Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 12-03-2015, 10:05 AM   #1
ThePopo

Drives: 2010 Camaro
1le TRACK PACKAGE

Hey guys. I'm getting the V6 upgrade to the 1LE track package. Previously I was running SS struts with Eibach springs. I don't like how high the rear is on the 1LE. I seen some guys use Pedders springs in the rears only. How is the ride then? Should I get an all around lowering set or just the rears?
ThePopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 10:09 AM   #2
WIPLASH
WIPLASH

Drives: '15 SW/2SS/RS/1LE
If you're just after a wheel well delete, drop it an inch all the way around. I had 1" springs I was going to install on my 2SS, but decided not to drop my 1LE because the car is in perfect balance and I didn't want to upset the apple cart. Plus, it's a DD and the suspension is already stiff enough, even with Recaro's.
The ride will be stiffer and bumpier when you install springs. Your tolerance to that is subjective.
Old 12-03-2015, 11:36 AM   #3
White_SS/RS

Drives: 14 1LE
Are the springs you have SS springs or v6 springs? I would lean towards putting the Eibach springs on the 1LE dampers if they are for a v8.
Old 12-03-2015, 01:04 PM   #4
markgws6

Drives: 2019 Chevy Equinox Premier AWD
I agree with huligan on how good the standard 1LE setup is. The ride is not too harsh though with the pedders springs. Look for Matt's (Dropspeed)'s review of them for a reference on a true 1LE and what they will do with both setups. It will only be "slightly more" stiff than the stock 1LE setup. BTW, the stock 1LE setup uses SS "springs". It's stiffer due to thicker sway bars and differently valves shocks according to what I've read.
Old 12-03-2015, 02:54 PM   #5
ThePopo

I have the Eibach SS Springs.
Old 12-03-2015, 04:36 PM   #6
guerrillakilla13

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePopo View Post
Hey guys. I'm getting the V6 upgrade to the 1LE track package. Previously I was running SS struts with Eibach springs. I don't like how high the rear is on the 1LE. I seen some guys use Pedders springs in the rears only. How is the ride then? Should I get an all around lowering set or just the rears?
You're upgrading to a 1LE or youre upgrading the suspension on your V6? Cause if you get a 1LE, leave it alone. The suspension is already fantastic.
guerrillakilla13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 05:57 PM   #7
White_SS/RS

Drives: 14 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePopo View Post
I have the Eibach SS Springs.
Its your descression as to what you want to do. If the stance of the car and a higher level of performance is important to you then install the 1LE dampers with the Eibach springs. If you wont like a ride much firmer than what you currently have, stay with OEM springs. The 1LE dampers are valved firmer so they will feel like the car has more spring rate even with the OEM SS springs, adding lowering springs will further increase that firmness.

Dont worry about upsetting the balance. Most of the lowering springs have about a 50% increase in spring rate over the OEM's. 50% up front and 50% rear, or close to, since some go with a few percent firmer split to the the rear to help with understeer. Also since the 1LE struts are damped firmer this also makes them more capable of controlling a firmer spring.
Old 12-03-2015, 10:11 PM   #8
ThePopo

One thing I didn't like about the Eibach springs is that they don't sit tight on the strut. At least the early versions didn't. I did find some Pedders rears, no fronts though. If I could keep the stance the Eibachs have with a tight fitting spring on the perches that be great. BTW will lowering springs kill the warranty on the struts?