Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2014 Camaro5 Fest (V)

Old 02-05-2014, 11:15 AM   #57
2K11SS
Bayou City Muscle Cars

Drives: 11 Camaro SS LSX & 12 Corvette GS
Location: When you get to the middle of nowhere keep going I live past that
Mike,

Put in some class in between Super Modified and Modified. Otherwise the Super Mod class is going to be way oversized and the people with just a supercharger, or a shot of nitrous aren't going to be able to compete. Your pretty much cutting out an entire class of high 10 to 11 second cars. I understand having a lot of classes makes it difficult but I have been to NMCA events at RP, which have a ton of classes, and it runs smoothly so I know it can be done.
Old 02-05-2014, 11:17 AM   #58
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew4180 View Post
I know its for fun, id just like to be able to run brackets instead of heads up with cars that much much faster than mine.
Yeah, but a lot of us are in that boat. I'm a mid to high 10s car. The high 9 to low 10s cars in the super-mod class are going to destroy me. So, i'll make a few runs and get as close to 10.5 as I can then spend the rest of my time watching others race. It is a lot of fun helping someone who has never raced. The permigrin they get when they shave a couple of tenths of their time is priceless.
Old 02-05-2014, 11:18 AM   #59
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2K11SS View Post
Mike,

Put in some class in between Super Modified and Modified. Otherwise the Super Mod class is going to be way oversized and the people with just a supercharger, or a shot of nitrous aren't going to be able to compete. Your pretty much cutting out an entire class of high 10 to 11 second cars. I understand having a lot of classes makes it difficult but I have been to NMCA events at RP, which have a ton of classes, and it runs smoothly so I know it can be done.
Way ahead of you David... more coming.
Old 02-05-2014, 11:19 AM   #60
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
Remember guys, this is not a NHRA event. The purpose is to give Camaro fans a chance to gather and have some fun. If you sole purpose is to come for a trophy then you are going to miss out on a lot.
Exact reason I think the v6s should all be in one class or a stock/bolt on class and a FI class.

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 11:22 AM   #61
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
Exact reason I think the v6s should all be in one class or a stock/bolt on class and a FI class.
V6's are all in one class, just like last year. The guy with headers won a close race.
Old 02-05-2014, 11:25 AM   #62
GretchenGotGrowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
That's the way it is now. The stock/minor bolton V6s have their on heads up class or can bracket race. The guys like me, HDRS and etmx run in the super mod class. I wasn't there last year, but that's similar to the class I ran in two years ago. We all recognize that a nearly stock V6 can't run heads up with a FI/nitrous car anymore so than a nearly stock V8 can run against a FI/nitrous car.
Old 02-05-2014, 11:29 AM   #63
Andrew4180
Bigfoot

Drives: "Doomsday" 1981 Camaro
Quote:
Yeah, but a lot of us are in that boat. I'm a mid to high 10s car. The high 9 to low 10s cars in the super-mod class are going to destroy me. So, i'll make a few runs and get as close to 10.5 as I can then spend the rest of my time watching others race. It is a lot of fun helping someone who has never raced. The permigrin they get when they shave a couple of tenths of their time is priceless.
anything up to .5 can be made up on the tree if youre lucky. but 2-3secs? I enjoy helpin others as well, I do that on a weekly basis. but id like to have a fighting chance in competition as well.

383ci SBC, Th400 Trans, 29X10 Hoosiers. Small Block, Small tire, bracket car.
Andrew4180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 11:32 AM   #64
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

Drives: A paid off Camaro!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Yup I'm going to kill you... I almost started this thread last night, but so much to consider. Here goes anyway...

BRACKET RACING: Any 5th-gen Camaro

STOCK V6: Any V6 5th-gen Camaro. CAI and/or Catback only, are allowed. No Headers, tune, engine, brake, or suspension modifications. No under 200-treadwear tires or drag radials.

STOCK V8: Any V8 5th-gen Camaro. CAI and/or Catback only, are allowed. No Headers, tune, engine, brake, or suspension modifications. No under 200-treadwear tires or drag radials.

