Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 06-13-2011, 02:02 PM   #1
Erik@Torq

Drives: '10 SS + '04 Z16 Z06 S/C
Send a message via MSN to Erik@Torq
2010 Camaro rocking Sebring - Mustangs for breakfast, Porsche's for lunch!

Last week I attended a huge event at Sebring International Raceway in central Florida together with Trackguys, dubbed "Sebring Sensation!"

Essentially a Mustang event, but anybody is welcome and we actually had a couple of other C5 members on site for some road course action. I am sure they will chime in on their experience here as well.

Here is the video from the event, make sure to turn that volume up if you like hearing a high revving LS motor! Watch closely how well the suspension is handling the rough track, you can really see it working to keep the car stable through the turns.

I was here last year as well for the same event, but the car has been updated quite a bit since. This would be a great testament to see if all the testing that I have done the past year has helped, and to see what the updated parts would do for the car at this gruesome track. The track is 3.7miles of broken concrete slabs with extremely fast turns that will quickly show any faults in the cars chassis, suspension and balance. When you watch the video you will see what I mean

What better way to start a VERY early morning, one of the worlds oldest and most infamous tracks with a nice smell of burnt race fuel... mmmm (yes I am odd for loving the smell, but I am a gear head!)

Last time I was here, I was running the Pfadt Sport kit (Swaybars and drop springs) and as great as they were, Sebring is a very demanding track and together with the stock shocks you could tell the car needed an upgraded shock with better valving for this type of driving. The stockers just simply can't handle all that load and transitions. So for this year I was running the new set-up with the following suspension parts:
  • Pfadt adjustable coil-overs
  • Pfadt Camber Plates
  • Pfadt adjustable tie-rods
  • Pfadt trailing arms
  • Pfadt Differential Bushings
  • Pfadt Front Spherical Control Arm Bushings

I was also running my new Wheel & Tire combo that was a HUGE benefit as well!

Forgeline GH3R Lightweight Race wheels (20x10 & 20x11)
Toyo R888 R-Comps in 315/30-20 and 285/35-20

This combo with the suspension was nothing less then pure aweseomness! The car has never felt better, more stable and been as fast. I was doing things with the Camaro that shouldn't be able to be done, at least not according to the law of physics... Take that Newton!
The Coil-overs alone are one of the best upgrades for these cars, as you'll see in the video they are working their but off controlling the wheels and really allowing for all the parts to do their job, even one weak link would show itself quickly.

Believe it or not, I managed to run 9 sec(!) faster then last year which is amazing, and I would contribute 2 sec to me simply growing a larger set of you know what, and the rest to the suspension and wheel/tire package. Other drivers could not find the words when they came up and wanted to ask about the car, and could not believe it when they saw a full weight, bone stock interior street car in the pits

But in all seriousness, the car felt extremely well balanced and safe which gave me as a driver much more confidence to really push it to the limit, lap after lap. That's what it's all about, the perception and feedback that the driver gets.

As mentioned, this was a Mustang event from the beginning and they brought in a few other cars just to make it more interesting. A lot of full on race Mustangs, Vette's, Porsche's and many more. There were even 2 brand new Boss Mustangs on site running R-Comps and whatnot, sick cars for sure but still no match for a proper modified 5th Gen Camaro

We also brought our Z06 RTC-650 for some testing as we just put on the new brake system on her. That is a whole different story though, what a beast she is!

The new Forgeline/Toyo Wheel & tire combo worked amazing, a totally square set-up with the proper size tire for the rim. The car had more grip then I ever could have wished for, and they worked beautifully together with the suspension.

I have to admit, it's always fun to be the "underdog" at events like this, and watching peoples faces when you ask them politely to move over

I managed to do about 149-150mph down the back straight which was pretty good, but in the Corvette I was almost 10mph faster, and that's all power!

Just for fun, this is how you need to dress up the car for a tour through the Everglades during the "lovebug" season, they will eat up that paint in no time! She alsmost looked pretty good in a bright blue

Thanks for listening, if you have any questions about my set-up feel free to ask away. I am more then happy to share

/Erik@Torq

Erik@Torq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 09:53 PM   #2
RAWarrior

Drives: '11 CGM/IOM 2SS 'vert '02 GMC Envoy
sweet!!!!!!! This is on my bucket list to be able to do some time. Way to push that beautiful girl to the front!
12/15/2010 - (2500) Order Preferenced Order
12/15/2010 - (3000) Order accepted
01/29/2011 - (3100) Order available to sequence.
01/29/2011 - (3300) Order Scheduled for Production
01/29/2011 - (3400) Order Broadcast
02/07/2011 - (3800) Order produced,
02/07/2011 - (4000) Vehicle available to ship
02/07/2011 - (4104) Bailment Invoice Created
02/07/2011 - (4B00) Your car is bayed
03/12/2011 - She's finally Home!!!!
RAWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 10:06 PM   #3
mcdoogle6969

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2008 Heritage 300C
Awesome pictures!! Looks like tons of fun!

