Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

AWE Tuning

Old 02-10-2016, 01:41 PM   #323
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by crankaholic View Post
The new SS is geared perfectly. The gen5 1LE used an updated transmission from the Zxx cars, so a different diff ratio was required to make everything work.
FYI - The gen 5 1LE transmission (ratios and all, just added the active rev match) is the SAME one in all gen 6 V8's...SS and SS/1LE.
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 01:41 PM   #324
Thor142

Drives: 2014 2LS (traded in) 2015 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicul15 View Post
You can still get a 1ss for $37 and it will run a 1LE 5th gen.
I keep seeing this. Show me a 6th gen 1ss running with a 5th gen 1LE on a tight track like laguna seca and I'll believe it. Same driver same day. On a long high speed track I bet the 6th gen absolutely wins with more hp and lighter weight. I'm not convinced it outperforms the 1LE in every situation.
Thor142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 01:47 PM   #325
Thor142

Quote:
Originally Posted by toehead93 View Post
I know, it took me all morning reading to just finally get caught up and now it has almost doubled.

Here is link to Willow Springs lap times:
http://fastestlaps.com/tracks/willow-springs

...and to Streets of Willow Springs:
http://fastestlaps.com/tracks/willow...eets-of-willow
Thats cool. On a tight track the ol' 1LE is hanging with some pretty serious cars. Can't wait to see some times with the new one.
Old 02-10-2016, 01:48 PM   #326
DrkPhx

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 / 2006 TB SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor142 View Post
I keep seeing this. Show me a 6th gen 1ss running with a 5th gen 1LE on a tight track like laguna seca and I'll believe it. Same driver same day. On a long high speed track I bet the 6th gen absolutely wins with more hp and lighter weight. I'm not convinced it outperforms the 1LE in every situation.
There's a member here who owns a 5th Gen 1LE who's driven the new SS and GT350 at Laguna Seca. It was posted in the 5th gen section I believe.
DrkPhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 01:51 PM   #327
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor142 View Post
then just get the 1LE to be sure.
6spdhyperblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 02:02 PM   #328
oftenimitated

Drives: 2004 Honda Civic+2011 Camaro 2SS
will sunroof be an option?
oftenimitated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 02:02 PM   #329
truth411

Drives: police interceptor
Hmmmm no 3.91 gears???
truth411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 02:02 PM   #330
Optimus Prime

Drives: 2014 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
For whatever it's worth, Motor Trend did a comparison of the Z/28 vs the GT350R (make sure you note the "R" everyone) at Chuckwalla Valley Raceway with Randy Pobst at the wheel, and the R beat the Z by only 1.16 seconds. A good margin, but not mind-blowing, and again, it's the full-on R trim. So I'm gonna guess this new 1LE will be close to, if not plain faster than, a GT350TP. Al O has said the base SS puts down faster times than the gen 5 1LE, at GM Proving Grounds I believe, and this 1LE is well above the base gen 6 SS with the upgrades. The 1LE vs GT350TP comparisons are gonna be sweet!!!

And since I made the comment about wishing the 1LE could be had with the 2SS, to those of you ragging on anyone who holds the same wish, I understand GM's thinking with this. That said, we may not track our cars much, and that does not make us inferior Camaro owners/enthusiasts, despite some of your ignorant thinking. I have a 5th gen 1LE and I honestly have yet to take it to the track, although I certainly want to. But I don't make a ton of money, I have a mortgage and a child, and so while I can afford the car, I can't necessarily afford all the extra fun some of you can. And it is my daily driver, so yes, I like to be comfortable while I'm driving the crappy city streets with all of its congestion. That said though, I firmly believe I enjoy my daily drives more with a 1LE than with a standard SS because of the upgrades, even if I don't ever get to drive it at 10/10ths. I'm not mad at Chevy, nor will hurl insults at them, for not offering it on the 2SS. If I were to get this 1LE, I'm sure I'd be quite happy with it as it is. I'm just glad it has the MRC. That's the one and only option that if offered, I would definitely have grabbed on the gen 5.

P.S. Here's the Youtube link to the Z/28 vs GT350R comparison for anyone interested...

