Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

View Poll Results: Which brand of exhaust?
Slp 7 7.22%
Borla 33 34.02%
Corsa 25 25.77%
Magnaflow 12 12.37%
Flowmaster 13 13.40%
Stainless Works 7 7.22%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-21-2011, 11:15 PM   #43
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
What does your age have to do with modding your car?

SMFH no need to brag about it to us.
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 11:23 PM   #44
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Dynatech 1 7/8 , High Flow cats and Flowmaster 3 inch exhaust, louder the better.
Old 06-21-2011, 11:28 PM   #45
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
Keep the stock gas tank lookers FTW.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 11:31 PM   #46
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Why did you post your age in the title?

Every punk kid that got a Camaro from his parents already started all their threads with "I'm only 12 and already have an SS" or "world's youngest Camaro owner?" or "I got for free what you work hard to pay for, and I'm only going to abuse it!" so unfortunately, your fun has already been ruined. Lead off advertising how young you are, and no one's going to be impressed or happy for you. They'll just leave you waiting for straight answers, and looking like this. Myself included. Sorry.

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 11:43 PM   #47
TheClassicCarKid

Drives: V45
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuhKoDuh View Post
and no, cams are out of the picture.way too pricy.
How much do you think headers cost?

Catback might be the way to go for you since you seem to not care as much about the performance side of the equation. It'll give you a nice sound and is much more wallet-friendly

Last edited by TheClassicCarKid; 06-22-2011 at 02:17 AM.
TheClassicCarKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 01:00 AM   #48
LS 1st gen
Kept the Faith.

Drives: 2010 VR 2SS
Send a message via AIM to LS 1st gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuhKoDuh View Post
dude, i dont understand, why do you have to criticize? i dont know what makes you think im a cocky errogant spoiled rich kid? i am just blessed. I dont get why there has to be some type of comment about my age driving a 37k car. but whatever, im just letting you know, im very thankful for what i have and appreciate every minute of it. the only reason i even mentioned my age was because i was pretty much saying that im new to the sports car world and new to the parts that go along with it.
Blessed huh? Here's some advice...

Read some mags, browse the forums, LEARN about cars in general. What kind of car did you learn to drive in? Did it have even half of the 426 HP that your brand new pride and joy makes?

Do you know how to recover from a skid? Handle oversteer? Modulate throttle for traction?

Do you know why a cam or headers result in a more aggressive exhaust note?

Do you care?

My point is, and I think many would agree with me..... you've been handed the keys to a car that most 16 year olds never get to sit in, much less drive. It's a big responsibility and you need to take a step back and realize what you're getting into. Cars are great and you'll love this one...but just take it easy man.
Old 06-22-2011, 05:00 AM   #49
klatterblast

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ssrs blk.
You only live once go for it kid just be very careful . Arh/borla stingers

Magnuson TVS2300,ported heads,cam,Hotchkis suspension. Weld 17”s, Mickey Thompson’s.
klatterblast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 08:00 AM   #50
camaromoe

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS Aqua Blue
if you want loud go with arh.....the headers alone will make it crazy loud and you get some really nice hp numbers .....just hit up nick at arh.....
camaromoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 10:48 AM   #51
TSSUNAMI
It was ninety nine cents!

Drives: 2014 Jeep Wrangler
OP, some suggestions for you.

1. Don't post your age. Especially since you are a minor. Also because for some reason, people hate seeing a young kid with a nice car. They have the right to feel that way, but why open yourself to be judged.

2. Try the search button. Or just do what I did and immerse yourself in the vast wealth of information on these forums. I'm twice your age and went into this about a year ago knowing NOTHING about these cars. Now I know enough to get me in trouble, but I'm still learning. Learning, is part of the fun.

3. The other members directed you to the exhaust video links, keep in mind that many of them sound much different in person.

Good luck with the car. Hope you enjoy it.
Old 06-22-2011, 02:42 PM   #52
JohnnyComeLately

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
Another thing I'd pay attention to is quality of build. You mention cams are too pricey so I'm assuming you don't want to throw away good money after bad. A poorly built header will rust and look like junk quickly. Some will also give you fits during installation. This 5th Gen looks insanely easier to mod than my 97 Trans Am (built just after you started walking hahahaha ) but its never fun re-doing a mod much less dealing with headers that just won't line up (or hit stuff, etc).

I'm not sure if you're putting them on yourself, but some other things to consider besides just the exhaust tone.