Last edited by mcdoogle6969; 06-13-2011 at 10:28 PM.
mcdoogle6969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 10:43 PM   #4
comm54
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2SS/RS IBM M6-when she lets me
Great Job Eric!!!

I could watch video like that all day, as a matter of fact, I think I'll watch it again right now!!!
Old 06-14-2011, 11:00 PM   #5
2010 SS RS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM Black Polished
Eric Very nice lines and seemed like the car was really handling well. I would be freaking out with all those concrete walls...Looks like its time for a cage in that beast.
418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
2010 SS RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 12:35 AM   #6
Avalnch

Drives: Rally Yellow Camaro+Avalanche
Awesome video and pics, Erik! I can see what you mean by the suspension working to keep the car stable. The clips of the front wheel really shows how level the car body is staying while the suspension is going all out. I think I'll borrow a GoPro and get the same type of shot in one of my autocross events.

Was that one of the Boss 302's that you blew by at the end of the vid? But to be fair, it looked like it was going back to the pits.

Once again, awesome and kudos on the video editing.

Tom
Vengeance Kaotik Cam, C.A.I., ARH LT, Pypes Cat Back, ZL1 Shifter+2012LS3VERT bushing, Quantum Brake Ducts, JDP Tow Hook Scorch Yellow Trim Kit, Shark Fin, AAC DRLs+ABLs+SMDs, ZTA Rear Spoiler, R.Y. 1LE Splitter. Pfadt coilovers, camber plates, trailing arms, Pegasus Solid Subframe. Pedders ZL1 barz, radius arm & steering rack bushings. BMR adjustable toe-rods. Hotchkis Max Chassis Brace. ZL1 GMPP Driveline Upgrade. TurnOne P/S pump. CTS-V 6 pistons.
447 HP @ 6180 RPM / 418 TQ @ 5100 RPM
Avalnch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 12:36 AM   #7
IOM Black Diamond
HT5 COTW 1/21/13

Drives: 2010 Camaro Inferno 2SS RS 6M
I love the blue tape :-)
Old 06-15-2011, 12:39 AM   #8
IOM Black Diamond
HT5 COTW 1/21/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik@Torq View Post
Last week I attended a huge event at Sebring International Raceway in central Florida together with Trackguys, dubbed "Sebring Sensation!"

Essentially a Mustang event, but anybody is welcome and we actually had a couple of other C5 members on site for some road course action. I am sure they will chime in on their experience here as well.

Here is the video from the event, make sure to turn that volume up if you like hearing a high revving LS motor! Watch closely how well the suspension is handling the rough track, you can really see it working to keep the car stable through the turns.

I was here last year as well for the same event, but the car has been updated quite a bit since. This would be a great testament to see if all the testing that I have done the past year has helped, and to see what the updated parts would do for the car at this gruesome track. The track is 3.7miles of broken concrete slabs with extremely fast turns that will quickly show any faults in the cars chassis, suspension and balance. When you watch the video you will see what I mean

What better way to start a VERY early morning, one of the worlds oldest and most infamous tracks with a nice smell of burnt race fuel... mmmm (yes I am odd for loving the smell, but I am a gear head!)

Last time I was here, I was running the Pfadt Sport kit (Swaybars and drop springs) and as great as they were, Sebring is a very demanding track and together with the stock shocks you could tell the car needed an upgraded shock with better valving for this type of driving. The stockers just simply can't handle all that load and transitions. So for this year I was running the new set-up with the following suspension parts:

• Pfadt adjustable coil-overs
  • Pfadt Camber Plates
  • Pfadt adjustable tie-rods
  • Pfadt trailing arms
  • Pfadt Differential Bushings
  • Pfadt Front Spherical Control Arm Bushings

This combo with the suspension was nothing less then pure aweseomness! The car has never felt better, more stable and been as fast. I was doing things with the Camaro that shouldn't be able to be done, at least not according to the law of physics... Take that Newton!
The Coil-overs alone are one of the best upgrades for these cars, as you'll see in the video they are working their but off controlling the wheels and really allowing for all the parts to do their job, even one weak link would show itself quickly.

