Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 07-18-2012, 03:51 PM   #15
partymn

Drives: 2014 1ss 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by GbrilliantQ View Post
That's exactly what I said over the phone with Chris the other day.

/Waiting on a couple of small, tiny little pieces.

Sent from my Galaxy Note
Would you like to venture a guess as to how long it takes 5 people to disassemble an H-60 Helicopter and put it back together with new parts, small, tiny little peices?
Old 07-18-2012, 04:36 PM   #16
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
All I can say is it is very difficult on the fabrication end to meet timelines with a new release.....but what I have seen you guys will be happy when your driving these beasts! The quality is there and I know it is a hard wait (like Christmas) but will be worth it IMHO.
SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 04:38 PM   #17
uniqueskillz

Drives: ETMC built 700+hp Twin Turbo LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
All I can say is it is very difficult on the fabrication end to meet timelines with a new release.....but what I have seen you guys will be happy when your driving these beasts! The quality is there and I know it is a hard wait (like Christmas) but will be worth it IMHO.
This ^^

Yeah it sucks but its a quality system from what I can tell and you definitely want you kit to arrive flawless.
uniqueskillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 04:40 PM   #18
Smirnoff

Drives: Camaro SS
[QUOTE=GbrilliantQ;5301048 I paid for my HPS turbo kit in full 79 days ago..... [/QUOTE]

Since your 21 days for delivery is long-gone with no firm delivery commitment, get your money back & pay when/if the kit arrives & after your detailed inspection.

Smirnoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 04:56 PM   #19
partymn

So from all the comments, I take it that its perfectly normal for a kit to take 90+ days to be fabricated?

I have never done a turbo build like this before so maybe I am wrong when I say that the wait has been really excessive. Who knows!
Old 07-18-2012, 05:01 PM   #20
old motorhead

Drives: Maggie blown LS3 vette
Personally, I think a 100% deposit is ridiculous. I can see enough deposit to cover costs. But cost AND profit for an item that may or may not be close to delivery is over the line.
old motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 05:04 PM   #21
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
Depends on when the kits were finalized and then of course the work load on everything else he is probably doing daily. Not sure on staff size, but all I have seen is quality all the way.....and understand, he is a direct competitor but as most know we try and share kowledge with the other shops that do what we do and all benefit from it unlike the few where it is "take no prisoners war"...and I respect these guys ability.

I can also verify it takes a while to recoupe developmental costs on this type of undertaking.....we invested a ton before we could release ours. Just giving an insiders view on this to help. I believe in them and all will work out fine in the end.
SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 05:06 PM   #22
Smirnoff

Drives: Camaro SS
According to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) pertaining to Consumer Protection:

If the merchant is unable to ship within the promised time, it must notify you by mail, telephone, or email, give a revised shipping date and give you the chance to cancel for a full refund or accept the new shipping date. The merchant also must give you some way to exercise the cancellation option for free, for example, by supplying a prepaid reply card or staffing a toll-free telephone number.

Last edited by Smirnoff; 07-18-2012 at 05:18 PM.
Smirnoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 05:18 PM   #23
GbrilliantQ
Ąʇuɐıןןıɹq

Drives: 2011 Camaro IOM 2SS/RS
Eh. I'm going to be pissed if I don't get this soon. I wanted to install it myself and before the fest. I ordered April 30th! Hell it still says 3 week delivery time on his original front mount thread.....

I sound like a broken record.

Sent from my Galaxy Note
GbrilliantQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 05:24 PM   #24
partymn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
Depends on when the kits were finalized and then of course the work load on everything else he is probably doing daily. Not sure on staff size, but all I have seen is quality all the way.....and understand, he is a direct competitor but as most know we try and share kowledge with the other shops that do what we do and all benefit from it unlike the few where it is "take no prisoners war"...and I respect these guys ability.

I can also verify it takes a while to recoupe developmental costs on this type of undertaking.....we invested a ton before we could release ours. Just giving an insiders view on this to help. I believe in them and all will work out fine in the end.
I would assume, and did, that the kits were finalized on or before 12 March 2012 because that's when he offered them to Camaro5 members at a discount. I would also assume that a good business, which should be the case, would not offer something that they don't have. So based on your comment the excuse that they are trying to finalize the kits is pretty weak.
Old 07-18-2012, 05:36 PM   #25
partymn

Quote:
Originally Posted by GbrilliantQ View Post
Eh. I'm going to be pissed if I don't get this soon. I wanted to install it myself and before the fest. I ordered April 30th! Hell it still says 3 week delivery time on his original front mount thread.....

I sound like a broken record.

Sent from my Galaxy Note
Good luck with that, the fest is only 14 days away.
Old 07-18-2012, 05:45 PM   #26
bumblebeecamaro
Car Lover By Nature

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue Metallic SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by old motorhead View Post
Personally, I think a 100% deposit is ridiculous.
Yeah, that's whats crazy about this whole deal. I think it should have been something like 25 or MAYBE 50% down as a deposit. Then the remaining balance be paid prior to the final product shipment.

I'd be very pissed if I gave someone 5 or 6 grand only to be waiting and waiting and waiting even more. If anything I think that HPS should give the guy a MAJOR discount on the product seeing since product delivery time has been shot way out of the ballpark.
Old 07-18-2012, 06:11 PM   #27
JLE58

Drives: CGM,twin turbo, cam 2010 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by partymn View Post
I would assume, and did, that the kits were finalized on or before 12 March 2012 because that's when he offered them to Camaro5 members at a discount. I would also assume that a good business, which should be the case, would not offer something that they don't have. So based on your comment the excuse that they are trying to finalize the kits is pretty weak.
. Finalized you bought one after the second kit was made. As far as asking full price how much money do you guys thinking they are making on the first 10 kits using the high end parts he is using? Everything is stainless and aluminum. Call comp and see how much one of these turbos cost? Call procharger, whipple, tti, vortech, etc.. And say hey I'm going to pay for the parts and when you ship my kit and I inspect I'll send you the money. 6k for a kit with stainless pipes, alum cold pipes, turbosmart bov and watergates, comp billet turbo yeah that about cover parts and fab cost guys. I'm know your upset with how long it has taken most people would be and chris understands that and he is working up it. Ask anyone of us guys that have built cars, me, huffer, bull, Emma, Robert etc.. and see how long is took for some of are stuff to be built from companies. I've been waiting a month on cylinder heads, bull has been waiting like 4 months on a engine, huffer didn't have his car for 6 months or so, Emma has not had hear cause since December. ....Sometimes things come up, problems come up, things small companies like hps can't help and can't afford to have stuff not done right is what Tracy is saying. Chris understands where your coming from he has been in your shoes before as has any of us that have built cars now or in the past. Once you get the kit and get it on and start driving it trust us you will have the perma grin back! Sorry this is sloppy big hands and a I phone is rough!
JLE58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 06:11 PM   #28
partymn

BOOM, finally someone gets the point.