. Chevy could learn a thing or two.

No need to bash, I'm not a brand loyalist and love cars of all types and brands. They all have strengths and weaknesses. The Camaro is a great car that unfortunately is poorly if at all marketed. Mustang is the same but to a lesser extent. At least they have the whole "Bullett" thing even though nobody under the age of 50 knows what that is... lol still cooler than a bunch of "real" people sitting on a freeway learning that Chevy isn't as crappy as they may have thought.
I agree as far as retro goes the Challenger nailed it from the start ,they play the muscle car part well,but the novelty of retro is gone and i am glad .
I also love cars and all types and there is always bashing going on to some degree ,just look through the 95 plus pages of bashing on the refresh .I think the bashing is funny in a way ,it shows a lot about a person and how far they will go to tried to be heard ,as if anyone really cares or if it matters how they feel about the refresh . Don't like it don't buy and move on.
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 06:35 PM   #1334
'01LS1

Drives: 2003 Pete
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
The black bumper (or body color, or chrome, etc) is as old as Chevy's grille.
You just made me imagine what the 2019 SS refresh would look like with a chrome center bar instead of the metallic black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen6_1Le View Post
I also love cars and all types and there is always bashing going on to some degree ,just look through the 95 plus pages of bashing on the refresh .I think the bashing is funny in a way ,it shows a lot about a person and how far they will go to tried to be heard ,as if anyone really cares or if it matters how they feel about the refresh . Don't like it don't buy and move on.
People are extremely passionate about their cars, their brands, the models & heritage behind them. When things change for the better or worse they are going to be vocal about it. Don't like it, don't read it & scroll on.
'01LS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 06:42 PM   #1335
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by '01LS1 View Post
You just made me imagine what the 2019 SS refresh would look like with a chrome center bar instead of the metallic black.

People are extremely passionate about their cars, their brands, the models & heritage behind them. When things change for the better or worse they are going to be vocal about it. Don't like it, don't read it & scroll on.
My thoughts exactly. And ya chrome bumper would be something else lol! Enuf said. Time to move on.
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 06:52 PM   #1336
Memphis43

Drives: Chevy

I’m sure there will be a company that will make fangs that go down. Looks good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Memphis43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 06:56 PM   #1337
Cgocifer

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen6_1Le View Post
I agree as far as retro goes the Challenger nailed it from the start ,they play the muscle car part well,but the novelty of retro is gone and i am glad .
I dont think retro is dead, the designers just need to do it correctly. In fact, rumor is that the VW microbus is coming back. Dodge did a great job with the Challenger and there's a reason it still looks good after 10 years. Timeless. It's hard for something that was designed to look dated to look dated... lol

I guess you could call the 911 Porsche retro because it's always looked the same, just tastefully mmodernzed over the years.
Cgocifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 07:12 PM   #1338
rap47

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 50th
Is there a picture of an all black SS? Seems the cross bar on the grill would blend in with the black paint and might not look too bad.
rap47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 07:14 PM   #1339

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rap47 View Post
Is there a picture of an all black SS? Seems the cross bar on the grill would blend in with the black paint and might not look too bad.
http://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-ve...aro-sports-car
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 07:23 PM   #1340
rap47

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 50th
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Thanks. To me that looks pretty good.
rap47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 07:25 PM   #1341
Gen6_1Le

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgocifer View Post
I dont think retro is dead, the designers just need to do it correctly. In fact, rumor is that the VW microbus is coming back. Dodge did a great job with the Challenger and there's a reason it still looks good after 10 years. Timeless. It's hard for something that was designed to look dated to look dated... lol

I guess you could call the 911 Porsche retro because it's always looked the same, just tastefully mmodernzed over the years.
I meant as far as Camaro,Mustang and Challenger goes retro is dead and they should move into the future .I heard about the VW and i believe the new Ford Bronco is going retro. I actually wouldn't mind seeing a retro Monte Carlo .
Old 04-17-2018, 07:30 PM   #1342
Low Saturn

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Wait.... They dropped yellow? WTF?
Old 04-17-2018, 07:34 PM   #1343
Gen6_1Le

Quote:
Originally Posted by '01LS1 View Post

Yeah i basically just scroll past the hate , its getting old , and people are starting to come around to the changes .Some people just don't know how to handle change.
Old 04-17-2018, 07:59 PM   #1344
DanSS24

Drives: Dream Cars in my head
Quote:
Nice.

I scrolled all the way down to the see the 2018 model and already it looks dated. This is going to get interesting.

Wishful thinking...but I sure can dream big.
DanSS24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2019 camaro refresh, 2020 camrao, becky, beckyd, camaro refresh, camarodestroyed, new camaro, ugly camaro, wtf?!?!