Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 08-27-2012, 04:56 PM   #10207
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
I really really hate writing resumes......

ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 05:04 PM   #10208
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Remember "accomplishments" are what's important.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 06:19 PM   #10209
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post

Mac,

Feel free to send me a draft copy. It would be a pleasure helping you put your best foot forward. PGB@PeddersUSA.com
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 06:59 PM   #10210
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
One would have to wonder if an innocent man should have the need to defend himself against baseless accusations.
One would think not, but anyone can accuse you of anything in our country. From a litigation standpoint companies pay lawyers or settlements simply for being accused of their products being defective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
At some point the money runs out when defending yourself.
I think he simply cut his losses at this point. Even if he won, he would still be haunted by this for the rest of his life. So a lose lose or win lose situation in some regards.

Roger Clemens was not found guilty and he hasn't had to face a kangaroo USADA fiasco but many still believe he is guilty of using PEDs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post

It's the path to glory and riches. Short of knowing someone with a great job opening, it's the only game in town.

Quote:
Remember "accomplishments" are what's important.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Mac,

Feel free to send me a draft copy. It would be a pleasure helping you put your best foot forward. PGB@PeddersUSA.com
Me too also.
Old 08-27-2012, 07:44 PM   #10211
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Lance Armsrong?

I guess every athlete that has had to pass drug tests now needs to make sure no one will jump and still testify they saw, heard or knew someone who saw or heard you actually did it invalidates 500 drug tests.

Not saying he didn't use PEDs. It's hard to imagine that in the hey day of doped up bike racers that he was by far the best of them all .................. and didn't use them himself.

He is not my hero by any means, but I did and still do admire what he accomplished.

But this just doesn't smell right to me. Especially when you hear that every one lined up to testify was already peanalized for doping (with the motive of "hey I'm not so bad if it turns out the best guy did too, right?") or that the other were offered deals they would only receive 6 month bans from cycling if they testified vs. the normal 2 years (sure I'll say he did it for that).

There I'm done.

We'll see how this goes. I think publicly most had already decided if they thought he did or didn't.

By the way how does this come across?

Lance Armstrong - "I am innocent but I choose not go forward with this unfair process"

USADA - "Thank you for admitting you are guilty, Mr. Armstrong. We will now strip you of all your titles"
The USADA process.

Mr. Armstrong, when did you stop beating your wife.

Mr. Armstrong, our secret sources reports you have abused children in a steroid rage.

Mr. Armstrong, an anonymous source presented evidence you are responsible for the Kennedy assassination and the Wiki leaks.

Feel free to defend yourself now that we have already determined you are guilty.

Guilty until Proven Innocent. OBSCENE. Smacks of McCarthyism. A disgraceful example of our protected rights taken away with complete disregard for our founding documents. In order to compete in a sport, you must sign a document that waives your basic fundamental rights. Be ware of an organization that makes claims like this:

With the vision to be the guardian of the values and life lessons learned through true sport

I don't need any organization to be the guardian of my anything. The guilt or innocence of either Armstrong or Clemens is irrelevant. Their predicaments speak to larger issues.

Why would the US Government validate an organization like the USADA?

Can someone please explain why the government spent so many tax dollars chasing Mr. Clemens only to throw it away in the most incompetent and unprofessional prosecution on record?

These are examples of the government gifting our rights away to a private organization, trampling our rights and wasting our tax dollars. While we discuss the guilt or innocence of either Clemens or Armstrong, we fail to focus on the real issues at hand. Each and every day private agendas and government action erode your basic rights. I for one have no tolerance for the Mayor of New York telling me what I should eat or drink. If I choose to drive a car with 2,000 RWHP that is my decision and it should not be taxed to modify my behavior. With all the pressing issues facing our Federal Government they have absolutely no business investigating steroids in baseball while they legislate health care for the citizens at this level and have special health care for the privileged few in government that is ridiculously extravagant by comparison.

