Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Thread Closed

Old 05-15-2015, 01:41 PM   #547
ChocoTaco369
145lb Powerlifter

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin'UU View Post
So wait I just wan't to make sure you just said that before I prove how wrong you are. The Mustang upgraded their engine platforms in '10 MID CYCLE It can and IS done! Who are you trying to fool with that BS?
So they changed their engine, transmission, chassis, suspension, braking system, wheels...they rebuilt the entire car from the ground up and just used the same exterior aesthetics?

People hear what they want to hear I guess an entirely different car from the tires to the sunroof isn't enough to be a generation swap if it resembles the previous generation in any way.
Old 05-15-2015, 01:44 PM   #548
Optimus Prime

Drives: 2014 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
I like the look a lot. I definitely see Corvette influence in the tail lights, which matches up with what someone at GM said (maybe Reuss?) that there would Corvette DNA trickled down to all of their cars. The hood vents are an obvious homage to the 1st gen hoods, although I like my '14 hood vent better. And I was thinking about the rumor that the 6th gen would borrow more from the 2nd gen, and not that it screams it to me, but I was thinking about how much more narrow but taller the upper and lower grills are on this 6th gen, just like how the grills went from shorter and wider on the 1st gen to fatter but more narrow on the 2nd gen. The new grills do remind me a little of the newest Camry/Corolla, but not so much that it takes away from the Camaro DNA. And ultimately, as Oppenheiser said, they focused on performance/aerodynamic-related design, thus we have wide, tall, and angled front grills for improved aero and cooling. I think all manufacturers seem to be moving in this direction, especially with increased fuel economy demands.

I'm glad though, by the looks, it doesn't immediately make me want to go out and trade my '14 1LE for one, although the interior, performance, and tech might...

Former garage: 2010 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS 6M
2011 Avalanche LT
Old 05-15-2015, 01:49 PM   #549
EE7

Drives: New
CNBC article hints at V6 having 340 hp. http://www.cnbc.com/id/102683015
Old 05-15-2015, 01:51 PM   #550
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeair042 View Post
Am I the only one who would have preferred a super aggressive SS hood like the T4 bumblebee had?
Yes.
Old 05-15-2015, 01:53 PM   #551
Zapote21
Tampa Bay Camaros

Drives: 2017 Krypton Green 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiting46 View Post
Id just like to thank fenwick, number 3, and fbod father for keeping me sane in the last few months as Ive lurked the forum

also chaz for his REDICULOUSLY AWESOME renderings (as well as how quickly he updates them)

but, for everyone angry, annoyed, or upset about GMs soft reveal today...this is a marketing trick, they didnt show off anything we (as the enthusiasts) didnt reasonably know, chaz's renderings have been spot-freaking-on, so youre annoyed that GM put out a slightly higher quality image, on a show youd have never seen before? more importantly, on a show with MILLIONS of people watching, people that might go "hey, that v6 is pretty snazzy" and help us (as team camaro) ahead of the rustangs and fiats

so ya, you got an early peak, at a car youre already excited to see, even if you dont buy it. the exterior was never really a mystery, well all pour over the images that will be either released, or taken by the forum members tomorrow (most likely both)

as for everyone on the "I hate the wing" bandwagon, GM spent how many hours wind tunnel testing this thing? we had an entire post from GM about how much work they put in to the aero on this car I can garuntee there were few stylistic choices made that would sacrifice power. some goes for the "gaping maw" crowd. form > function. were going to get a rompin, stompin peice of equipment that a lot of people are going to try to "coolify" and ruin all the aerodynamics of simply because its "tuner" looking, I grew up in the 90s, Im willing to bet thats a demographic GM is going to push against hard, and Im also willing to bet a lot of us equate wings with speed.

and finally, power numers. Im going to laugh at that 440/450 output, I dont know what the per unit difference on price is for headers vs tri-ys, but those look welded, and GM wouldnt waste the money on a set of pipes that werent going to boost performance at least marginally, base corvette makes what? 455 hp? lets take out "standard" camarovscorvette horsepower diminshment of ~7 hp, leaving us with 448 hp, alright LS3ers, I know you can get that out of tune. lets see if tri-ys can get us 2%? I believe in 2%. theres another 9 hp back, putting us at 457 hp, and if we assume that there was ACTUALLY an x-pipe in at least one model based on the original teaser site, Id give it an extra ~1%, putting us at about 462 hp. tack on the dual mode exhaust for an extra ~5 hp or so, were sitting just south of 470hp. I like them odds.

So yes, its not revolutionary, we knew it wouldnt be, but itll hold its own against the fiats and the rustangs. lets get pumped for some numbers. because when people that arent enthusiasts see "camaro crushes in head2head" well have our day.

/rant

VERY well said... People on this forum are shocked like they have not seen this guy's renders for weeks...LOLOL
2016 C7 DSOM
2012 2SS yellow vert
2017 2LT Krypton Green
2018 2LT Hot wheels crush
2020 2SS Shock vert.
2017 2SS Krypton Green coupe
Old 05-15-2015, 01:54 PM   #552
DP Valentino

Drives: 2010 CGM Chevrolet Camaro LS
I'm just waiting till tomorrow!