Believe it or not, I managed to run 9 sec(!) faster then last year which is amazing, and I would contribute 2 sec to me simply growing a larger set of you know what, and the rest to the suspension and wheel/tire package. Other drivers could not find the words when they came up and wanted to ask about the car, and could not believe it when they saw a full weight, bone stock interior street car in the pits

But in all seriousness, the car felt extremely well balanced and safe which gave me as a driver much more confidence to really push it to the limit, lap after lap. That's what it's all about, the perception and feedback that the driver gets.

As mentioned, this was a Mustang event from the beginning and they brought in a few other cars just to make it more interesting. A lot of full on race Mustangs, Vette's, Porsche's and many more. There were even 2 brand new Boss Mustangs on site running R-Comps and whatnot, sick cars for sure but still no match for a proper modified 5th Gen Camaro

We also brought our Z06 RTC-650 for some testing as we just put on the new brake system on her. That is a whole different story though, what a beast she is!

The new Forgeline/Toyo Wheel & tire combo worked amazing, a totally square set-up with the proper size tire for the rim. The car had more grip then I ever could have wished for, and they worked beautifully together with the suspension.

I have to admit, it's always fun to be the "underdog" at events like this, and watching peoples faces when you ask them politely to move over

I managed to do about 149-150mph down the back straight which was pretty good, but in the Corvette I was almost 10mph faster, and that's all power!

Just for fun, this is how you need to dress up the car for a tour through the Everglades during the "lovebug" season, they will eat up that paint in no time! She alsmost looked pretty good in a bright blue

Thanks for listening, if you have any questions about my set-up feel free to ask away. I am more then happy to share

/Erik@Torq
What size tires are you running? And what brand are they?
Old 06-15-2011, 12:44 AM   #9
Avalnch

Drives: Rally Yellow Camaro+Avalanche
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtNMyTeeth View Post
I love the blue tape :-)
That blue tape is manditory if you want to keep your paint intact.

I run the same tires as Erik (all be it on narrower rims) and my quater panels are taking a beating. Lots of pits all over. I think I'll start using the race tape from now on. The paint on our cars is so weak!! It's maddening.
Vengeance Kaotik Cam, C.A.I., ARH LT, Pypes Cat Back, ZL1 Shifter+2012LS3VERT bushing, Quantum Brake Ducts, JDP Tow Hook Scorch Yellow Trim Kit, Shark Fin, AAC DRLs+ABLs+SMDs, ZTA Rear Spoiler, R.Y. 1LE Splitter. Pfadt coilovers, camber plates, trailing arms, Pegasus Solid Subframe. Pedders ZL1 barz, radius arm & steering rack bushings. BMR adjustable toe-rods. Hotchkis Max Chassis Brace. ZL1 GMPP Driveline Upgrade. TurnOne P/S pump. CTS-V 6 pistons.
447 HP @ 6180 RPM / 418 TQ @ 5100 RPM
Avalnch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 12:51 AM   #10
IOM Black Diamond
HT5 COTW 1/21/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalnch View Post
That blue tape is manditory if you want to keep your paint intact.

I run the same tires as Erik (all be it on narrower rims) and my quater panels are taking a beating. Lots of pits all over. I think I'll start using the race tape from now on. The paint on our cars is so weak!! It's maddening.
I just went on a road trip and I did the same thing. The blue tape did not look that good on mine. I got some strange looks. but who cares my paint is worth the strange looks.
Old 06-15-2011, 08:50 AM   #11
thump426er

Drives: Z06
AWESOME!!! That really makes me want to take the car to some track days instead of the bike.
Very nice vid.
Thanks for sharing.
Old 06-15-2011, 09:47 AM   #12
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
And Mazda's for appetizers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtNMyTeeth View Post
What size tires are you running? And what brand are they?
Was it really necessary that you quote his entire post to ask that?

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 10:37 AM   #13
dmginc

Drives: In Circles
Quote:
Was it really necessary that you quote his entire post to ask that?
if he would have read what he quoted he would have found the answer to his question

CAI Cold Air Intake, BMR Strut Tower Brace, BMR 1.2" Lowering Springs
Gen5DIY Fog Lights, Big Worm Third Brake Light/Side Marker Tint (Charcoal)
GTS Tail Light Covers, Purple Under Hood Lighting
Magnaflow Resonated X-Pipe w/ Muffler Delete
Black Plasti Dipped Wheels, Z/28 Spoiler
dmginc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 10:55 AM   #14
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
lol, you're right. I didn't even catch that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik@Torq View Post

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaro, pfadt, torq