Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 06-26-2011, 06:53 PM   #1
D1ABOLIK

Drives: 2010 Camaro
D3 CTS V6 Supercharger

So I was looking at D3's website and I see no reason why that same supercharger set up would not work with our cars as well, all you will need is the correct tune. Im going to try and give them a call tommorow and see whats up. Anyone have any thoughts on the compatability?

http://www.d3cadillac.com/feature-ve...d3-cts-3-6di-s

Last edited by D1ABOLIK; 06-26-2011 at 06:54 PM. Reason: forgot link
D1ABOLIK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 06:59 PM   #2
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
this already been discussed here plenty.. D3 even got on here and said that if the demand is there they will build for our camaro.
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 07:03 PM   #3
D1ABOLIK

From what I see there is a damand for either an SC or Turbo, I hope something good pops up soon. I love my car I just want a little more power to go with it.
Old 06-26-2011, 07:18 PM   #4
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Voices from the back say...

Just get an SS. You'll be money and performance ahead right out of the box... and can go alot further if you want to mod.

I'm not knocking the 6 it's just not very mod friendly bc it's pretty maxed out from the factory and the tunes are hard to write.
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 07:20 PM   #5
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
I can see how it would be totally cool to supercharge a V6 and really surprise some people. That does sound like a hell of a lot of fun. I hope they come out with it.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 07:31 PM   #6
D1ABOLIK

I know and agree it would be easier to get an SS and I might wind up doing so next year if they dont come out with more mods for the V6, but I would really like to mod out a V6 just because it would be cool to see it done. Unfortunately GM just doesnt seem to be cooperative when it comes to other companies and V6 mods
Old 06-26-2011, 08:10 PM   #7
Ir0nM4n
Love me some Tacos

Drives: 14 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post

Just get an SS. You'll be money and performance ahead right out of the box... and can go alot further if you want to mod.

I'm not knocking the 6 it's just not very mod friendly bc it's pretty maxed out from the factory and the tunes are hard to write.
Not even relevant to the discussion.

Troll like.

V-8 owner goes to V-6 thread and say's something about buying a V-8 instead of posting something useful about OP's discussion. Then says not knocking a V-6. Not mod friendly, maxed out, you should tell that to the people getting a V-6 ready for SEMA. Here is the thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150494 then they could cut all the sponsers and inform them of your revelation. That would save us all alot of wasted money.
Old 06-26-2011, 08:47 PM   #8
MagnumForceGB

Drives: Fastest 2010 Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MINI HLK View Post

Troll like.

V-8 owner goes to V-6 thread and say's something about buying a V-8 instead of posting something useful about OP's discussion. Then says not knocking a V-6. Not mod friendly, maxed out, you should tell that to the people getting a V-6 ready for SEMA. Here is the thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150494 then they could cut all the sponsers and inform them of your revelation. That would save us all alot of wasted money.
Wait until the ZL1 comes out, then we can ask them what the point of modding the SS is.

As for the topic, I would like to see a supercharger on one, I'm trying to save up money for it right now since I have a better paying job now. I just don't know how many shops in Oklahoma City would be up to the task. Need to make sure the intake is near the same area as stock since I have the ADM scoop.
Old 06-26-2011, 09:00 PM   #9
MIT'13

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 1LT / RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post

Unnecessary and incorrect.

But back to the original post, this has been brought up quite a while ago. I am unsure why they haven't been working on this system yet, since quite a bit of enthusiasm was shown for the other FI systems in this forum. Now that there are already 2 turbochargers out, it would be great to see a supercharger.
Old 06-26-2011, 09:54 PM   #10
D1ABOLIK

What are the two turbos? I know about the STS setup, but what's the other?
Old 06-26-2011, 10:02 PM   #11
OOLIE

Drives: 2011 LS
Tracy at RX performance built Gretchins and I believe IPS jeff is another along with sts. Tracy has a twin turbo set up I know for sure. Just some minor adjustments he is working on to get more boost, but it has been working well for months on Gretchins car with I think 6 psi can't remember for sure. If I had the dough right now I wouldn't bat an eye to grab this one up. No question ask around Tracy knows his stuff. Not knocking anyone else, I just have had the experience going to his shop and having him do some things on my car.
Old 06-27-2011, 07:42 AM   #12
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIT'13 View Post
Unnecessary and incorrect.

But back to the original post, this has been brought up quite a while ago. I am unsure why they haven't been working on this system yet, since quite a bit of enthusiasm was shown for the other FI systems in this forum. Now that there are already 2 turbochargers out, it would be great to see a supercharger.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OOLIE View Post
Tracy at RX performance built Gretchins and I believe IPS jeff is another along with sts. Tracy has a twin turbo set up I know for sure. Just some minor adjustments he is working on to get more boost, but it has been working well for months on Gretchins car with I think 6 psi can't remember for sure. If I had the dough right now I wouldn't bat an eye to grab this one up. No question ask around Tracy knows his stuff. Not knocking anyone else, I just have had the experience going to his shop and having him do some things on my car.
Yeah there are two options out on cars right now. The problem is no one is really buying them. We can't expect many mods for our platform if companies develop then and no one buys.
Old 06-27-2011, 08:16 AM   #13
hapisok
crazier than a coconut

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MINI HLK View Post

Troll like.

well said
Old 06-27-2011, 08:49 AM   #14
E.T.

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
I would buy a supercharger for sure, but I'm not really interested in a turbo.

E.T. is offline   Reply With Quote