Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 04-18-2012, 01:27 PM   #15
puertoricanfont

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2ss
Thanks for all the comments guys. Raven does look alot better . She still has some swirls but not nearly as bad as when i first got her. Maybe when i have a break from college ill finish the job of removing the swirls. It just suprises me all the fillers dealers used when they washed the car. The first rain storm here in western NY and my car no longer looked black but almost a gray from all the swirls. One thing i did wish i had was severe swirls remover from adams. I had so many swirl that it was taking three passes to take out most of the swirls. But for my daily driver im content of how much better she looks, im happy with the outcome
Old 04-18-2012, 06:49 PM   #16
ActNup NY

Drives: 2011 1LT Black Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan@Adams View Post
Nice save!

I just bought a new truck last week, as I was sitting in the showroom finishing paperwork I watched the lot porters pull the dealerships 'wash trailer' around front. Basically a small roller with a pressure washer and a couple of bins full of towels attached.

One guy proceeded to blast off a row of new Camaros and Vettes with the pressure washer while the other guy, took a wash brush, the kind for boats and RV's and started to scrub each car. As if that wasn't bad enough I realized THEY WEREN'T USING ANY SOAP!!

Once they had scrubbed the crap out of each car they one pulled out a waterblade while the other chased him with what looked like an old bath towel.

I'm so happy my truck was ordered and delivered before it had a chance to sit on their lot and get 'cleaned'
I would give anything to be a fly on the wall to see how your face probably cringed when you saw that. lol !!! they don't care it ain't there car- I'm sure that's their attitude.
Old 04-29-2012, 02:50 AM   #17
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Drives: 2001 Corvette Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by puertoricanfont View Post
... Want to thank junkman for his educational videos. Withouth him i wouldnt have learned that i was doin so much damage to my paint and can make my car look beautiful now. All i gotta say is that im impressed with the final outcome .
I'm impressed too! You must have paid really good attention to those videos.

Junkman2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 03:39 AM   #18
Brutal SS

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL SS View Post
Good work! How much did the dealer charge to install the swirls?
I don't know about him, but my dealer installed mine for free, but then wanted to charge $600 extra to install premium swirls on top of the standard ones!
Old 04-29-2012, 06:30 AM   #19
Drives: Red SS
nice
Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 05:03 PM   #20
puertoricanfont

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
I'm impressed too! You must have paid really good attention to those videos.
yup watch them all fours times before i started. Not showroom quality like when your done but perfect enough for a DD. thanks again OORAH!
Old 04-29-2012, 05:07 PM   #21
puertoricanfont

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutal SS View Post
I don't know about him, but my dealer installed mine for free, but then wanted to charge $600 extra to install premium swirls on top of the standard ones!
dude it was crazy when i pick up the car. they had it in the shade and i was like whoa thats shiny. Once i was done with the test drive i parked in the sun and OMG holy swirl city. The car didnt even look black no more but gray from all the swirls. I dont know if it was the previous owner or the dealership.
Old 04-29-2012, 05:37 PM   #22
techinny

Drives: '18 Sierra Denali '05 GMC 2500HD
Being able to look at yourself on the side of it when it is clean is the only thing I miss about the one black vehicle I owned.

Car looks awesome! Especially for a DD!

Had: 2010 SS/RS M6 Hurst STS, Noweeds
techinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:25 PM   #23
chalkupanother1

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT RS
$7500 in body shop repairs, and my brand new hood and bumper had the same "dealer installed" swirls. They offered to "glaze it out", which pi**ed me off even more, since these forums have taught me that just hides the defect. Luckily, I was gonna do the rest of the car anyway, so I took care of myself.
Old 04-30-2012, 05:26 PM   #24
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Drives: 2001 Corvette Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalkupanother1 View Post
$7500 in body shop repairs, and my brand new hood and bumper had the same "dealer installed" swirls. They offered to "glaze it out", which pi**ed me off even more, since these forums have taught me that just hides the defect. Luckily, I was gonna do the rest of the car anyway, so I took care of myself.
I love to read post like this. One more person unplugged from the Matrix and now knows better.

Junkman2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:39 PM   #25
United_727
Parts Guru Extraordinair.

Drives: '02 SS 'Vert M6
And people wonder why I ordered mine and didnt want the dealer to clean it up upon delivery.