Former garage: 2010 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS 6M
2011 Avalanche LT
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 02:05 PM   #331
Thor142

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrkPhx View Post
There's a member here who owns a 5th Gen 1LE who's driven the new SS and GT350 at Laguna Seca. It was posted in the 5th gen section I believe.
It was backeddy. I actually joined in on that thread. He said he liked the gen 6 but not for the price. Something like that. Also that the MRC didn't have as good feedback as the 1LE. I do like the look of the 6th gen better though. And you can feel the heft of this 2 ton beast even though it handles amazing.
Old 02-10-2016, 02:06 PM   #332
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
For whatever it's worth, Motor Trend did a comparison of the Z/28 vs the GT350R (make sure you note the "R" everyone) at Chuckwalla Valley Raceway with Randy Pobst at the wheel, and the R beat the Z by only 1.16 seconds. A good margin, but not mind-blowing, and again, it's the full-on R trim. So I'm gonna guess this new 1LE will be close to, if not plain faster than, a GT350TP. Al O has said the base SS puts down faster times than the gen 5 1LE, at GM Proving Grounds I believe, and this 1LE is well above the base gen 6 SS with the upgrades. The 1LE vs GT350TP comparisons are gonna be sweet!!!

And since I made the comment about wishing the 1LE could be had with the 2SS, to those of you ragging on anyone who holds the same wish, I understand GM's thinking with this. That said, we may not track our cars much, and that does not make us inferior Camaro owners/enthusiasts, despite some of your ignorant thinking. I have a 5th gen 1LE and I honestly have yet to take it to the track, although I certainly want to. But I don't make a ton of money, I have a mortgage and a child, and so while I can afford the car, I can't necessarily afford all the extra fun some of you can. And it is my daily driver, so yes, I like to be comfortable while I'm driving the crappy city streets with all of its congestion. That said though, I firmly believe I enjoy my daily drives more with a 1LE than with a standard SS because of the upgrades, even if I don't ever get to drive it at 10/10ths. I'm not mad at Chevy, nor will hurl insults at them, for not offering it on the 2SS. If I were to get this 1LE, I'm sure I'd be quite happy with it as it is. I'm just glad it has the MRC. That's the one and only option that if offered, I would definitely have grabbed on the gen 5.

P.S. Here's the Youtube link to the Z/28 vs GT350R comparison for anyone interested...
Well said. Thor see Al O.'s comments.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 02:08 PM   #333
kain279

Drives: 335i
Looks good, love the wheels and brakes.

I just don't like the "unfinished" look of the hood and aero parts, but I guess you can always get them painted to match the body later.

I would prefer if the suspension was NOT the MRC version though. For pure performance I want just the stiffest ride possible, not something that is more versatile.
kain279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 02:19 PM   #334
detltu

Drives: 1992 Z28 1LE; 2015 Zl1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
That said, we may not track our cars much, and that does not make us inferior Camaro owners/enthusiasts, despite some of your ignorant thinking. I have a 5th gen 1LE and I honestly have yet to take it to the track, although I certainly want to.
I agree that it doesn't make you any less of an owner or enthusiast. I was pretty nervous taking my ZL1 to the track for the first time and it's not my daily driver. If anything happened to it I would still be in deep ish with the wife. Most track days are really safe and well run though. The only thing I am worried about is tires and brakes now. I really think everyone needs to do it at least once. I would still love my ZL1 if I couldn't track it though.
1991 Camaro Z28 1LE-
1992 Camaro Z28 1LE- 25th anniversary
2015 Camaro ZL1
detltu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 02:32 PM   #335
LT1

Drives: 2005 GTO & 1973 Mercedes 220D
Cool

Love the look, this thing is really going to be a monster. In regards to the MRC being standard, I think this is a good idea for the fact that most people will probably daily their 1LE. The downside is that it is probably expensive to replace, it is probably going to drive the price up of the 1LE. Is there anyone out there that would have been ecstatic rather than MRC, to see a suspension with DSSV dampers on the new 1LE?

Some other notes.
-We need to see pictures of the Recaro seats!
-This package will probably cost 5-7k (RIP in pepperoni my wallet if it is more than 7k)
-I'm sure you can option it with the Bose speaker system just like in the 5th gen you could option the BA system with a 1SS
-Can anyone elaborate on the advantages of the ELSD? Nobody is really talking about this (sorry if I skipped a comment talking about the advantages)...The only thing I understand about an ELSD is that it is lighter.

Is anyone else curious as to see what Ford's response will be? Will they keep the Mustang GT/PP as it is? Is the 1LE aiming to battle the GT350, or will that area be left in the open for a Z/28/ZL1?
LT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 02:58 PM   #336
Drm2Reality

Drives: Possibly a 1LE in the near future.
Awesome job chevy! So pumped! Can not wait to order this bad boy in August! I have no complaints other than it would be nice to have the MRC be an option...but clearly it must perform better with which is why it is not an option.

Glad Recaros are std, glad it's only avail in 1ss, and glad it can not be purchased in an Auto!!!!
Drm2Reality is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2016 camaro, 2016 camaro 1le, 2017 camaro, 2017 camaro 1le, 6th gen camaro 1le, camaro 1le, camaro 1le 6th gen, camaro forum, camaro forums