Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2012, 10:34 PM   #155
oklapike
 
oklapike's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary SS Coupe
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Northern California
Posts: 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcjlp View Post
I will try to find the article for you. Have you seen this site:

http://www.gminsidenews.com/index.php
Yes...refer back to post #139 in this thread.
oklapike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 10:40 PM   #156
usmcjlp

 
Drives: 2SS/RS LS3 RJT
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 755
Quote:
Originally Posted by oklapike View Post
Yes...refer back to post #139 in this thread.
Sorry, I've been up for a long time. I'm on the other side of the planet. I need to unplug.

I did find a reference to the limited run. Not exactly what I was looking for.

"What It Is: Chevrolet’s upcoming SS sedan, which will share its rear-wheel-drive Zeta platform with the new, police-only Caprice PPV. Basically a shorter, civilian version of the Caprice, the SS is being added to Chevy’s lineup as a prequel to a new version due in 2015 that will be built in the U.S. The SS also will serve as the brand’s 2013 NASCAR entry. "

Here's the link:http://www.caranddriver.com/news/201...enderings-news

There is another article that goes into more detail on the future model line up.

Essentially when the Alpha platform arrives it will be redesigned for the new platform. This would coincide with the new Camaro. I think everything is supposed to switch to the Alpha.
usmcjlp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 10:46 PM   #157
oklapike
 
oklapike's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary SS Coupe
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Northern California
Posts: 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcjlp View Post
Sorry, I've been up for a long time. I'm on the other side of the planet. I need to unplug.

I did find a reference to the limited run. Not exactly what I was looking for.

"What It Is: Chevrolet’s upcoming SS sedan, which will share its rear-wheel-drive Zeta platform with the new, police-only Caprice PPV. Basically a shorter, civilian version of the Caprice, the SS is being added to Chevy’s lineup as a prequel to a new version due in 2015 that will be built in the U.S. The SS also will serve as the brand’s 2013 NASCAR entry. "

Here's the link:http://www.caranddriver.com/news/201...enderings-news

There is another article that goes into more detail on the future model line up.
Okay, gotcha. IIRC, Gen 5 Camaro and VF Commodore are supposed to be the last hurrahs for Zeta. We know Gen 6 Camaro is going to be Alpha based, and I think it's pretty widely assumed that if Commodore stays RWD beyond VF, it's going to go onto a longer wheelbase Alpha. I think that would be when the SS sedan would move production to North America.

Argh, you edited while I was posting.
oklapike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 10:49 PM   #158
usmcjlp

 
Drives: 2SS/RS LS3 RJT
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 755
Quote:
Originally Posted by oklapike View Post
Okay, gotcha. IIRC, Gen 5 Camaro and VF Commodore are supposed to be the last hurrahs for Zeta. We know Gen 6 Camaro is going to be Alpha based, and I think it's pretty widely assumed that if Commodore stays RWD beyond VF, it's going to go onto a longer wheelbase Alpha. I think that would be when the SS sedan would move production to North America.

Argh, you edited while I was posting.
You got it.
usmcjlp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 10:51 PM   #159
oklapike
 
oklapike's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary SS Coupe
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Northern California
Posts: 522
On another note, the eventual V6 model that article mentioned (assuming that's actually the case, it is Car And Driver after all), would seem to argue for a real name, rather than just SS, as well.
oklapike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 10:55 PM   #160
usmcjlp

 
Drives: 2SS/RS LS3 RJT
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 755
That's what I meant by the SS being a limited run performance vehicle. When the Alpha redesign occurs, depending on the success of the SS, there will be a "new" model. The SS will then become a performance variant with an associated V6 offering. Does that seem logical?

I wish I could find the article that goes into detail. But it could all just be internet rumors.
usmcjlp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 11:00 PM   #161
oklapike
 
oklapike's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary SS Coupe
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Northern California
Posts: 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcjlp View Post
That's what I meant by the SS being a limited run performance vehicle. When the Alpha redesign occurs, depending on the success of the SS, there will be a "new" model. The SS will then become a performance variant with an associated V6 offering. Does that seem logical?

I wish I could find the article that goes into detail. But it could all just be internet rumors.
Makes sense to me.
oklapike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:46 PM   #162
Rwarchol
 
Rwarchol's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 1LT SIM A6, 2005 GTO TR A4
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 340
http://www.autoblog.com/2012/08/28/c...ac-g8-clothes/
Rwarchol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:33 PM   #163
Tantalizer43

 
Tantalizer43's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Cincinnati OH
Posts: 1,359
Attached Images
  
__________________
Tantalizer43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:44 PM   #164
Apex Motorsports
 
Apex Motorsports's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Louisville, Ky.
Posts: 25,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantalizer43 View Post
I don't give 2 squirts about the damn race car. I wanna see the production car!
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:14 PM   #165
Tantalizer43

 
Tantalizer43's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Cincinnati OH
Posts: 1,359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
I don't give 2 squirts about the damn race car. I wanna see the production car!
I'm with you, but until February of 2013, NASCAR version is all we get!
__________________
Tantalizer43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 05:42 AM   #166
Apex Motorsports
 
Apex Motorsports's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Louisville, Ky.
Posts: 25,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantalizer43 View Post
I'm with you, but until February of 2013, NASCAR version is all we get!
I am in this terrible holding pattern waiting on this car and the C7 to be officially announced so I can make a decision to buy something.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 05:43 AM   #167
SleepWarz
Banned
 
Drives: 1991 New Yorker, 69 Tbird, ABM2SSRS
Join Date: May 2009
Location: BC Canada
Posts: 2,248
Nascar needs to take a page, actually the whole book from Aussie V8 Super Car racing...
SleepWarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:35 AM   #168
Christiancoach
 
Christiancoach's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 Holden Commodore SSV
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Seattle
Posts: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepWarz View Post
Nascar needs to take a page, actually the whole book from Aussie V8 Super Car racing...
+10000!
V8 Supercars is so much more exciting than Nascar! I am a huge motorsports fan, but I just can't watch Nascar anymore. Boring!
__________________
Christiancoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.