Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 02-04-2014, 09:19 PM   #1
granatl

Drives: 2SS RS ABM A6
Gforce Engineering opinions?

I was unfortunate enough to miss Gforce's 1000 HP axle sale by less than a week. Even so, I ordered a pair at full price a month ago and still haven't received them. Whenever I e-mail them, they are very good about replying promptly, so I give them a gold star for that. But, there's some hold-up with heat treatment that keeps delaying these week after week. As they are a silver-level sponsor on this board, I think they're legitimate and I've just been unlucky. I just wanted to see if anyone has their own experiences to share. I always get miffed when my CC gets charged ahead of time like this case. It also concerns me that if I should happen to break one, am I going to be down 1+ months waiting for a replacement?
Old 02-04-2014, 09:21 PM   #2
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by granatl View Post
I was unfortunate enough to miss Gforce's 1000 HP axle sale by less than a week. Even so, I ordered a pair at full price a month ago and still haven't received them. Whenever I e-mail them, they are very good about replying promptly, so I give them a gold star for that. But, there's some hold-up with heat treatment that keeps delaying these week after week. As they are a silver-level sponsor on this board, I think they're legitimate and I've just been unlucky. I just wanted to see if anyone has their own experiences to share. I always get miffed when my CC gets charged ahead of time like this case. It also concerns me that if I should happen to break one, am I going to be down 1+ months waiting for a replacement?
A+ company. I know you're frustrated and I can understand why. There has to be a very good reason why because I've never heard anything bad against them. Ask chris what's up. He'll give you an honest answer.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 09:32 PM   #3
DKT

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE
This is where offering such a high quality product makes it hard to stay on a time line with orders.
I know Chris will not settle for anything but the best. It may take a few extra weeks to receive your parts but you know that you are still receiving the best. I would rather wait a few weeks than Gforce giving up quality to get orders out.
DKT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 10:22 PM   #4
granatl

Drives: 2SS RS ABM A6
Thanks for the info guys. I'll shutup and wait patiently
Old 02-04-2014, 10:22 PM   #5
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Thanks for the info guys. I'll shutup and wait patiently
No reason to shut up. You're entitled to know what's going on. You've been charged.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 10:40 PM   #6
yotaman96

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS1LE 2000 Trans Am WS6
Gforce is a great company. If they already charged you, you could ask for a refund until they're ready to ship.
2015 Ram Crew Cab Cummins
yotaman96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 02:06 AM   #7
376LS3
Eh, that'll happen

Drives: 2010 2SS
I was in the same boat as you OP. I ordered some GFORCE axles from JDP a while ago to do some preparations for a Camaro gathering that was going to involve drag racing. I ordered them 5 weeks before the event, but didnt receive them until literally we were walking out the door to start the drive to San Antonio. I was pissed because the only reason I ordered them, was for this event. This was March '13. They told me they were behind because it was coming up on drag racing season for the rest of the country and people were ordering stuff getting ready. Venture to say, I decided to build up the rest of the drivetrain and do it all at once, so the axles went on my car 3 weeks ago. It was even the first time I ever opened the box! The point of my story is, you get what you pay for, and you will not regret going with them. I cant say enough about how beautiful my axles are, and how perfect my driveshaft is. I almost just wanted to hang them on the wall!! Its worth the wait.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:16 AM   #8
mikepage0007

Drives: 2010 camaro
can,t really comment on shipping issues, can say that chris has great customer service, got a complete 9 inch system some time ago, anytime i had issues , chris would take them in and completely go over them...sheered some bolts on the axles and damaged the boot, sent it back to chris and he reaired everything and would not charge me..also doing a engine swap, sent chris unit to look over while car was down , and he sent it back with some up[graded stuff.- again no charge-.i would def get chris on the phone and ask him whtas the shipping delay and he will give you info on whats going on...great vendor ..no issues..imo
Old 02-05-2014, 10:21 AM   #9
BullF-16
USAF retired! Thank God!

Drives: 2011 1SS, 1LT red,1LT/RS SGM 98Z28
OP, GFORCE is the best in the business. You will be extremely pleased
HKE LSX427(Mast blk lbl 305 6bolt LS7heads, PatG231/246 blower cam, RWHP/TQ: 1281/1133 SNL Performance Custom Twin PT6766 BB turbos 4 to 25psi selectable on the Boost Leash controller, Squash dual 400LPH/ID2000s, ALKY 4 gal meth, Autometer AFR/Bst/oilpres/oiltemp/fuelpress gauges, Pedders Justice road crs pkg: All HD bushes, supercar 12kg coil overs, supercar ZL1 sways, camber plates all setup by JusticePete! :Gforce 9" 35spline S-Trac, 1500hp Outlaw axles, 3.5"alum DS, Monster Triple disc; 4xForgeline 19x10.5 4xBridgestone 305/30R19 RE-11, CTS-v calipers/rotors/Cobalt friction XR1/3 pads
BullF-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 10:34 AM   #10
GFORCE1320

Drives: 05 GTO
Quote:
I know your frustrated, I would be too in your shoes.
We've got some issues going on with heat treat turn around times and material delivery. It happens about this time every year when the weather get bad and to top it off our heat treat company is moving some operations to combine 2 plants into one. This has really slowed them down.
I'm doing everything I can to get the flow problems worked out.
You will love the quality of your new axles once you get them, I promise

Thanks
Chris
GFORCE1320 is offline   Reply With Quote