Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 11-03-2010, 11:21 PM   #1
kaos_ss

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
L99 Problems

I love reading the posts on this site and I wasn't going to post my story, but I've got to vent my frustration somehow.

About 2 months ago I started having problems with the car. It had about 3000 miles on it. While driving it felt like it would get "stuck" between gears and have a really bad vibration throughout the car. It did it both in Auto or when using the Paddles. So I take it into the dealer and they say they can't find a problem with it.

I'm going to skip the back and forth trips to the dealer, but I eventually had to send an email to GM. So they set up an appointment at the dealer and have a technician drive with me. During the test drive the while using the paddles the car gets stuck in 3rd and vibrates really bad. The technician felt it and acknowledged the problem. YES!! Finally, I thought this would get solved.

So they keep my car and a few days later they tell me it needs a new transmission. I'm bummed but whatever it takes to fix it. Then they tell me after removing the transmission they are going to just replace some parts in the transmission. But of course the parts will take about a week to come in. The parts got here on Friday and was promised the car on Monday, November 1. Monday it wasn't ready. Promised to me on Tuesday. Tuesday it wasn't ready. Promised to me on Wednesday. So I go to the dealer today and they tell me they replaced the parts and put the car together but during their test drive the problem is still there. And after speaking to GM about they acknowledge there is a problem but do NOT have a solution for it. So I have to take the car as is; but for me to rest assure if they ever find a solution I will get a call to have it fixed. And even though they don't know what the problem is they can tell me it is not damaging the car.

I CAN NOT believe this. How is this even possible. We can't fix your problem so tough luck. I was so upset I told them I didn't want the car. I told them to give me a trade in value and give me a new car. So I ended up buying a new 2011 SS. The car has to be delivered from another lot so I didn't take it home today. But as I sit here I'm so upset with myself.

Why should I buy a new car..when the car I have doesn't work!!! I gave ten thousand down and essentially that is lost.
kaos_ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 11:31 PM   #2
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
wow, that is definitely not right what they did to you, I can't believe that they know there is a problem and they just say to deal with it, I would find another dealership, you should not have had to buy a new Camaro, you should call back GM.
Old 11-03-2010, 11:42 PM   #3
winston2ss
YDLYLB

Drives: Cgm 2ssrs
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SSRS View Post
wow, that is definitely not right what they did to you, I can't believe that they know there is a problem and they just say to deal with it, I would find another dealership, you should not have had to buy a new Camaro, you should call back GM.
I agree. Good luck with everything.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:56 AM   #4
ArkySS
Camaroless for now...

Drives: 2014 Blue Topaz Silverado
Ouch! Good luck!
Old 11-04-2010, 04:25 PM   #5
tjh

Drives: blue
I had a 1999 corvette that they couldn't fix an engine vibration and water leaking in side. I only had my car at my house 5 out of 13 months. I did the lemon law process and got all my money back. They only get 3 attempts to fix a problem, check into it. I did it without a lawyer, just filed papers.
tjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 05:45 PM   #6
buzzy56
buzzy56

Drives: 2ss summit white L99
sad to hear this

I am sad to here this.They should do everything possible to remedy this situation.Change the transmission and or whatever else is necessary.One attempt by the dealer is not enough.They the dealer and GM need to step up and do what is right!
Old 11-04-2010, 11:31 PM   #7
kaos_ss

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Update

Wow! I was really upset last night when I posted my story and after reading it now it sounds childish.

Here is the bottom line...My car is acting up; something isn't right. The dealer attempted to repair it and according to them, they or GM do NOT have a solution to the process. And according to them I can't do anything about it. I have to keep it. It is my car.

I called GM. I spoke to several people. I told them I couldn't accept that. Everyone washed their hands; they said it was up to the dealer. Today I asked for help with my trade in; the new car doesn't have stripes, doesn't have tint, doesn't have the premium sound system and I asked for help with the stripes and tint. Again I was turned down.

I finally called the dealer and asked to speak to the owner/GM. He listened to my story and ultimately said that he was aware of the situation and wish he could help but there was nothing he could do. He went on to say that when I bought the car I entered into an agreement and I couldn't just back out of it. He also said that buying a car isn't like buying something at Wal Mart where I could return it because I didn't like it.

After the conversation I wasn't upset. I don't think I have anymore energy to be upset. I am truly saddened by the fact that despite me pleading for help nobody wanted to step up to the plate.

I was told that my new car would be in tomorrow. So tomorrow I'm going to the dealer and picking up my new SS. What should be an exciting day will feel more like a defeat. Somehow the dealer got to sell me a car, find it defective, admit they can't repair it, and sell me ANOTHER car.

Thanks to everybody that read my story and thanks for the well wishes...!!
kaos_ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 11:43 PM   #8
Entaille

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS
I think you approached this wrong and gave up a fight that you could have won.. :/

I wouldn't even consider buying another car. you're essentially giving them more money to get rid of a problem that the new car could very well experience as well.

Entaille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 11:49 PM   #9
HeaterMan

Drives: 2018 PP GT
i could be wrong but i think until you actually take delivery you have not purchased the car.
HeaterMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 09:11 AM   #10
tjh

Drives: blue
LEMON LAW!!!! They only have 3 attempts to get it right and then you get your money back. I did it with a 1999 corvette. It was easier than I thought.
tjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 10:23 AM   #11
nachocheese

Drives: 1LT RS, SIM
Man, they are stealing money from you. You have legal rights. You can get a lawyer involved for a lot less than $10K.
nachocheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 10:25 AM   #12
nachocheese

Drives: 1LT RS, SIM
By they way, what dealer is this? I'm sure people might want to stay away from somebody that does business this way.
nachocheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 10:32 AM   #13
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
I'll bet those f**kers at that dealer love you.

Last edited by midnighter; 11-13-2010 at 11:08 AM.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 10:39 AM   #14
Indpowr
Account Suspended

Drives: Corvette C6
If you still not happy ask for a Region Rep for the dealership and let them know.
Indpowr is offline   Reply With Quote