Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 05-01-2011, 10:12 PM   #1
topgun1

Drives: 10 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
AAC 22" cool white LED scanner on my 10 SS/RS

Just got this installed tonight, and i'm like a kid with the remote changing the sequences and speeds! Also has strobe effects. There's a lot of fun to be had here for $50. This was installed beneath the top fascia under the mail slot area and wired to the fuse box. Video doesn't do it justice. Looks awesome in person. I have two videos: the first is with just the scanner on, no other lights. The second is with the halos and drl's with the scanner. The video gets out of focus for about 30 seconds at around the 1:10 to 1:40 time. I drove around a little this evening with the scanner just in solid color mode and it looked sweet! There's even a "car show" mode where it goes through all the sequences. I'm looking forward to the next cruise in!

VMS Stage 2.5 Comp Cams kit, Cold Air Inductions intake, ADM race scoop, DT 1 3/4" headers, Solo cats, 3" Magnaflow catback, Pypes cutouts, HP tune, H&R SuperSport springs, Eibach sways/spacers, TexasSpeed UD pulley, LSR tensioner pulley, Barton shifter, skip shift eliminator, powder-coated calipers, R1 concept rotors, StopTech pads, Granatelli wires, Lloyds mats, tint, AAC afterburner taillamps, AAC scanner/sidemarkers, SRP pedals, custom engine cover, black bowties, Ridergraphix hood spears....

Last edited by topgun1; 05-01-2011 at 10:30 PM.
topgun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:03 PM   #2
orion2011
R. L.

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS
Nice niceee, did you need to remove the bumber also? How did you wire the DRL/Fogs to work with the Halos? Harness?
orion2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:13 PM   #3
FL1CK
Switchin' n Twitchin'

Drives: 2011 Camaro
You could have sounded a little more enthusiastic in your vids... all I heard was blah... blah... mumble... blah! HAHA! Just kidding man, looks good!
FL1CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 09:36 AM   #4
topgun1

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion2011 View Post
Nice niceee, did you need to remove the bumber also? How did you wire the DRL/Fogs to work with the Halos? Harness?
thanks! nope, bumper stayed on, just removed the top plate around the hood latch. My friend Ryan hooked up the DRLs. It was a harness. He owns a stereo/av/lighting accessory shop!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road Rage View Post
You could have sounded a little more enthusiastic in your vids... all I heard was blah... blah... mumble... blah! HAHA! Just kidding man, looks good!
haha, i know. It was more like mumble....blah...indiscernable noise...blah...a/c unit....and scene. I was in my carport late at night in my townhouse, trying not to wake the neighbors! Oh, I was nutso earlier after getting it installed!

thanks
VMS Stage 2.5 Comp Cams kit, Cold Air Inductions intake, ADM race scoop, DT 1 3/4" headers, Solo cats, 3" Magnaflow catback, Pypes cutouts, HP tune, H&R SuperSport springs, Eibach sways/spacers, TexasSpeed UD pulley, LSR tensioner pulley, Barton shifter, skip shift eliminator, powder-coated calipers, R1 concept rotors, StopTech pads, Granatelli wires, Lloyds mats, tint, AAC afterburner taillamps, AAC scanner/sidemarkers, SRP pedals, custom engine cover, black bowties, Ridergraphix hood spears....
Old 05-02-2011, 10:10 AM   #5
topgun1

now if I can just sequence it with the exhaust cutouts I can call it thunder and lightning
Old 05-02-2011, 01:10 PM   #6
FL1CK
Switchin' n Twitchin'

Drives: 2011 Camaro
Someone makes a harness to activate with sound... but I can't remember who.
FL1CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 02:32 PM   #7
topgun1

Old 05-02-2011, 04:47 PM   #8
AUS10BMX

Drives: 2010
Looks sweet! I have the dual colored ones equaling 30", but damn I think yours are brighter, haha! I mounted mine on the bumper bar facing and reflecting off the radiator.
AUS10BMX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 09:16 PM   #9
topgun1

thanks! I purchased the Version 2, so maybe that is why. the scanner is also plastic-sleeved to protect the LED's, but you may have the same thing. Is yellow one of the colors? that looks sick I bet.

you in Greensboro? check out our 5th Gen Camaros of the Carolinas club if you're interested. It's essentially the triad and charlotte area. We have lots of cool events planned for this year.

http://5thgencarolinacamaros.webs.com/
Old 05-03-2011, 11:23 AM   #10
Support@OracleLights.com

Drives: www.CamaroLighting.com
Looks good popgun! Thanks for posting your video!
Support@OracleLights.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 08:05 PM   #11
topgun1

LOL, it's Topgun, but thanks!! I'll be ordering the concept sidemarkers from you guys soon.
Old 05-03-2011, 08:55 PM   #12
AUS10BMX

Drives: 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by topgun1 View Post
thanks! I purchased the Version 2, so maybe that is why. the scanner is also plastic-sleeved to protect the LED's, but you may have the same thing. Is yellow one of the colors? that looks sick I bet.

you in Greensboro? check out our 5th Gen Camaros of the Carolinas club if you're interested. It's essentially the triad and charlotte area. We have lots of cool events planned for this year.

http://5thgencarolinacamaros.webs.com/
Haha, yeah everyone asks that, but I'm in Greenville. No one around here does anything! It sucks... but I'll have to head over to one.

And yeah I have the V2 one also, with all the colors, its pretty sick with the yellow.
AUS10BMX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 05:32 PM   #13
topgun1

they call Kernersville that is between Greensboro and Winston-Salem, K-Vegas! ah ok, over at ECU area. Yeah, unless you're a college student, not much to do there. I've been there for a couple of Halloween parties back in the day!
Old 05-05-2011, 11:16 AM   #14
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
That is awesome, I wish there was somebody in RI who could install one on my Camaro.