Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 09-02-2020, 09:32 AM   #1
LillyPinon

Drives: camaro v8
Need Suggestion for Shipping?

Hi All!

First of all, I want to know if is it the right deal to buy a car from Canada when you live in the United States. Especially when you are getting your favourite vehicle with an affordable quote. Yes, I am about to finalize a deal with a Canadian friend. Actually, he needs money that's why he is selling the 2018 Chevrolet Camaro 1LT Convertible RWD for around $21k, and its mileage is also less as compared to the vehicles that I found online here https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/2018-C...o-Price-c26811.

We didn't finalize the deal and price because I am not sure about the shipping cost. We found this place https://www.topmove.ca/car-transportation, and according to them, the shipping cost would be around $350 to $700 for 500 miles. Actually, I want enclosed transportation with a towing option, but it is becoming costly for me. Do you think I should take the risk of an open carrier in this weather? According to a few of my friends, I can also get a better shipping quote by using sites like this https://www.freightforwarderservices.com/ and in this regard, I just need to fill in the requirements. Do you think dropping my details on this shipping provider platform would help you in finding the right transportation company?

In addition, I can't drop the option of towing because I don't have good experience with towing driving and even I am not sure what is the condition of cross-border transportation. It would also be great if you share any company that picks up the vehicle safely from Canada and deliver it to the doorstep of the buyer. Yes, the cost shouldn't be very high.

Thanks!!

Last edited by LillyPinon; 04-03-2023 at 01:26 PM.
LillyPinon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 03:26 PM   #2
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
I've shipped a lot of cars - if it is nice it needs to be enclosed & on the Top Deck. If you can find a Shipper that rolls with a 2 car Trailer, I would go that route - my last car arrived that way
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 03:32 PM   #3
LillyPinon

Drives: camaro v8
Yes, I am also thinking to go with enclosed shipping because car is almost new. I need to find good quote for two cars trailer. My friend is suggesting TFX International. I would contact them and would talk about quotes.
LillyPinon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 03:38 PM   #4
Camaro__ss

Drives: 2013 L99
I used uship for a Harley and had a good experience. Its all independent contractors though so it’s luck of the draw.
Camaro__ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 03:43 PM   #5
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
call my friend Jon @ 561-350-0517

He has shipped cars for me and at least 2 other Members here.
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 11:45 PM   #6
ZEDL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Triple Black, 2015 2LT/RS
LP, I did something similar. I'm a Canadian who moved to America, and I had to legally "import" my 2015 Camaro (my 2013 will follow as soon as the travel restrictions are gone). My comments are not related to transportation costs or methods, but rather to the legalities of bringing a Canadian-built and I assume owned-and-previously plated-in-Canada car.
You'll need a letter from GM Canada confirming that the car has no outstanding recall notices attached to it. GM Oshawa will email this confirmation free of charge, and my memory is that it's valid for 30 days from the date that they issue it to you. I can find the contact information if you need it, just not in front of my now. Also, US Customs will want the original ownership, not a photocopy, at the point of entry into the US. I drove mine myself when I moved to the US, but I'd expect that your transport company will be able to process all of the paperwork on your behalf if you aren't with your car at the point of entry. The process was very easy, taking just a bit of extra time inside the border office. PM me if you have any questions.
ZEDL1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
canada, transportation