Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-09-2010, 05:54 PM   #15
KIZE
www.gkiser.com

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, Auto, Summit White. R
Man - really sorry to see that crap. Somebody keyed my car about a month ago and i swore it was down to the metal but i was able to buff it out - amazingly.
KIZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 06:10 PM   #16
Bad70supreme

Drives: 2010 aqua blue SS/RS M6
Since I got my camaro I noticed people have alot of hate when they see you in something they want. 2 days ago some crazy lady flew up on my ass coming out of a parking lot and driving crazy behind me! Last week when I pulled out on to the main road of my street, some IDIOT in a minivan floors his gas and gets right up behind me and rides my ass! Then some jerk in a cab cuts me off to the point I had to slam my brake so he didnt side swipe me! Not fun, thats what happens when people are hurting for jobs and money and they cant stand to see someone have something great! I feel for you man, that really sucks and makes me worry every time I park my car!
Bad70supreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 06:15 PM   #17
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
damn punks need their face keyed
Old 12-09-2010, 06:27 PM   #18
upflying

Drives: '86 Monte Carlo SS
Seems to be a lot of these vandalism threads lately. Motives are hard to pin down without stereotyping. Camaro unfortunately represents wealth, speed, performance, conspicuity, impracticality and unnecessary consumption of natural resources. (not my opinion)
Some folks are jealous because they don't have what others have. The keying represents their form of hatred for what you have.
Drive a tan Camry and no one will bother you.
upflying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 06:29 PM   #19
rykeith

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnuckleBuster View Post
I'm sorry about your car.

I belong to some other car forums and it is not just Camaros that are getting sh$t happening to them. Mustangs, Challengers, Chargers etc. are getting hit too.

I don't know what is happening. Aren't the parents teaching their kids how to respect other peoples property anymore? Has our society got to the point where nobody gives a sh$t about anybody else and we only think about #1, and the hell with anybody else or their property?

I think it's time we, as mature adults, need to start 'KICKING ASS and TAKING NAMES' when we see this stuff happen instead of the attitude of a lot of people to close the blinds and say 'I didn't see anything'.

[/rant]
Old 12-09-2010, 06:39 PM   #20
MG

Drives: 2011 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by upflying View Post
Seems to be a lot of these vandalism threads lately. Motives are hard to pin down without stereotyping. Camaro unfortunately represents wealth, speed, performance, conspicuity, impracticality and unnecessary consumption of natural resources. (not my opinion)
Some folks are jealous because they don't have what others have. The keying represents their form of hatred for what you have.
Yes the possibilities are many. Who would have thought that Camaro, the everyman's sports car, would become such a lust-worthy symbol.

Granted, in my neighborhood, there are several Camaro's and a bright-organge SRT8 Challenger that park on the curb no problem. I keep mine in a garage.

Seems like it could happen anywhere anytime, not really something you can see coming.
MG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 07:29 PM   #21
Lauryn200
I Pity The Fool

Drives: Jeep Wrangler '06 & VW GTI 09
Quote:
Originally Posted by upflying View Post
Agree

I dunno maybe gas might be playing apart also.

Just like folks aren't too fond of trucks...they might also view the camaro,challenger,stang as cars that suck up alot of gas.

And NYC gas is $3.25 for freaking regular,filled my Jeep up this morning and almost caught a hissy fit.
Lauryn200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 07:40 PM   #22
Forcer

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Man that sucks, i feel for you, i had the same thing happen except it was 2 7" keys down my door to the metal.. now i dont take it anywhere unless im in eye contact or will be inside in less then 5 minutes. im way to scared now = /
Forcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 07:47 PM   #23
jgr
ironhead

Drives: 2004 silverado diesel 2010ss
People are just ignorant,keep the faith.
jgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 07:51 PM   #24
MG

If anything, its interesting how this N.E.V.E.R. H.A.P.P.E.N.E.D. W.I.T.H. T.H.E. H.Y.U.N.D.A.I. which I had been parking there for the past two years!

0_o
Old 12-09-2010, 08:12 PM   #25
fireresq157

Drives: 1997 SS & 2010 2SS/RS
envy thats all it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG View Post
Some of you may have read about the slimy turd that threw rocks at my car last Friday. Well, last night, in a completely different place, someone keyed my car door, down to the metal.

I'm not looking for a pity party.

I just wanna know if there is some way I can avoid this.

I dont have issues against anyone.

Maybe I should just suck it up and accept this as life?
fireresq157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 08:15 PM   #26
Ironheadspearo
ride the pain train

Drives: 2011 1LT RS, 1998 fxstc HD
jealous bastards
Old 12-09-2010, 08:33 PM   #27
Berean

Drives: Truck
This is what happens to society whose politicians continually indoctrinate people into thinking anyone who has anything nice must have screwed someone to get it.

Respect for private property is a thing of the past.
Berean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 08:35 PM   #28
MG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berean View Post
This is what happens to society whose politicians continually indoctrinate people into thinking anyone who has anything nice must have screwed someone to get it.

Respect for private property is a thing of the past.
That's a very interesting thought.