Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 03-10-2011, 07:58 PM   #1
stonecoldvenom

Drives: 2013 F150
check engine light. code p0453

Well I got a check engine light yesterday and had onstar run a diagnostic and they came back with the code p0453 which is Evaporative Emissions Control System Pressure Sensor High Input and when I talked to the onstar diagnostic tech he said something about it detecting a high voltage but it corrected it self and is no longer active so the light should go off in the next 3 or 4 days. It was off this morning when I went to work so I thought it was good. Got off work and started car and light was on again. contacted onstar again and same code. they said give it a week and if it's still on then take it to the dealer.

Anyways I was wondering if anybody else has had this code or what they think I should do. Thanks.

Here's a link to a website I found from google. http://www.obd-codes.com/p0453
stonecoldvenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 01:34 PM   #2
stonecoldvenom

Nobody has any input to add?
Old 03-11-2011, 01:36 PM   #3
anthonyj9h
"First There"

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ss
have u added headers lately? if so check the 02 sensor wires arnt touching anything

it is written......
anthonyj9h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 05:57 PM   #4
stonecoldvenom

No i haven't added anything. Car is completly stock.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:21 PM   #5
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Sounds like a trip to the dealer
Old 03-11-2011, 07:45 PM   #6
Nomad

Drives: '11 2SS/RS RJT M6
I wouldn't take it to the dealer until the light stays on for a bit. I had a different EVAP system code on mine. The light came on, went out, came back,... I finally waited for it to stay on 3 days, made an appointment at the local dealership. Brought it in, they had it for the whole day, cleared the codes, cycled the EVAP solenoid and valve, then took it for a test drive. Basically, nothing failed so they said to bring it back if the light comes on again. The EVAP system isn't "critical" (the car will still run even if the system fails) so I wouldn't go through the hassle of having the dealership tell you they couldn't recreate the issue.
Vararam CAI, Elite Engineering Catch Can, Separate Clutch Fluid Reservoir, Ghost Armor Full Protection Package, Chromed Turn Signal Bulbs, RPI Stealth Splash Guards, Skip Shift Eliminator, Defenderworx Chrome Bowtie Inserts, Pfadt Trailing Arms, Camaro Decal Store CGM Hood Spears with "376ci" custom text, Billet Depot/Drake Underhood Polished Caps, CGM Lug Nut Decals, Pedders Front Radius Rod Inserts, JacFab Front License Plate Bracket
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 06:37 PM   #7
stonecoldvenom

Yeah it's really weird. It will stay on for like two days the go off for a day or so then it will come back on. It's just that check engine light is such an eye sore :( lol. I'll have it checked this weekend just incase.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:10 AM   #8
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
stonecoldvenom, have you been able to take the vehicle in yet? If so were they able to fix the issue?

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 01:28 PM   #9
mydreamcar
My Dream Car

Drives: 2011 SIM LS3 1SS
Ditto just wait, I had a code come up P0041, Chevy didn't know what it was, had to have someone else look it up, code is for wiring for the 02 sensors was put the wrong way, Had HFC on for almost 12 months, no reported problems, cleared the code and its been gone , even had my car reinspected just to be on the safe side. I guess these cars have some bugs in them still

In the end just wait to see if the light comes on and stays on,