Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion

Old 11-06-2023, 08:42 AM   #1
Modernmusclecar

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Looking for better 60 ft times at the track.

Good morning everyone. I had a best 1.7 sixty foot in my fbo cammed..geared and stalled 2011 Camaro. It ran 11.7 in high heat and humidity. I'm.looking at upgrading my rear suspension. I know solid cradle bushings are a must but what else have you guys done to improve your launch? I'm on a budget because I was just quoted $7500 for solid rears and a tru track diff here in Canada. Thanks for any advice.
EPS CUSTOM GRIND CAM....K@N CAI....VMAX PTB.....FRANKENSTEIN STAGE 2 HEADS ...1 7/8 STAINLESS POWER CATTED LONGTUBE HEADERS...CORSA XTREME 3 INCH CATBACK.....CIRCLE D 3800 Pro Series stall...391 gears.....Ported/modded GPI intake .Forgestar drag pack with Mickey Thompson ET street drag radials AGP PERFORMANCE DYNO TUNED. 463 WHP 428 FTLBS TORQUE.
Modernmusclecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2023, 09:03 AM   #2
CamaroCracka

Drives: 2010 Turbo LS3
Here is what I have in my order of importance:

Solid cradle bushings
BMR trailing arms with poly bushings in the knuckles
BMR toe rods
BMR UCA bushings (the ones that bolt to the cradle not the knuckle)
Engery suspension diff bushings (I have some delrin units from BMR, but they were a bit harsh, will try them again next time rear is apart)
BMR sub-frame connectors
FE4 conversion

With an automatic, you might be able to get away with stock carrier for quite a while.

2011 Vert - 416/w 230/236 .612/.602 115lsa, 1LE suspension w/32mm rear bar. Z28 diff. ZL1 brakes.
CamaroCracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2023, 10:06 AM   #3
Modernmusclecar

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroCracka View Post
Here is what I have in my order of importance:

Solid cradle bushings
BMR trailing arms with poly bushings in the knuckles
BMR toe rods
BMR UCA bushings (the ones that bolt to the cradle not the knuckle)
Engery suspension diff bushings (I have some delrin units from BMR, but they were a bit harsh, will try them again next time rear is apart)
BMR sub-frame connectors
FE4 conversion

With an automatic, you might be able to get away with stock carrier for quite a while.
That's great info..thank you.
EPS CUSTOM GRIND CAM....K@N CAI....VMAX PTB.....FRANKENSTEIN STAGE 2 HEADS ...1 7/8 STAINLESS POWER CATTED LONGTUBE HEADERS...CORSA XTREME 3 INCH CATBACK.....CIRCLE D 3800 Pro Series stall...391 gears.....Ported/modded GPI intake .Forgestar drag pack with Mickey Thompson ET street drag radials AGP PERFORMANCE DYNO TUNED. 463 WHP 428 FTLBS TORQUE.
Modernmusclecar is offline   Reply With Quote