Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-30-2012, 07:24 PM   #15
MS3DALE

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3/6M Litho#190
Quote:
Originally Posted by turleylox View Post
When Can We Order this Car???
Orders start being accepted November 1st,with production beginning First quarter January 2013.

'11 IOM 2SS/RS LS3/6M HURST - Roto-Fab CAI-Kook's LTs-CORSA-Black Bear tuned
Proud Litho owner #190 - Homecoming Litho #120
'15 SILVERADO Z71 1500 LTZ Crew Cab - 6.2 "Midnight Edition" -Airaid intake-CORSA
MS3DALE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:07 PM   #16
INTENSS

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
There have been many positive reviews on the bright blue applied to the hot wheels Camaro. What is its name, and is there any chance of it becoming a regular production color?

David Ross: “It’s called Kinetic Blue. It’s a one-time offering special paint color on the Hot Wheels Car. It’s an incredibly vibrant blue, very pure and bright. In comparison, Aqua blue had a lot more green in it. This is a very pure blue.“
That's unfortunate. I guess we're not getting this color unless we want to spend $7000 for some kids' toys logos slapped all over it.

2017 Camaro ZL1
2002 Camaro SS 35th LE - Sold
1987 Monte Carlo SS
INTENSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:12 PM   #17
george
ZL1 Driver

Drives: Camaro ZL1 & BMW M3/E92
Light blue such as Kinetic and Aqua Blue enhances the lines of the car in my opinion.

George
george is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:25 PM   #18
lee93

Drives: 93 Z Festival 42 and Trucks 4 & 64
I like it a lot. Can someone score me a 1:64th at the show please.
lee93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:36 PM   #19
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68vert View Post
There have been many positive reviews on the bright blue applied to the hot wheels Camaro. What is its name, and is there any chance of it becoming a regular production color?

David Ross: “It’s called Kinetic Blue. It’s a one-time offering special paint color on the Hot Wheels Car.

O please tell me its not true...
Unfortunately, no. :(

This color is reserved exclusively for the Hot Wheels car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Char1ieone View Post
Fantastic interview from Roth and Felix. I love how the only things that are different from this edition Camaro to the SEMA Concept from last year only the hood, paint, and wheels. The paint like they said was definitely not feasible, the hood is something that I can see later on in the aftermarket word maybe recreate, but the wheels from the concept camn easily be created by just getting the 1LE/ZL1 light weights, machine the surface and pinstripe the inner of it and BAM! I love the idea of them pushing for VIN id'd die-casts of the Camaro along with the purchase. Clever idea and definitely something that would have been argued for if it wasn't included in the final product. I most definitely will be looking out for those samll editions of the new HW Edition die cats to add to my 5th Gen Camaro Hot Wheels collection. Again, great interview!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MY1STCAMAR0 View Post
Thank you for the interview. That explains of alot of unanswered questions and complaints I had in regards to why the spectraflame Camaro had alot of cosmetics things I liked that the Hot Wheels edition did not carry over.

He said everything else was not feasible. Even the white Camaro photo'd by Phastek has better looking rims that should have been on the Hot Wheels edition. If those came with it, I would definitely be looking at ways to upgrade. I just can't pull the trigger on it at the moment...only time will tell.
Thanks!

The two guys were fun to talk to! Very into their product, and excited about their work!
Old 10-31-2012, 07:31 PM   #20
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
Just bring back ABM then. There was nothing wrong with ABM, every time I see one I want one.

I think ABM with white rally stripes is one of the sharpest 5th gens built to date.
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 07:44 PM   #21
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell James View Post
Just bring back ABM then. There was nothing wrong with ABM, every time I see one I want one.

