Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2014, 03:15 PM   #15
mikeyg36

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533
America's largest gang is at it again.
Old 07-18-2014, 03:23 PM   #16
DesertCamaro

Drives: Fast
Everybody b*tches and complains about law enforcement until they need them. The sheeple of this world have their eyes glued to their tv's and believe everything in front of them, situations where most good men would sh*t their pants and pray to their god at the worst moment of their life.

Speaking of sh*t, this forum has officially achieved sh*t status with all of these threads that continually bash law enforcement, fueled by some of the most juvenile, ignorant comments I've ever heard.

Seems every other day somebody posts a thread about what a cop should or shouldn't be doing, as if you were the one to judge based off of what you see/hear in the news. Pathetic.
Old 07-18-2014, 03:29 PM   #17
mikeyg36

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertCamaro View Post
Everybody b*tches and complains about law enforcement until they need them. The sheeple of this world have their eyes glued to their tv's and believe everything in front of them, situations where most good men would sh*t their pants and pray to their god at the worst moment of their life.

Speaking of sh*t, this forum has officially achieved sh*t status with all of these threads that continually bash law enforcement, fueled by some of the most juvenile, ignorant comments I've ever heard.

Seems every other day somebody posts a thread about what a cop should or shouldn't be doing, as if you were the one to judge based off of what you see/hear in the news. Pathetic.
If cops stopped shooting people for no reason we wouldn't see these stories every other day.
Old 07-18-2014, 04:32 PM   #18
CruisingSpeed
The Stealth Bumblebee

Drives: Black 2013 2LS
Have we forgotten about the HPD beating of the 15 year old burglar? Or the cop pulling the 77 year old grandma out of her car. Yeah self defense is a good thing. Good cops don't do these types of things. There is NO excuse for these types of mistreatment.

Kudos to the truck driver pulling over the cop! I remember a cop passing me on a 2 lane road. He was riding my tail so he could catch speed while passing. He was waiting for the car in the oncoming lane to get out the way so he could pass. Next thing I knew a cop car was passing me at 90 mph 3 ft from my car. As I felt the rush of wind sweep by my car I looked in the sideview at the oncoming car sitting in the ditch. Ridiculous is what it is.
Old 07-18-2014, 05:42 PM   #19
Muscle Car Memories

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS,6 Speed,NPP Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burn Notice24 View Post
I'm sorry, when it comes to life and death, "doing your best" is no longer acceptable. Cops are out of control. Here's another story about our "police". They killed a man for no reason. Pathetic. It is murder and they should be charged accordingly. http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.1871486

I saw this story today. That man died for no reason. And alot of the Police wonder why people hate them. There are good cops thats for sure but there are ALOT of bad cops as well, most have a chip on their shoulder and abuse their so-called power.
Old 07-18-2014, 11:32 PM   #20
Burn Notice24

Drives: 2012 Camaro Convertible
Quote:

I don't need the police to be trigger happy morons who abuse the power that comes with a badge. I will "bash" law enforcement every day if they continue to murder innocent people. We are getting to the point where we need another police force just to keep an eye on our current "police force".
Old 07-18-2014, 11:54 PM   #21
CruisingSpeed
The Stealth Bumblebee

You got law enforcement hiding behind the corner to stop you for going 5 mph over the speed limit. You call one for help and it takes forever for em to show up, then they decide to arrest and/or shoot at the wrong suspect. Hmm yeah that could be a problem.
Old 07-19-2014, 12:05 AM   #22
GbrilliantQ
¡ʇuɐıןןıɹq

Drives: 2011 Camaro IOM 2SS/RS
This is has been happening for a very long time. The only difference is people are taping it as its happening now.. It happens alot.

[yt]5LSBpwmMnVM[/yt]
Old 07-19-2014, 12:18 AM   #23
LBreezie

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th anniversary
Quote:

Why would I need law enforcement when I conceal carry? Open your eyes, there are people in the wrong out there and in this instance the officer is in need of trial and prosecution. No one should get away with murder.
Old 07-19-2014, 12:45 AM   #24
CruisingSpeed
The Stealth Bumblebee

I think the police need the background checks to just carry a taser. Just think about it.
Old 07-19-2014, 11:53 AM   #25
kalimus

Drives: '14 Z51 3LT Stingray and '13 Cruze
Quote:
Unfortunately, it seems like every other day there is a story about some stupid cop doing something blatantly wrong. Welcome to the digital world. There have been crappy cops since forever, but now more and more people are able to have proof to call them out on their BS. And why not? Cops SHOULD be held to a higher standard. They are, after all, given special privileges and exemptions to perform their duties.

There are good, honest, hardworking cops making sacrifices for their duty. Nobody denies that. But when the people that are supposed to protect you are being shown in this light more and more often, we SHOULD be judging them. We do it with politicians (not on this board of course because of the rules). We do it with military. We do it with crappy doctors. Why not cops?

Maybe the bigger issue is that more cops are seeing their profession as "just a job". I can't tell you the last time I saw a story about a cop, or talked to a cop where I felt that individual was actually on the side of the people they are supposed to serve and protect. And that mentality appears to be coming from above the individual. The police force appears to be influenced more and more by the fear-breeding media, and politicians. And that's about where my opinion has to end, before it breaks some rules...

"What is a moderate interpretation of the text? Halfway between what it really means and what you'd like it to mean?" -Antonin Scalia
Old 07-19-2014, 12:39 PM   #26
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burn Notice24 View Post
If everything checks out with this story, I don't even know where to begin. I simply can't stand the American police force. I know there are some good officers, but there are far too many bad ones. Pathetic. Maybe we need to give these cops an IQ test before handing them a gun?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1619842
We should stop a minute though, and reflect that there is no "American police force". "America" does not train the cops. Cites towns and states do.
Old 07-19-2014, 01:05 PM   #27
Dlerch18

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Car Memories View Post
I saw this story today. That man died for no reason. And alot of the Police wonder why people hate them. There are good cops thats for sure but there are ALOT of bad cops as well, most have a chip on their shoulder and abuse their so-called power.
He died due to his own health! A choke hold was administered but released and when it was released he was still moving, breathing and talking. If you have ever been in law enforcement, which I imagine most of you haven't, you would realize that a vast majority of your suspects when handcuffed claim that they "can't breathe". As you can imagine most of this is a bunch of BS! I hate seeing all this bullsh*t about the law enforcement especially when you have no experience in this field! Please reserve your comments and remarks for when after you risk your life!
Old 07-19-2014, 01:24 PM   #28
Burn Notice24

Drives: 2012 Camaro Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlerch18 View Post
He died due to his own health! A choke hold was administered but released and when it was released he was still moving, breathing and talking. If you have ever been in law enforcement, which I imagine most of you haven't, you would realize that a vast majority of your suspects when handcuffed claim that they "can't breathe". As you can imagine most of this is a bunch of BS! I hate seeing all this bullsh*t about the law enforcement especially when you have no experience in this field! Please reserve your comments and remarks for when after you risk your life!
Did you read the article? It sounds like you just read the first paragraph... If you read the article, then you'd know that what you're saying is completely wrong. Me not wanting to sign up for the police force has nothing to do with my right to comment. You likely have no experience in politics or sports, yet I'm sure you comment on both quite a bit. You're last line is utterly ridiculous. One does not need experience in the field to comment. Nice try though. So according to you, should I sit here and let the police run rampant, killing innocent people, animals, etc? I don't need to risk my life to know that what those "cops" are doing is wrong.
Closed Thread