Old 05-15-2015, 01:56 PM   #553
tom_vilsack
Banned

Drives: fast
Fan or not,the rear end dented in side parts look horrible! Look's like someone hit either side of car. Big mistake by GM.
Old 05-15-2015, 01:58 PM   #554
Tran
Administrator

Drives: 2010 Camaro of course....
Another member has been banned from Camaro6. Again, if you're here to troll, incite, or post hysterics, you will be infracted and lose access.
Old 05-15-2015, 01:59 PM   #555
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
Rear looks ok I guess. Front is meh. Hood vents are um...no. Not flattering. Nothing so earth shattering to make me want to dump my current Camaros.

Looks like I'm going to be happy putting around in my old 2010 and 2013...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
Old 05-15-2015, 02:00 PM   #556
Trevon

Drives: 97 Hummer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
Where is this coming from? Seriously?

From DAY ONE, GM specifically said the 6th gen was going to be "EVOLUTIONARY, NOT REVOLUTIONARY." It has been stated ad nauseam for months and months that there were not going to be big surprises, here. It was going to be a refreshed 5th Generation Camaro on a smaller chassis with an updated interior and improved technology. GM stressed over and over and over again we were not going to see big changes in external aesthetics and the major changes will be in performance and interior/technology.

How are you surprised by this? This generation has had very little hype at all. Camaro6 has been largely dead and there is a complete absence of large, rolling threads of interest. What's been incredible is the complete LACK OF HYPE surrounding the 6th Generation Camaro.

I am never prepared for the complete disconnect from reality of the general public!
Quote:
Edmunds: 2016 Camaro styling to be evolutionary, not revolutionary

Quote:
http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=346725

Published 3/10/14

We have known this for over 14 months, folks! No big surprises here!

Quote:
It is an entirely different powertrain, drivetrain and chassis. Those things don't happen mid-cycle. Mechanically it has virtually nothing in common with the 5th Gen. It is a radically different car in almost every way. That alone is more than worth a generation change if they left the paneling and aesthetics exactly the same as the 5th Generation.

I feel so sorry for the engineers for these car companies. The car will smoke the 5th Gen in pretty much every way possible and has been built on an entirely new chassis with an entirely new powertrain and drivetrain, addressing the "heavy Chevy" complaints of Camaro owners for the past 7 years, and all they get is whining and complaining because the new generation looks similar to the old generation when they told everyone 14 months ago that it is going to look very similar.

Camaro owners asked GM for a 5th Gen, just lighter and more nimble with more technology in both the motor and the interior. THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT THEY PRODUCED!

Holy crap. The George Costanza BONEHEAD MASS AUDIENCE shows itself!

Ah, here we have it; a loyalist rearing his head and suckling at the teet of whatever GM will throw out. It's not even awful that the car didn't have a major change, it's awful that it doesn't even look anything like a sports car/muscle car/pony car from the rear. I do see this car getting more attention from the younger "euro/stance/JDM YO" crowd.

As I've seen everywhere on this thread - the only way to get an "awesome Camaro" is to have it optioned out. Well if I option a current car out to what I'd want, I'd buy a Corvette.

I keep an extremely open mind about cars and was really wondering if I was going to trade in for a new Camaro. Nope. I don't care if this thing comes out with 500hp to the wheels for $35k. It looks like a family car. Lame, boring lines straight from the mid-nineties; on par with the Toyota Supra, SN95 Mustang, and almost every Nissan car of that period.

I'll leave this with one last statement. Nothing about this car seems bad, but it certainly doesn't deserve the Camaro name -- much like the Dodge Charger or Dart absolutely don't deserve the Charger/Dart name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH3688 View Post
All I can say is: " Good Luck With Sale"
Agreed. Competition will only create better options for the consumer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizz View Post
Brian Williams broke the story first. He was there during the design process
You win this thread.
Old 05-15-2015, 02:01 PM   #557
CamRamRo

Drives: 2014 TR Stingray M7
I think the pictures that were leaked are squeezed to fit the screen, the proportions are not correct, and believe the car is actually wider than appears in these pictures.
Old 05-15-2015, 02:02 PM   #558
txferrari

Drives: 2016 Z06/7.
Well, it's about what I was expecting so. Don't really care either way. I'm going to wait until the Z's come out. I do like the front. Rear, not so much. But, it's not like my 14 Zl1 is picture perfect. Oh, wait. Yes it is. I'll def be headed to the dealer to check them out when they hit dealers out of curiosity.
Old 05-15-2015, 02:02 PM   #559
AzItaliaSS

Drives: 2010 2ss RJT LS3 GONE....
yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
God I hope that's not the actual car.... If so they screwed it up like the rustang... ): saves me 40k+ I guess!!
Yup, I'm with you..all this time for that?? Definitely proves my point of moving to beamer Lexus "sporty" size with that smaller engine economy stuff and looks like Malibu sedan influence more then stingray influence. 2.0 and the v6,the direction is pretty clear to me..

VARARAM, SWSP 1 7/8 LT'S,X-PIPE,CAT DELETE,DYNOMAX RACE BULLETTS, LSR SHORT SHIFTER ,CUSTOM BLACK EMBLEMS,MPD1 SPOILER, HP TUNE BY GEARHEAD GARAGE, INTERIOR ABL LIGHTING, CUSTOM STRIPING BY BEAVER STRIPES, EIBACHS
Old 05-15-2015, 02:04 PM   #560

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
How bout we talk about something we all love....The sound of the LGX. I also counted just about 14 seconds on that take off to 105. Are we thinking 1/4 and it looked like it was wet?
I think it looked promising that this gen v-6 will get more track creds and perhaps more track components and options right out of the box....Maybe this time all the track goodies won't just be on the v-8s....

Closed Thread