Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-29-2016, 08:43 AM   #29
WeflyhereSS

Drives: 2012 Black on Black Camaro 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOJO View Post
Torque is 89 Inch pounds. As stated above tighten in an X pattern using several passes to reach max torque.
i was just gonna ask this thanks!
Old 06-29-2016, 09:14 AM   #30
HOJO

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS/RS 1LE 1967 Camaro
I just put my Bo White PTB on the first of May. I have no other mods, while there was no noticable seat of the pants HP increase the throttle response was greatly improved. That hesitation from pushing on the go pedal until the rpm's coming up almost non existant, actually i don't notice it at all anymore. Well worth the time and money. Also, do what you are comfortable with, I did not disconnect the battery. If there are any idle concerns they will go away after a long drive or several short ones.

The only thing I noticed is that at an idle my rpm's would flucuate by a 100 or 200, up/down. All gone after a few drives, computer needs to adjust sometimes. ENJOY
HOJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 09:20 AM   #31
WeflyhereSS

Quote:
I just put my Bo White PTB on the first of May. I have no other mods, while there was no noticable seat of the pants HP increase the throttle response was greatly improved. That hesitation from pushing on the go pedal until the rpm's coming up almost non existant, actually i don't notice it at all anymore. Well worth the time and money. Also, do what you are comfortable with, I did not disconnect the battery. If there are any idle concerns they will go away after a long drive or several short ones.

The only thing I noticed is that at an idle my rpm's would flucuate by a 100 or 200, up/down. All gone after a few drives, computer needs to adjust sometimes. ENJOY
thanks alot for the advice looking forward to getting this done!
Old 06-29-2016, 10:22 AM   #32
paul84043

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
Quote:

^^^^ This.
You're not adding any power, even with CAI and full exhaust any "real" power addition is questionable, you may pick up a couple of horses tops.
The real difference is in feel and responsiveness... I still need to add these onto my '15, I really miss that responsive throttle blip from my 2010.
paul84043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 01:27 PM   #33
WeflyhereSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul84043 View Post
^^^^ This.
You're not adding any power, even with CAI and full exhaust any "real" power addition is questionable, you may pick up a couple of horses tops.
The real difference is in feel and responsiveness... I still need to add these onto my '15, I really miss that responsive throttle blip from my 2010.
yea man i know its no real gain i just always get excited when i do any to this car i have to attend a aa meeting of something ,automotive anonymous
Old 06-30-2016, 07:26 AM   #34
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeflyhereSS View Post
i have to attend a aa meeting of something ,automotive anonymous
Welcome to Camaro5

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 09:04 AM   #35
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeflyhereSS View Post
already have the vtc so I'm all set !!! pondering gears after i finish heads and intake manifold porting
Be sure to recalibrate it before starting the engine.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 09:09 AM   #36
Olddudesrule
Resident nomad

Drives: 2014 Summit White 1SS/1LE
Don't mean to hijack the thread (which has kind of run it's course anyway..), but with Bo out of the porting game, any advice on another vendor?
2003 Z06
1965 FFR Cobra
2012 Nissan 370Z

ADM LSA Stage II, Roto-Fab CAI, Kooks LTH/HFC's, Phastek CC, ported TB, Mishimoto radiator and oil cooler, BC Racing ER Series CO's, JPSS 32mm Black Magic rear bar, JPSS front inserts, R1 Concepts Premier slotted rotors/Goodrich SS lines, Schroth ASM harness, MGW flatstick, Brey-Krause HB, Tuned by NicD, at Cordes Performance Racing.
Olddudesrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 06:45 PM   #37
satxrider
Bad 45th

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversay Edition SS
Next best is to buy from VMax.
Magnuson TVS 2300 Supercharger / Alky Meth Injection / Lingenfelter GT12 Cam / Kooks LT Headers, 3 inch exhaust & QTP electric cut outs / Monster LT1-S Twin Disc Clutch / MGW flat blade short throw shifter / Haltech CAI / VMax Throttle Body / DSS Stage 3 axles/ BMR Trailing Arms, Toe Rods, Suspension Bushing and 1" lowering springs / Taylor 8MM Plug Wires / Tuned by Henderson Performance Technologies / EBC dimpled and sloted rotors / G2 Painted Calipers / GM Tower Strut Brace / ZL1 Factory Rep Wheels
satxrider is offline   Reply With Quote