Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-11-2014, 05:55 AM   #1
sub zero

Drives: RED@2SS
NPP mufflers ?

I swap my stock mufflers with NPP for ZL1 used , now it's open all the time and i don't like the sound it's too loud but other thing i feel the power become weak !! mybe that because no pressure !! ..

There is a way i can connect them with the throttle body to control it by driving and i'll do it , but before that i want to be sure if that true when all of valves open they gonna effect on power of the car ?
any one have same issue ?
Old 08-11-2014, 06:57 AM   #2
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
There is no way that the exhaust flaps being open will affect your power at all. As far as controlling the flaps, your easiest solution is to close the flaps by maybe wrapping some wire around the actuator lever to hold it closed all the time.

I am not aware of anyone running vac lines to the engine to have it function like stock, but I am sure it is possible.
Old 08-11-2014, 07:02 AM   #3
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
There is no way that the exhaust flaps being open will affect your power at all. As far as controlling the flaps, your easiest solution is to close the flaps by maybe wrapping some wire around the actuator lever to hold it closed all the time.

I am not aware of anyone running vac lines to the engine to have it function like stock, but I am sure it is possible.
Old 08-11-2014, 11:26 AM   #4
sub zero

Drives: RED@2SS
I'll go back to the tuner to chek if any think changed with tune ..

I'll try close them temporary also ..

Here the thread talking about connecting them with throttle i found http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=314023
Old 08-11-2014, 12:16 PM   #5
Anaconda

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS 6-speed VR
I did the same thing and may go with the resonated X pipe to quiet it down. But the sound will be more quiet on the outside as well so I may look into corsa or solo with quay tips. Right now I wear headphones when I drive to muffle the cabin noise a little. I can still hear stuff outside but just to quiet the volume down. Wish GM or the dealer could do the whole install for the NPP vacuum.
Anaconda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 12:49 PM   #6
2012LS3VERT

Drives: 2012 2SSRS Vert, Black w/M6
I just ran a vacuum line from the rear of the intake to the actuators. Cost was under 10 dollars, function similar to stock but closed at idle.
2012LS3VERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 01:50 PM   #7
caper

Drives: 2010 IOM 2ss/RS
I found when I installed my npp, the car became too quiet! of course that's coming from a wide open straight pipe. but even still I don't find it loud at all!
Turbonetics running 8lbs boost at 700rwhp tuned by Hi Rev, installed by K&M w/cat-muffler delete, ACS splitter, Fesler GFX, MPD1 spoiler, Custom painted Rally stripes, Cordon CR1 wheels 275/315s, Hotchkiss comp sways and end links, Barton shifter
caper is offline   Reply With Quote