Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 06-08-2016, 08:12 PM   #1
Tmick5jr
Todd

Drives: 2012 Camaro
Service Stabilitrak and Flashing CEL

I have 45k miles on my lfx v6 Camaro and today for the second time in the past two months my car started shaking when coming down to idle. While it was shaking I got a flashing CEL and a service stabilitrak message. I was just wondering why its this is happening and how can I prevent it? Maybe a misfire? Start by changing out all the spark plugs? Both times this happened I just restarted my car and everything was fine, like it never even happened. Ever since day one, ive only used full synthetic mobil 1 oil, and nothing less than 93 octane since ive owned the car. I also have been using a catch can since the car was bought new. just wondering what steps I should take going forward. this same problem actually just happened to my neighbor today too so we could use the help. thanks
Tmick5jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 08:56 PM   #2
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
Don't spend money changing anything until you know what the diagnostic codes are. Call On Star or see your dealer.

BTW, why are you using 93 octane in a V6? It is of no benefit.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 09:21 PM   #3
Tmick5jr
Todd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock-It Man View Post
Don't spend money changing anything until you know what the diagnostic codes are. Call On Star or see your dealer.

BTW, why are you using 93 octane in a V6? It is of no benefit.
just got the code read P0300. Its a misfire code. that was using my buddys EFI Live tuning module. If I go to an auto parts store can they read it and tell me specifically which cylinder? his efi cant do that. and also my 36k warranty is up. Would this be covered under my 100k powertrain?
Old 06-08-2016, 11:47 PM   #4
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmick5jr View Post
just got the code read P0300. Its a misfire code. that was using my buddys EFI Live tuning module. If I go to an auto parts store can they read it and tell me specifically which cylinder? his efi cant do that. and also my 36k warranty is up. Would this be covered under my 100k powertrain?
Depends on your mods and your dealership.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ

Last edited by Dizzy82; 06-09-2016 at 10:13 AM. Reason: emphesis
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 01:26 AM   #5
Tmick5jr
Todd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy82 View Post
Depends on your mods and your dealership.
i don't get it. I did 4 passes at the track the other night and everything was fine. you'd think ide get the misfire when my foots to the floor right??
Old 06-09-2016, 09:16 AM   #6
JerTM

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
A p0300 only indicated the PCM has detected a misfire but not which specific cylinder/s. If you can get a misfire count for all cylinders you could locate which one/s have the highest count and go from there. Being a v6 I would suspect a coil given your description, but don't change any parts until you can be certain you are changing the correct part. Often on the 3.6 you'll get a misfire from a coil under certain conditions which can be hard to duplicate.
JerTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 10:56 PM   #7
KevHao

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2ss/RS LS3 6MT
Check the spark plugs. Same thing happened to my ss 3 times in 1 year due to a loose plug.
KevHao is offline   Reply With Quote