These people are smart. They have us debating Obama-care vs Republican-care while they get the BEST care money can buy and we get the crumbs that fall off the table.

We discuss did he or didn't he instead of why is the government involved at all.

I better stop here before I get too far astray from the

Last edited by JusticePete; 08-27-2012 at 07:58 PM.
Old 08-27-2012, 07:49 PM   #10212
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Which brings me full circle (see below)

Quote:
Pretty much the world is broken...
Old 08-27-2012, 08:14 PM   #10213
JusticePete

Quote:
Which brings me full circle (see below)
Did you forget I am from a tough neighborhood in Chicago?

So much for jokes.

Even this evil is productive of good. It prevents the degeneracy of government, and nourishes a general attention to the public affairs. I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical.

Thomas Jefferson

It is well past time that we take responsibility for our elected officials and hold them accountable. This is not a party lines matter. It is incumbent on all of us as citizens to verify our elected representatives do what we elected them to do. We must take responsibility and communicate to them what we approve of and what we disapprove of.

I can't remember the CEOs name from Motorola when he said: what gets inspected gets respected.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:26 PM   #10214
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
The guy blood doped, no way around it in my mind, sophisticated as it was.....I'm not buyin the woe is me cover deal....it's everywhere amongst our "heros'" in sport. He caved and took an exit door to avoid a head on pile up on him. He should have just came out and admitted it. Instead he grabbing for the kleenex box. Livestrong. All were conned. A new reality TV show is in the works I guess. My 02. Sorry to be controversial.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:38 PM   #10215
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
...sorry but I missed this. I am a baseball guy. Beside's Camaro's, it's what I love and know the best. Without boring everyone, I would like to say Roger Clemen's is a cheater of the first magnitude, and dirtier than two week old road snow. The only difference between him and Bond's, is that Bond's incriminating evidence came out as a Grand Jury leak. They both swore they were clean. Too bad good 'ol Roger didn't have sealed testimony that was leaked like Barry's. Arrogant above the law mentality irks me. If you lie to the Gov of course perjury charges will haunt you. However, some of the sharpest tools do not always litigate for the Gov. Once again, sorry for the controversy.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:27 PM   #10216
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
My view on the Armstong debacle is why did it take so long to find "evidence" that he was doping? The accusations against him weren't strong at first because they were making a ton of money off of him. Any drug test I've ever heard of the samples are examined once with a simple outcome, positive or negative. How many years has it been and now the results have changed? Maybe he was doping and if he was it doesn't effect me much either way it's just that drugs in sports aren't worth the time of getting our government involved. Sports institutions have their own process. If it doesn't work there are plenty of other things in this country worth fixing first.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:31 PM   #10217
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
...sorry but I missed this. I am a baseball guy. Beside's Camaro's, it's what I love and know the best. Without boring everyone, I would like to say Roger Clemen's is a cheater of the first magnitude, and dirtier than two week old road snow. The only difference between him and Bond's, is that Bond's incriminating evidence came out as a Grand Jury leak. They both swore they were clean. Too bad good 'ol Roger didn't have sealed testimony that was leaked like Barry's. Arrogant above the law mentality irks me. If you lie to the Gov of course perjury charges will haunt you. However, some of the sharpest tools do not always litigate for the Gov. Once again, sorry for the controversy.
Quote:
The guy blood doped, no way around it in my mind, sophisticated as it was.....I'm not buyin the woe is me cover deal....it's everywhere amongst our "heros'" in sport. He caved and took an exit door to avoid a head on pile up on him. He should have just came out and admitted it. Instead he grabbing for the kleenex box. Livestrong. All were conned. A new reality TV show is in the works I guess. My 02. Sorry to be controversial.
As I frequently remind everyone on C5, I am from Chicago. The courts cleared the 'Black' Sox and yet the Baseball Commissioner banned the players for the good of the game. Professional baseball is not a sport. It is a business regulated by the Commissioner of Baseball. The business of baseball conveniently turned a blind eye to the use of steroids while the home runs filled seats and boosted television ratings. It was all about money and had nothing to do with the integrity of the game.