I think ABM with white rally stripes is one of the sharpest 5th gens built to date.
I think this was mentioned in another thread...though maybe not about Aqua Blue. At this point in the game, they'd have to discontinue a current color to bring Aqua Blue back. And as sharp as the color was...I think even Synergy Green sold more cars....
Old 10-31-2012, 08:11 PM   #22
ALLTRBO

Drives: V8 up front and 7-spd out back FTW
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee93 View Post
Easier than that, here you go...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI...OC:MOTORS:3160
ALLTRBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:40 AM   #23
Mike C

Drives: 2014 Buick Regal GS AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee93 View Post
They should start showing up in stores any time. Just keep checking. Why pay $5 for shipping for a $1 car????
Mike C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:14 AM   #24
Zorns

Drives: ?
Like it......but $7000 seems like a lot of cash for limited edition paint and badging.
Zorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:21 AM   #25
monstertodd

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Metallic 2SS/RS M6
I have literally been mind f#$%@d by GM. I just cannot believe they are not releasing this blue for regular production.

I hate to crap on this thread like I have the others, and I apologize to the other members and forum mods, but I just cannot contain my anger and disappointment at GM.
monstertodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:12 AM   #26
ALLTRBO

Drives: V8 up front and 7-spd out back FTW
I'm equally frustrated about the blue thing (I've wanted a blue like this all along. I've bought two new 5thgens since early 2010, both would have been a color like this if available).
Keep in mind, however, that GM probably has some kind of contract with Mattel that might keep this particular blue (Kinetic Blue Metallic) exclusive to the Hot Wheels edition.

That being said, I don't understand why they won't, and haven't, made one just like this available.

F-bod Father (Sp?) Said in an older thread (I don't have time to look it up right now) that medium blues don't usually sell well, and that's why they don't offer one. From what I gather, GM keeps using ABM as the excuse for the Camaro, saying that not enough people wanted that color to justify the expense of having it. Of course, they didn't even give it a chance in my opinion, but even if they did, a lot of people don't like the AQUA in Aqua Blue Metallic and would rather have BLUE Blue Metallic. (BBM? heh...)

Maybe next year?
ALLTRBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:32 AM   #27
INTENSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstertodd View Post
I have literally been mind f#$%@d by GM. I just cannot believe they are not releasing this blue for regular production.

I hate to crap on this thread like I have the others, and I apologize to the other members and forum mods, but I just cannot contain my anger and disappointment at GM.
No need to apologize, I feel your frustration. The only blue they have now might as well be black, it's ridiculous. Then when GM shows up with an absolutely beautiful blue that's actually being applied to a Camaro, they say nah, only if you pony up $7000 and get these Hot Wheels logos too. You know, the emblems on the car aren't even the bad part (you can pluck them right off), it's the embroidered seats that kill me...and the $7000 price tag to get it. Have I mentioned I'd prefer to have this color available on the 1LE?

2017 Camaro ZL1
1987 Monte Carlo SS
Old 11-02-2012, 11:38 AM   #28
INTENSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLTRBO View Post
I'm equally frustrated about the blue thing (I've wanted a blue like this all along. I've bought two new 5thgens since early 2010, both would have been a color like this if available).
Keep in mind, however, that GM probably has some kind of contract with Mattel that might keep this particular blue (Kinetic Blue Metallic) exclusive to the Hot Wheels edition.

That being said, I don't understand why they won't, and haven't, made one just like this available.

F-bod Father (Sp?) Said in an older thread (I don't have time to look it up right now) that medium blues don't usually sell well, and that's why they don't offer one. From what I gather, GM keeps using ABM as the excuse for the Camaro, saying that not enough people wanted that color to justify the expense of having it. Of course, they didn't even give it a chance in my opinion, but even if they did, a lot of people don't like the AQUA in Aqua Blue Metallic and would rather have BLUE Blue Metallic. (BBM? heh...)

Maybe next year?
I too would assume there's an agreement with Mattel to use this color only on the Hot Wheels car, and that's a shame. But I also agree with your second assessment - that the aqua portion of ABM was its downfall. I like ABM from its more "blue angles" but don't at all like the green-ish tint it has from others. Unfortunately, I know what's going to happen...I'm going to order an IOM 1LE here in a couple of months and then a blue will come out next Fall....typical.

2017 Camaro ZL1
1987 Monte Carlo SS