Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 12-22-2011, 04:02 AM   #1
del-boy
"Grumble Bee"

Drives: Cyber Grey Camaro SS/RS
Question ground fx... with round tips? hmmmm

hey peeps,

any one seen.... heard of.... has a friend who has.... the GM ground fx with round tips?

i currently have a magnaflow competition pro exhaust with 5 inch tips (huge) and the "bezles" around the Ground fx are 4.5 inches and square.... i may get the kit and take the bezles off.

similar to the pics below.....any thoughts?

thanks everyone
Old 12-22-2011, 07:08 AM   #2
djxrated81

Drives: 2011 camaro SS/RS
I would see if you can get square tips from them if not search internet to see what's compatible with your system. I knew going into my buy that I was gettin the gfx kit so I went with slp loud mouth 1 with the square tips that sit back far enough so you can barely see them
2011 2SS/RS Airaid cai, ARH HF cats X pipe, SLP LM1, 160stat,RX Catch can, Tuned @ Tune Time Performance, side marker black outs, decepticon bowtie emblems, stealth turn sig. bulbs,Hyper White DTRL Painted GFX, Havoc Spoiler
[IMG][SIGPIC]
djxrated81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 09:08 AM   #3
dianeokie
Going places

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Victory Red
Attachment 317745My car is a V6, but have the GM ground effects kit with my round stock tips. They protrude a little, which is kinda old school, and I like that, because I am...........

Also, the ground effects are not painted. This picture is the closest up of the ground effects, sorry I'm in the picture too,unfortunately!
Attached Images

"just stay with traffic, you'll be fine". = famous last words
dianeokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 01:21 PM   #4
ronss

Drives: 2SS CGM/GRND FX/STRIPES/CAI, manual
Thumbs up

dont be sorry you look great...
ronss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 03:31 PM   #5
Swacer

Drives: 2018 GT350
You just have to make sure that the tips you have will fit out the gfx outlets. I was told a 4" tip is pushing it
Swacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 03:52 PM   #6
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by dianeokie View Post
Attachment 317745My car is a V6, but have the GM ground effects kit with my round stock tips. They protrude a little, which is kinda old school, and I like that, because I am...........

Also, the ground effects are not painted. This picture is the closest up of the ground effects, sorry I'm in the picture too,unfortunately!

I like them to protrude out a little myself also, And BTW you look awesome.
PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 07:55 PM   #7
TRC-SS
700RWHP-650TQ

Drives: 2011 Forged LS3 Supercharged/Cammed
This>>>>
Attached Images

Old 12-22-2011, 08:23 PM   #8
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
You beat me to it Tim, I thought of your car when I saw this thread. IMO looks better than a square tip.
Old 12-22-2011, 08:37 PM   #9
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRC-SS View Post
This>>>>
I like this.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 09:17 PM   #10
gelboy1015

Drives: '10 2SS/RS, MKIII Supras
To me it looks funny with the bezels off. I ran with my bezels off when I put my new catback and headers on since the tips were too big to fit in there. Once I got a chance to put my MBRP tips on, I did.
gelboy1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 12:16 AM   #11
FEN

Drives: BLACK 2SS/RS
The exaust is not designed to protrude thru the GFX bezels and a few who did this on the SS's ended up melting the rear fascia/bumper. The factory exhaust needs to be cut back so it fits inside the concave reliefs inside the top and bottom of the bezels. If the tips are not cut and are too close to the bezels they can transfer the heat to the bezel then to the fascia. After the exhaust is cut the supplied double walled GFX tips are pressed on to hide the rough cut. The GFX tips are 4" in diameter and if you look at the pic below you may be able to fit a slightly larger tip but it would have to be aligned properly. My 4" tips are centered in the reliefs and sit aprox 1/4" back from the edge of the relief. Im sure the same basic principle would apply to aftermarket exhausts as well.....just make sure the tips dont touch the bezels and transfer heat.

Eibach 1" Pro Spring Kit
Factory GFX
MPD1 spoiler
painted bowties
15% tint

Last edited by FEN; 12-23-2011 at 12:45 AM.
FEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 01:48 AM   #12
TRC-SS
700RWHP-650TQ

Drives: 2011 Forged LS3 Supercharged/Cammed
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL SS View Post
You beat me to it Tim, I thought of your car when I saw this thread. IMO looks better than a square tip.
Old 12-23-2011, 11:11 AM   #13
RocTrux

Drives: Summit White 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FEN View Post
The exaust is not designed to protrude thru the GFX bezels and a few who did this on the SS's ended up melting the rear fascia/bumper. The factory exhaust needs to be cut back so it fits inside the concave reliefs inside the top and bottom of the bezels. If the tips are not cut and are too close to the bezels they can transfer the heat to the bezel then to the fascia. After the exhaust is cut the supplied double walled GFX tips are pressed on to hide the rough cut. The GFX tips are 4" in diameter and if you look at the pic below you may be able to fit a slightly larger tip but it would have to be aligned properly. My 4" tips are centered in the reliefs and sit aprox 1/4" back from the edge of the relief. Im sure the same basic principle would apply to aftermarket exhausts as well.....just make sure the tips dont touch the bezels and transfer heat.

Yes, what he said thats how they should fit with the stock exhaust or aftermarket they shouldn't out. I just put on a set of Flowmaster hush power for the GFX with 4" tips and they fit just like his. Don't take the bezels off it doesn't look right it looks like something is missing which it is. I had mine off while powder coating them and didn't like the look at all. There are some i have seen selling on e-bay that are made without the bezels you might look into those then you wouldn't have to modify your tips but I'm willing to bet that the quality of those isn't like the GM part. When it comes to body parts I prefer to use genuine GM parts for the best fit. JMO
Old 01-06-2012, 01:12 AM   #14
Gman1135

Drives: 2011 Camaro,2SS,RS,M6
I'm a little late, but here are the MBRP's. I have Corsa cat-back so I can move the muffler to center the tips and band claps on the tips so you can move them in and out to what ever you like..
Attached Images

Gman1135 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ground fx, modifications, round tips