Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 05-22-2010, 11:32 AM   #1
xpanda305x
Banned

Drives: Dark Knight
Long Problem(s) GM techs or someone needed here...

Okay. here is my "everything problem" i've been dealing with on my camaro.

okay i bought my 2010 camaro Jan,2 2010 and it was bone stock from factory with only 9 miles on an LS.

the problems i've been having started ill say around march.. it all start going down hill. i started "modding" it. i added FOGLIGHTS , AUDIO SYSTEM ( composed of an amp and subwoofer) LED lights under the dash ( footwells ) change the dome light and the trunk light. and an exhaust...

and well it ran fine for a couple of weeks. but now im having all kind of problems. and my dealer hasnt been able to narrow it down.

first off. i have an engine code problem. ill get the code from the dealer in a couple of minutes. but i dont know what can be causing it...here is how it start...ill start the car ( it does it at random times ) and it will start like rough idling. sounds horrible and the DIC says " horse power to engine reduced" something similar to that. thats the engine problem im having.

im also having transmission problem. its a V6 M6 and im having the famous 2nd gear pop off , grind problems. the dealer would take care of this. just wanted to point it out .

and im having another weird problem. im getting the Service stabilitrak message on the DIC and a put window up and down messages...

Now what i think can be causing this...i think its either my alternator is already messed up or my battery isnt strong enough/powerful enough. or i need a bigger battery.

the dealer has told me that it can be the BCM or something. but i dont know what can be causing this. they told me that GM/Chevy doesnt cover the bcm or something like that. i dont know what the problem can be and my dealer doesnt know what it can be.

i also have a weak start. so im thinking it can be the battery or alternator....

so please someone help me out on this one. i cant believe what it is. i think that it can be a lemon law...oh and my brakes squeak ive gone for the 3rd time to the dealership. so i dont know what to do. please helppp!!!!!!!!!

I got the engine codes P2101 and P0606

Last edited by xpanda305x; 05-22-2010 at 05:56 PM.
xpanda305x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 11:54 AM   #2
Hebe4

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS M6
Are you sure it doesn't say going into "low battery power mode"? Does your compass disappear and then comes back as "Cal", prompts for window indexing? Most of the symptoms you describe sound like battery failure.
Hebe4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 12:55 PM   #3
SSMickey

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS
If it was in my bay, I would start by checking the battery first. A carbon pile load test is b.est. If the battery passes that, I would then check all the grounds. Hope this helps. Also, GM WILL cover the BCM is its bad. The 3/36 bumper to bumper warrenty thing comes to mind. Don't let the dealer BS you. If your not happy with there service, go elsewhere.
Old 05-22-2010, 01:30 PM   #4
xpanda305x
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebe4 View Post
Are you sure it doesn't say going into "low battery power mode"? Does your compass disappear and then comes back as "Cal", prompts for window indexing? Most of the symptoms you describe sound like battery failure.
the compass has done that twice that ive notice. some other times i dont notice. and yes it has almost every time asked for the window indexing. and no low battery thing.. im going to take it to autozone to test the battery. another question. whats the AVG voltage in the DIC reading for you guys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMickey View Post
If it was in my bay, I would start by checking the battery first. A carbon pile load test is b.est. If the battery passes that, I would then check all the grounds. Hope this helps. Also, GM WILL cover the BCM is its bad. The 3/36 bumper to bumper warrenty thing comes to mind. Don't let the dealer BS you. If your not happy with there service, go elsewhere.
well im going to have to go to another place i guess? but ill see. i will give maroone one more try. if not then im deff leaving them.

but the footwells couldnt be causing this right? because they think it is...

Thanks-- Panda
Old 05-22-2010, 04:22 PM   #5
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpanda305x View Post
...i added FOGLIGHTS , AUDIO SYSTEM ( composed of an amp and subwoofer) LED lights under the dash ( footwells ) change the dome light and the trunk light.
My first suggestion would be to disconnect all of these electrical add-ons that you've done and see if the issues continue. While these things may not seem related, they might be. Maybe you have a bad ground connection or a short somewhere. I'd say to start with the audio upgrades and disconnect all power wires.
Old 05-22-2010, 04:30 PM   #6
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolnslo View Post
My first suggestion would be to disconnect all of these electrical add-ons that you've done and see if the issues continue. While these things may not seem related, they might be. Maybe you have a bad ground connection or a short somewhere. I'd say to start with the audio upgrades and disconnect all power wires.
Exactly what he said. this is the first thing that popped into my head. You have a bad connection somewhere. Trace everything you had upgraded and either remove it and see if that fixes the issues or find you bad connection/ground. It all sounds slectrical. This is why I dont mess with electronics.
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 04:32 PM   #7
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
but the footwells couldnt be causing this right? because they think it is...

Thanks-- Panda
Yes, yes they could... see above. Disconnect all that stuff and take it to another dealer.
Old 05-22-2010, 04:53 PM   #8
xpanda305x
Banned

by disconnet you mean to just take it off the power cable to the batter right? lmao.

also i was driving and see my battery voltage is at 12.3-12.9 highest. startup-idle-driving.
Old 05-22-2010, 05:01 PM   #9
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Just remove it, like it was never there, go back to stock and make sure everythign is put back correctly. You didnt have to cut any wires did you?

OH... and have them merge this thread with the other one.
Old 05-22-2010, 06:28 PM   #10
xpanda305x
Banned

i discovered the codes.

p2101 and p0606
Old 05-24-2010, 05:36 AM   #11
xpanda305x
Banned

Well its going to the dealership
Old 05-24-2010, 09:32 AM   #12
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
Quote:
by disconnet you mean to just take it off the power cable to the batter right? lmao.

also i was driving and see my battery voltage is at 12.3-12.9 highest. startup-idle-driving.
That does not seem right for when the car is running! I think it should be much higher for a 12V battery under charge. Good luck and keep us posted!
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 01:59 PM   #13
O2BQIK

Drives: 1991 Camaro RS
I agree with everyone else...probably a short or other unknown electrical problem due to the changes you've made. Did you install all that stuff yourself? If not, I'd have it back to whoever installed it to fix it. Seems to me it's not really a warranty issue except of course for the transmission issue you mentioned.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:55 PM   #14
xpanda305x
Banned

no it cant be. because the fact is the only cable i touched was the K9 BCM for the dome light led light...kinda like AAC styles light..the footwells...

and the others are off other things....i think my alternator is bad or my batttery at the most.

but we said that we might call it a lemon because the fact its been in the shop for 3 day and then 3 weeks later or so its going in again for some more odd days. and even longer...

cars only been running for 3ish months. and all these problems?