Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-07-2017, 10:19 PM   #1
AGC70

Drives: 2014 Black 2SS/RS L99 Coupe
Just the fog lights?

Silly question.....I have 2014 ss with the rs package. Is there a way to have only the fog lights on? I can't figure out a way to turn off the DRL's. I just like the looks of using the fogs as DRL's
AGC70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 12:50 AM   #2
the85darkknight

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS Green Flash Edition
They are just DRLs. However, you can do it. You may want to invest in this simple mod:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ilpage_o00_s00

There are others you will see on eBay and such, but it appears the lighting wiring did not change, so the harness is the same. Good luck.
the85darkknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 05:35 AM   #3
AGC70

Drives: 2014 Black 2SS/RS L99 Coupe
Dark knight thank you for your research and the info. I'm not sure this is what I'm looking for. This harness appears to allow your fogs to run at the same time as the other lights. I'm looking to have just the fog lights on with no other lights. Thanks again
AGC70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 12:54 PM   #4
mudwheel57
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 camaro 2LS
Try Gen5diy, I bet they can fix you up with the wiring you need for just the fog lights on.
mudwheel57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 03:31 PM   #5
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGC70 View Post
Dark knight thank you for your research and the info. I'm not sure this is what I'm looking for. This harness appears to allow your fogs to run at the same time as the other lights. I'm looking to have just the fog lights on with no other lights. Thanks again
No. This is what you are looking for.

The harness will allow the DRLs to run full time during daylight, while the other lights are off.
At night, the DRLs will continue to stay on, but so will the headlights. Once the sun rises (if you are driving then), the headlights go off and the DRLs continue to stay lit.

Bottom line: DRLs will always be on while car is running, NOT just when the headlights are on. Unless you manually switch them off. But you cannot have the DRLs off while the headlights are on with this harness mod.

If you are looking for a way to turn off the DRLs while driving with headlights on, then no, this won't do it. They will always be on while the car is running. This is exactly what myself and thousands of Camaro owners have used for years.

The only other option or change you can make to this is to physically turn your headlights off and run only the halos + drls during daytime or moderate lighting conditions...or night if you are a bit of a risk taker.
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 05:20 PM   #6
blewbyyou

Drives: Dusk SE
I got the harness and changed my DRL's to a LED purchased from diode dynamics. I always run with my halos and DRL's at dusk and dawn or on dark over cast days. Looks bad ass IMO
blewbyyou is offline   Reply With Quote