MODIFIED: Any naturally-aspirated street-licensed 5th-gen Camaro (no nitrous)

M6 STREET TIRES: Any manual transmission 5th-gen Camaro on street tires

ZL1 UNLIMITED: Any ZL1 Camaro

SUPER-MODIFIED: Any force-inducted IRS 5th-gen Camaro. Unlimited modifications. Any driver.

UNLIMITED: Gen 1-4, Drag Car or non-IRS 5th Gen, Any driver

C7 Stingray: Unlimited C7 Corvette
I think this looks awesome, for the M6 Street tires do we want to clarify that this is also a no drag radial class?

I also don't mind helping out with tech if you need somebody else.

Quote:
Remember guys, this is not a NHRA event. The purpose is to give Camaro fans a chance to gather and have some fun. If you sole purpose is to come for a trophy then you are going to miss out on a lot.
Very true, although bragging rights make it funner you are gonna miss out on what Camaro Fest really is if your only coming for the racing.

504hp/478tq
Performance: Kooks LT, 3'' Exhaust, V-Max TB, Roto-Fab CAI, Custom Ported/Port Matched Heads and Intake
Suspension: BMR Adjustable LCA's, BMR Trailing Arms, Poly Bushings, BMR Toe Rods
Coming Soon (still in the box): Procharger F1R, G-Force Axles, 3:91 gears w/Eaton Truetrac
K1SSRSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 11:32 AM   #65
grocerygetter
instigator

Drives: 2020 6.2 Trail Boss, 2022 XC90
Heck...remember...this is Camaro5 fest...you bring anything other than a 5th gen you can race in the ulimited open class IMO.
Old 02-05-2014, 11:37 AM   #66
camarovigoa
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 Victory Red A6
Im down for that ZL1 unlimited class!!!
camarovigoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 11:38 AM   #67
Andrew4180
Bigfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by grocerygetter View Post
Heck...remember...this is Camaro5 fest...you bring anything other than a 5th gen you can race in the ulimited open class IMO.
I see some of your points, I really don't wanna miss this event, been looking forward to it since ive read about it, sorry if ive bothered anyone by my reaction to my sudden understanding of the rules. I really don't wanna butt-heads with anyone on this site, I kinda like it here lol
What would the schedule be as far as how many runs would I get to make?

Old 02-05-2014, 11:43 AM   #68
GretchenGotGrowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew4180 View Post
I see some of your points, I really don't wanna miss this event, been looking forward to it since ive read about it, sorry if ive bothered anyone by my reaction to my sudden understanding of the rules. I really don't wanna butt-heads with anyone on this site, I kinda like it here lol
What would the schedule be as far as how many runs would I get to make?
Usually there is quit a bit of time in the mornings for test/tune, qualifying and grudge matches, then the schedule becomes dictated by the number of classes and how many cars there are. It will be interesting this year because it looks like there will be more showing up that in Indy.
Old 02-05-2014, 11:44 AM   #69
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

Drives: A paid off Camaro!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by grocerygetter View Post
I'm a little torn here, but I tend to agree. Although I don't care for bracket racing I understand that its a great way to get new people introduced to the sport. You don't really see purpose built 5th gen bracket cars out there so throwing in a 1981 Camaro, 383ci Drag car purpose built for bracket racing wouldn't be fair to the new comers IMO.

I have a 4th gen auto drag car that is very consistent and would be awesome in the brackets, but that is not the point of Camaro5 Fest.

504hp/478tq
Performance: Kooks LT, 3'' Exhaust, V-Max TB, Roto-Fab CAI, Custom Ported/Port Matched Heads and Intake
Suspension: BMR Adjustable LCA's, BMR Trailing Arms, Poly Bushings, BMR Toe Rods
Coming Soon (still in the box): Procharger F1R, G-Force Axles, 3:91 gears w/Eaton Truetrac
K1SSRSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 11:47 AM   #70
Andrew4180
Bigfoot

Quote:
Usually there is quit a bit of time in the mornings for test/tune, qualifying and grudge matches, then the schedule becomes dictated by the number of classes and how many cars there are. It will be interesting this year because it looks like there will be more showing up that in Indy.
So, its not out of the realm of possibility to make 7-8 runs in a day?