A good friend of mine had an insurance settlement or something which enabled him to buy a brand new Formula Firebird with the 350 V-8 when he was in high school. People just hate. Ignore it. When I read your title, I understood you mentioned age just so people new you were a noob. Hating on you just because you put 16 in the title means people are either A) insecure B) tolerate others who bash due to their insecurity. It's not like you came in here and said, "Hey this is my first car, and I plan to roll it 20 times on the freeway, total it out and then go buy a Ferrarri. Good luck with your peasant lives, bishes"

To be honest, I admire ya for putting it out there. Most 16 year olds would assume they know it all and just do whatever they felt, or their buddies suggested. A sign of maturity is having the humility to concede you don't know it all and look to others for help. So good on ya... If it were me, I'm part smart ass so I'd pre-pend to every thread I'd post from this point forward, "I'm 16:..." and then just delete every PM that isn't a reply or has a subject relevant to something I needed.

Back on point: SLP is a great company and so I support them whenever I can. I'd suggest their shorties. JBA Long tubes were awesome on my supercharged Trans Am and I had them JetHot coated. You might consider coating them to reduce heat, etc.
Old 06-22-2011, 04:48 PM   #53
automatic1221

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS
get your Kooks or ARH headers, 3 inch full exhaust with a medium level exhaust (sound wise.. and a brand that you like), then go get the QTP cutouts.

1) you can encounter huge problems with your exhaust being too loud ie: neighbors and cops by getting TOO much attention

2) cut outs are something that not many people have and there is a wow factor with it

3) with the cut outs closed your car sounds custom, but isnt too loud for longer trips (drone from the exhaust)

4) once you open the cut outs all hell will break loose, but once its time to fly under the raydar just close them and go on about your business.

Oh yeah... just be sure to have it tuned
automatic1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 04:59 PM   #54
DuhKoDuh

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS (Black) L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDragonSS View Post
Dude stop Hating.... Who cares if he's 16... Post like these ruin all the good things you've contributed to this forum... Like it or not he's got the car now support him rather than hating on his so called status.. Were talking a Camaro here not a ferrari...

For exhaust the best sounding exhaust I've heard is the Borla Attack...
Good luck and enjoy...
thank you man!
DuhKoDuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 05:00 PM   #55
DuhKoDuh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone★ColdNuts View Post
OP, some suggestions for you.

1. Don't post your age. Especially since you are a minor. Also because for some reason, people hate seeing a young kid with a nice car. They have the right to feel that way, but why open yourself to be judged.

2. Try the search button. Or just do what I did and immerse yourself in the vast wealth of information on these forums. I'm twice your age and went into this about a year ago knowing NOTHING about these cars. Now I know enough to get me in trouble, but I'm still learning. Learning, is part of the fun.

3. The other members directed you to the exhaust video links, keep in mind that many of them sound much different in person.

Good luck with the car. Hope you enjoy it.
thanks for the advice!
Old 06-22-2011, 05:02 PM   #56
DuhKoDuh

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyComeLately View Post
Another thing I'd pay attention to is quality of build. You mention cams are too pricey so I'm assuming you don't want to throw away good money after bad. A poorly built header will rust and look like junk quickly. Some will also give you fits during installation. This 5th Gen looks insanely easier to mod than my 97 Trans Am (built just after you started walking hahahaha ) but its never fun re-doing a mod much less dealing with headers that just won't line up (or hit stuff, etc).

I'm not sure if you're putting them on yourself, but some other things to consider besides just the exhaust tone.

A good friend of mine had an insurance settlement or something which enabled him to buy a brand new Formula Firebird with the 350 V-8 when he was in high school. People just hate. Ignore it. When I read your title, I understood you mentioned age just so people new you were a noob. Hating on you just because you put 16 in the title means people are either A) insecure B) tolerate others who bash due to their insecurity. It's not like you came in here and said, "Hey this is my first car, and I plan to roll it 20 times on the freeway, total it out and then go buy a Ferrarri. Good luck with your peasant lives, bishes"

To be honest, I admire ya for putting it out there. Most 16 year olds would assume they know it all and just do whatever they felt, or their buddies suggested. A sign of maturity is having the humility to concede you don't know it all and look to others for help. So good on ya... If it were me, I'm part smart ass so I'd pre-pend to every thread I'd post from this point forward, "I'm 16:..." and then just delete every PM that isn't a reply or has a subject relevant to something I needed.

Back on point: SLP is a great company and so I support them whenever I can. I'd suggest their shorties. JBA Long tubes were awesome on my supercharged Trans Am and I had them JetHot coated. You might consider coating them to reduce heat, etc.
thanks alot man, great advice!

Tags
arh, exhaust videos, headers, loudmouth, slp