Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 03-20-2017, 11:06 AM   #1
s_smith95

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS 1/LE
Boston Acoustics Wiring Harness X1 and X2

This is my first time posing so I apologize in advance if I have done so in the wrong section. I buddy of mine has a 2012 Camaro 2SS that he purchased pre-owned. The former owner had installed an aftermarket amp and when he sold the car cut off the X1 and X2 harnesses from the amp. Is their anywhere to purchase those harnesses? The full harness from GM runs around $700 so we are looking for a more cost effective solution.
s_smith95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 11:08 AM   #2
WeflyhereSS

Drives: 2012 Black on Black Camaro 2ss
gen5diy
Old 03-20-2017, 08:27 PM   #3
yellowcamaro11

Drives: Camaro
Well, that was nice of them....

What is he planning on installing? If another aftermarket I would just get the schematics off this site or search google and tie into the front left and right inputs and the remote wire... That's going to be the cheapest and likely easiest solution. No sense in replacing connectors to wires where you likely don't need most the wires...unless he is reusing the factory speaker wire; I ran new wire...but even then I would just tie directly into the wires or put some simple crimp on and/or solder connector plugs. Not sure of the value/benefit in trying to replace the (likely overpriced) factory connector...
yellowcamaro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 02:42 PM   #4
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
Any installer worth his salt can rebuild from scratch or splice into the current wires for 1-2hr labor charge. Depending on the length of time since purchase, the dealer is required to repair this.
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 09:06 AM   #5
VTSummit
Consistently inconsistent

Drives: 2015 2LT Summit White
you could probably get a junkyard to cut off that section from a wreck and you can splice it on in about 30 minutes with a soldering iron and heat shrink.
Personally, I'd just connect up an aftermarket amp etc and not worry about the stock amp- because the stock amp quite frankly isn't very good. Even a cheap 4 channel Class D amp from any decent manufacturer will outperform the stock amp and resolves the issue of not having the plugs anymore.
2015 2LT Ported TB, Ported intake, JACFAB intake spacer, Borla exhaust, IPF 91 tune, Complete 1/LE suspension, Brembo brakes, Goodridge lines, Elite catch can, CAI with Thermo-wrap, 275/40-20 x 10's all around, Z/28 spoiler, GM splitter, Alpine/Polk stereo with AudiControl interface.
VTSummit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 10:58 AM   #6
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTSummit View Post
you could probably get a junkyard to cut off that section from a wreck and you can splice it on in about 30 minutes with a soldering iron and heat shrink.
Personally, I'd just connect up an aftermarket amp etc and not worry about the stock amp- because the stock amp quite frankly isn't very good. Even a cheap 4 channel Class D amp from any decent manufacturer will outperform the stock amp and resolves the issue of not having the plugs anymore.

^^^ This
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
x1 x2 ba if a