The congressional steroid hearings were nothing more that the government finding yet another way to attempt to regulate an industry. Please notice they singled out players and not the owners with real wealth and power.

Armstrong has been convicted or cleared depending on perspective. It doesn't matter. Armstrong's guilt or innocence are red herrings in the debate over core issues. Let me count the ways his rights were trampled by the USADA.

Amendment IV

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Amendment V

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

Amendment VI

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence.

Amendment VII

In Suits at common law, where the value in controversy shall exceed twenty dollars, the right of trial by jury shall be preserved, and no fact tried by a jury, shall be otherwise re-examined in any Court of the United States, than according to the rules of the common law.

Amendment X

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people

The Olympics are not sport. The Olympics are big business that the USADA is attempting to regulate. Private non-profits are not agencies empowered by any state or federal law to regulate business. That did not prevent the USADA from moving from the Olympics to Cycling which again is a business and not a sport.

From the USADA website: The U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) is the national anti-doping organization for the Olympic movement in the United States.

Athletes are pawns. The real 'players' are never on the field.
Old 08-28-2012, 12:32 AM   #10218
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
So all tests that come back clean while he is competing means nothing to you? UCI dropped their investigation and even said the USADA is out of bounds with this. from what I've read the UCI controls the tour de france. . .

This is a vendetta against him by one man. Testing at all hours at his house and passing everyone. but promis team mates they won't be banned if they side with you and say he doped. All evidence the USADA says they have is hearsay and would be thrown out of court. Just because you believed he did doesn't mean he did, and there is no hard evidence that shows he did. and in this country you are innocent until proven guilty.

So because he's tired of fighting the USADA after years he must be guilty in your book? sorry I just don't agree with you. if the evidence showed other wise I would agree with you.

Just because other cyclists that did dope and couldn't keep up with him doesn't mean he did. it makes you think he did, but for all we know he just trained that much harder then them. Oh well think what you want to. doesn't make you right.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:21 AM   #10219
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
helping you put your best foot forward.

I see what you did there.....

ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:57 AM   #10220
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Quote:
As I frequently remind everyone on C5, I am from Chicago. The courts cleared the 'Black' Sox and yet the Baseball Commissioner banned the players for the good of the game. Professional baseball is not a sport. It is a business regulated by the Commissioner of Baseball. The business of baseball conveniently turned a blind eye to the use of steroids while the home runs filled seats and boosted television ratings. It was all about money (and power) and had nothing to do with the integrity of the game.

The congressional steroid hearings were nothing more that the government finding yet another way to attempt to regulate an industry. Please notice they singled out players and not the owners with real wealth and power.

Armstrong has been convicted or cleared depending on perspective. It doesn't matter. Armstrong's guilt or innocence are red herrings in the debate over core issues. Let me count the ways his rights were trampled by the USADA.

Amendment IV

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Amendment V

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

Amendment VI

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence.

Amendment VII

In Suits at common law, where the value in controversy shall exceed twenty dollars, the right of trial by jury shall be preserved, and no fact tried by a jury, shall be otherwise re-examined in any Court of the United States, than according to the rules of the common law.

Amendment X

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people

The Olympics are not sport. The Olympics are big business that the USADA is attempting to regulate. Private non-profits are not agencies empowered by any state or federal law to regulate business. That did not prevent the USADA from moving from the Olympics to Cycling which again is a business and not a sport.

From the USADA website: The U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) is the national anti-doping organization for the Olympic movement in the United States.

Athletes are pawns. The real 'players' are never on the field.
This is where the world is. :(

Tags
"number z", 2014 700hp z/28, 3/27/2013, 75k, super de duper z thread, thread for the zed, what'z up?, where's our z/28, why no big z?, z/28 spring 2014